Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#995228 04/20/02 07:59 PM
P
OP Offline
P
HI there I have decided that i need to let my H know of my intention to let him go by way of a letter.
I was also going to include my wedding ring in with it something along the lines of this what are your thoughts??<p>Dear H
I have decided that the time has now come to let you go.
We no longer have a relationship together & the person you are at the moment is not the guy I have been married to, I do have a little bit of love left for you but I realise that it is now fading fast for me & I am not in any way attracted to this person you currently are.<p>Be by yourself & enjoy your life & if you fall down along the way you only have yourself to blame I will not be responsible for that any longer.<p>I am enclosing my wedding ring it once meant such a lot to me but I can no longer keep it.
Take care & b happy
W
Any helpful comments you have would b most helpful do i add anything along the lines of if he ever changed his mind???<p> [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]

#995229 04/20/02 09:44 PM
C
C
My closure letter is posted here somewhere. My H asked to come home the day after he received it. I also enclosed my rings. Yours is more confrontational than mine was.<p>You'll find a copy of my letter on this thread:<p>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=37&t=016146<p>If you want to leave the door open a crack, you may want to go with something similar. A counselor at www.divorcebusting.com helped me with mine.<p>[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: Conqueror ]</p>

#995230 04/20/02 09:49 PM
S
S
I guess I really can't give any feedback until I am sure what the intent of the letter is? What are you trying to accomplish? <p>If you are looking for an end, then I think this letter get the point across nicely. If you are looking for him to come around someday and return to the marriage, this is not the way to go.

#995231 04/20/02 09:57 PM
T
T
I totally agree with SinkingFast. If you are hoping for a reconcillation that won't get it for you. It sounds like an ending and that may make him believe it's final.

#995232 04/21/02 12:13 AM
_
_

<small>[ June 30, 2002, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: AD ]</small>

#995233 04/21/02 12:39 AM
G
G
You may want to take a look at some Plan B letters and see if that is more the way you want to go. K

#995234 04/21/02 01:02 AM
L
L
I understand your anger, and believe the letter is potentially driven out of the anger. If you did have a good marriage up to a certain point, I would ask you to reconsider how much anger you direct to him in the letter. I believe you know internally what the chances are of getting back together, being able to forgive, and learn to trust again. As well as if he is the type of person that will take responsibility for his actions, and seek the help he will need to understand what part of him could let him become so self centered, and what he needs to change about himself to ensure this never happens again. Some advice I was given in dealing with my wife through our separation is to ensure I am honest to her about my emotions, but to ensure I always try to leave things in a place that I will never regret my actions or words. Never let your spouse be able to look at you and say the way you dealt with them after the the affair was recognized only justified the reason they had a affair. It forces you to have to vent that anger a different way, but gives you the ability to look back and feel good about the way you handled things. As a man I don't think giving him the ring back will make the point you want to make, it might make him mad, but since he is with another woman at present he may look at it as a opportunity to take. If he takes this opportunity and turns around and sells the ring or something like that, it will only be you that is hurt. He is presently gone of his own choice, and is doing what he wants, as painful as that is to take. I know I had to face that with my wife. Put the ring in a place where you don't have to look at it. If you have any contact he will notice if you are or are not wearing the ring, and that makes a statement itself. You are a victim through this, don't do anything that can let him feel as if he was justified in his actions. He was self centered and will feel his guilt sooner or latter.

#995235 04/22/02 11:04 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Hey you guys thanks so much for your input yep i did write that letter in anger I was mad because of what the OW H shared with me. You can read that on another post on here & also my proper plan b letter

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 731 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation