Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
The night before Easter I had a really crazy dream. I really feel it was telling me something (because I remember it in detail), but I'm not quite sure what.<p>It was about my husband and me and a group of other people (who in the dream we knew but I can't recall any faces or names). We were following clues to something. When we got to a certain point my husband had to go to work, but it wasn't his job he really has. He was doing woodworking. He was in the process of making a very detailed elaborate wooden table. There were also some people after us trying to hurt or kill us. These people were moving in so me and the others ran off to get my husband, warn him and get him to move on with us in this clue gathering. After we got to my husband the group started ahead of us. My husband and I were ready to leave when we heard the men who were after us. We hid and jumped them enabling them long enough for us to take off. Our last stop was a church. Beautiful brick church with high towers. We went inside and knew somehow that we were supposed to light a candle. Not just any candle though, we had to light just the right candle to make it to the last part of our adventure. So as we were all discussing which candle to light, or to light all of them, I jumped in and said no, no, we are supposed to light the this one from this scripture (it was the third candle down one over -&gt [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] . I'm not sure what scripture I was talking about, but I was right because a new room opened up. We had to fill out a paper that told about us, name, address, single/married, etc. We were all afraid to do this because we thought it was a trick by the men who were after us. However, we were also afraid to lie. Then, after filling these out, we had to go back into another room in groups. My husband was in the first group, I was in the second. A little time passed and one of our friends come running out of the room up to me telling me that I needed to go back there. He explained that once back there they are asked questions and if they lie they will perish. My husband was being asked who he loves and he refused to answer the question out of fear the the one he loves would then be subject to perish. I finally realized what was going on. It was a test of faith and God was helping each of us to see certain things more clearly. I went back there and pleaded with my husband to answer the question - honestly. With tears in his eyes he said no, I will die for you to protect you. I began to cry and tried to explain that it was safe to tell (I knew I wasn't to explain what exactly was the purpose here). He still refused. So, with tears in my eyes I told him either you tell the truth or I will lie and perish with you. We both told the truth - that we love eachother - and were allowed to leave. Then we left the church and were standing on the front porch of my mothers house (our first residence - while we were waiting for our house purchase to close). Then I woke up, remembering the whole thing, and I shared it with my husband.<p>When we left for mass on Easter Sunday I was compelled to light that candle. I felt that I really needed to. That I was being told to. Well, our church didn't have any candles up. So, after mass we were heading over to my parent's house, and I asked my husband to stop at the church over in their neighborhood so I can light the candle. (Note: this church is the church we were married in.) I ran inside just after their mass had ended and the candles were right inside the door. The third candle down, one over was sitting there, dark, like it was waiting for me to light it. I lit it and said a little prayer.<p>Now, I am currently in the process of reading a book called Healing for Damaged Emotions, by David A. Seamands. I don't know many scriptures, but I have been thinking and wondering what scripture my dream was referring to. So, in this book I came across a reference to "Consider the incredible love that the Father has shown us in allowing us to be called 'children of God'" (1 John 3:1, PH). So, I wondered, is this what my dream was referring to? Is it coincidence? If it is, what is it trying to tell me? <p>Thanks to anyone who has read all of this. I could just use some help analyzing this. I am really drawn by this dream, and honestly feel there was a real message that I haven't quite found yet. This has never happened to me before, but some how I know it's real.

J
J
Tutter13-<p>What a cool dream ! The impressions I get are as follows: First your husband woodworking is I think symbolic of the carpenter, Jesus, your running to him with people chasing you is running to the safety of God. The elaborate table, he wants you to sit at His table. The brick and high towers of the church further represent security, remember the three little pigs and whose house the big bad wolf could not blow down, the brick one. High towers respresent ideals, the opposite of "low" behavior. Candles represent the light of truth, I think your experience in the church and the need to tell the truth and light a candle is relective of your belief that God wants you to be truthful. The third candle symbolizes the Holy Trinity. But the neatest image to me was your standing on the porch of your mother's house. This is where you began your life, the porch was your point of departure as a child into the world,leaving the protection of your mother and your home you go forth on your own to live your life, this time a new beginning. Keep on dreaming, hope they all come true!<p>Jack

P
P
Beautiful Dream T13
Wonderful Interpretation Jack.
Good luck to you both
Passmeby

P
OP Offline
P
Thank you so much Jack. I am in tears right now. I am catholic, but not the best at going to church, etc. It's not that I never go, but not alot. I just couldn't see the inside picture/message here. Thank you for bringing it to light for me. What you wrote makes so much sense. I am going to print this so I can refer to it when I need to. Thanks again. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

H
H
I dunno tutter...I think the search for "clues" means you're watching too much "blues clues" with the little one...and the rest sounds like an awesome sequel to the Harry Potter game my little one and I play together. Hee hee!

P
OP Offline
P
Passmeby - Thanks for reading and sharing with me in this. It means a lot to have people to count on for things like this.<p>Thanks for the laugh Hope. <p>Actually, Jack's analogy makes a lot of sense. I feel a sort of peace now. Thank you for taking the time to read my post and share this with me. As for the Harry Potter, I haven't even seen the movie so I don't think my psychi (spelling?) is pulling that in, but the Blues Clues - you could be onto something. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Take care all of you, and thanks again.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 135 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation