Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1
i've had this sickening feeling for some time now that my husband might be gay. i won't spell it all out in this post, but if anyone can help, please reply to my post. please do not e-mail me, though, as we share a mailbox.
thanks,
hoping i'm wrong . . .

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 1,206
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 1,206
Well, I'm not sure what help I can give. Do you suspect he is having an affair with a man? Does he have reading material that would lead you to this conclusion? What is making you think this?<p>More details would certainly help.

Joined: Aug 1999
Posts: 6,107
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Aug 1999
Posts: 6,107
Yes, more details please.<p>If indeed your H is gay, and I can only assume you wouldn't make such an accusation without some deep thought, then you must realize that gay men don't suddenly go straight. Do you feel that he married you to have children, as a marriage of convenience, or because he didn't *realize* or *accept* that he was gay?<p>I won't go into details, but I know someone who had my gaydar up bigtime (a family member)... he never came out of the closet (he's in his 40's now), married quite late, and the marriage seemed kind of oddly-friendship-based from the beginning. This man is a born again Christian, and I wonder if his fear of being "wrong" or "bad" have kept him in the closet. I have always felt that it is a terrible shame for someone to pretend to be someone they aren't. <p>I hope you're wrong about your H, but I must ask what it is that leads you to this conclusion, and if you always felt somewhere in your soul that he was gay??<p>I also want to add that you aren't the first to discuss this topic on the boards. Perhaps you could put the word "gay" into the search above and find others who have shared your problem.<p>Here's one thread to get your started:
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000024<p>Here's another:
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=001545<p>[ April 24, 2002: Message edited by: new_beginning ]</p>

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 2,900
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 2,900


<small>[ February 07, 2005, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: hanora ]</small>


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0