Marriage Builders
Posted By: *Cali* join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 01:28 PM
Happy 4th of July. On this Independence Day let's be lighthearted and put away our troubles...just for a bit and enjoy the day...<P>I will be happy to 'host' the party....come on all join me...<P>I'll fire up the grill...I have some meat on the smoker already...<P>making the potato salad...<P>and cutting up the strawberries for shortcake....<P>
Posted By: Ishmael Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 01:44 PM
JPC:<P>Hey, that's a great idea. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Now if only virtual reality extended to the taste buds...<P>Ish
Cali,<BR>Just wanted to say your stamina and endurence is phenomenal. you have so much heart and warmth...... you will always be StrongerinCali to me....<BR>UMmmmmm a party Ill bring the drinks<p>[This message has been edited by LuvOnTheRox (edited July 04, 2001).]
Cali,<BR>It's been so long since I've been to a fourth of July party. I've been in Canada so long, I forget what it feels like to be American. Okay, let's see, should I bring Nanaimo bars...no wait, that's Canadian, okay how about apple pie. Then there's the beer, how 'bout Molson Ice...no...Miller, yeah. Smoked salmon...uh, maybe jalapeno artichoke dip instead. Ooooh, then we can have poutine...darn...well, onion rings? Of course, there's that great song that should be sung on the fourth...<BR>Oh, Canada.....ooops, I meant... Oh say can you see...<BR>Still a little mixed up I guess. A little deprogramming is in order. Hand me one of those sparklers, and a red, white, and blue flag, and I'll be fine.<BR>Happy fourth, everyone.<BR>Arik
Posted By: jeffers Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 01:56 PM
We used to do multi-family picnics/parties all the time when I was a kid. Brings back memories, this is great.<P>I'm going to bring something I never got to have back then - Homebrew. <P>Got a big assortment for anyone interested:<P>A nice rich brown ale (low alchohol so you can drink more). My W's favorite!<P>How about an intense pale ale - I think it's like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale but just "more". (CA people should recognize SNP ale.)<P>Or maybe a dark, slightly bitter Porter.<P>Oops, now I'm getting thirsty.<P> - Jeffers
Posted By: trueheart Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 02:29 PM
Morning Cali and everyone!!<P>Have a great day! I am headed to the golf course this morning, so I will see yall later on after the food is all cooked...hehe!!<BR>Be kind and light hearted today! And may all your fireworks be in the nighttime skies tonight!!<P>Trueheart
Posted By: IMSorry Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 02:40 PM
Happy 4th all!!! This is the first year out of 11 that we will be spending the holiday alone, together... just me W and 3 boys.... I love it!!!! We are going to have a blast... Thanks to God for His great hand in my life... BTW... 5 July will be our 11th anniversary... the best one yet!!! Thanks MB for all support you provide for all....<P>God Bless<P><P>------------------<BR>IMSorry.....now IMHappy (In Recovery..Thanks to God)
Posted By: Mitzi Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 03:00 PM
Hey! Just popped over from the D/D board and couldn't pass up a party!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I've got dessert! Better-than-sex cake!! Chocolate cake with caramel and lots of chocolate and whipped cream! YUMMY!!!!<P>Happy 4th everyone!<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: movinonnmissouri Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 03:04 PM
We will bring the watermelon and the sparklers...maybe some bottle rockets too.. Have a great and safe 4th!!
Posted By: GeezLouise Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 03:09 PM
Happy Independence Day to all! Although the weather is a bit "under the weather (gray/rainy)" here in the hometown, the 4th of July festivities will be held indoors. In fact, I think I'll go shopping and hit a few summer clearance sales while the kids are at the movies. <P>Cali.....I'll make a pit stop at your place during my little shopping spree. Since Mitzi is bringing the dessert, I'll fall back on my second best dish....Taco Dip. It's GOOD stuff. And it's calorie-free [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I wish I could stay longer, but too many sales and too little time. <P>------------------<BR><B>Time heals all wounds as long as you DON'T pick at them!</B>
Posted By: Paintbox Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 03:09 PM
I'm in for a double-slice of that cake Mitzi - and I've got a great cocktail to go with it, it's called a 'Screaming Orgasm' and it's equal parts of Cointreau, Bailey's Irish Cream and Vodka, yummy! LOL [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I could also bring a nice pot of tea (If you guys promise NOT to throw it in the pond.... LOL!).<P>Oh, and I'll bake some scones as well - split in half, buttered, with clotted cream and strawberry jam on top!<P>hugs, Paint
Posted By: SeenTheLight Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 03:12 PM
All:<P>Happy 4th o' July! Standing by on the grill with dogs, burgers and baby-back ribs ...<P>Godspeed to you all,<BR>STL
Posted By: Quiet_Goodbye Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 03:19 PM
A transplanted Canadian checking in here...<P>Love my new home, but homesick for my native USA... especially on days like today! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I'll bring the blender, and the tequilla... and the lime... yeppers, it's MARGARITA time!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: *Cali* Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 03:24 PM
Okay---time to fire up the tunes...<P>Requests anyone?<P>I'll start out with a little Neil Diamond--Coming to America [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. LOL....Not really my style, but an appropriate start to the day...<P>I just love a good party...Peace to all<P>Cali
Posted By: SeenTheLight Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 03:26 PM
Music and marguaritas ... oh boy, this is turning into quite the party!<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL
Posted By: *Cali* Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/05/01 05:30 AM
I know it's early...but where is everyone?<P>The pool is sparkling...the outdoor mister is keeping the patio cool...<P>There's plenty of shaded lawn as well...<P>(This is, of course, my virtual reality home...we can make it like we want it [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].)<P>Are ya'll still preparing? Looking forward to seeing you.<P><BR>Cali
Posted By: SeenTheLight Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/05/01 05:32 AM
Cali:<P>Want baked beans and coleslaw with those baby-back ribs?<P>Godspeed and enjoy the day,<BR>STL
Posted By: Orchid Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/05/01 05:39 AM
Ok, let's make this a little tropical also. How about some Hawaiian huli-huli chicken. I have some marinating right now. Then I'll make some chili beans and pineapple upside down cake. <P>Hawaiian music or old songs? I can bring my ukulele. I can provide the music, but I don't have the vocals. Any unabashed singers out there? Terri?!?!? Do you do requests? Hey, there is a DJ out there somewhere, CJack where are you?<P>L.<BR>
Posted By: Orchid Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 07:27 PM
Hey, the chilis in the pot and I'm getting ready to light the barbi. Who's mixing the drinks?!?!? I'm thirsty [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>L.<P>
Posted By: *Cali* Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 07:31 PM
LuvOnTheRox promised some drinks, Jeffers said he'd bring some home brew and Nyneve is bringing the goods for margaritas...<P>I'll throw in some extra tequila for shooters [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]--for you party animals out there.<P><BR>People are starting to arrive, the music is boomin', the food is jammin' and it's HOT, HOT, HOT in Cali...<P>No skinnydipping until the sun goes down [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>
Posted By: jeffers Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 07:33 PM
I'm up for some singing. Unfortunately most of the songs I know are folk songs like "Oh, Susanna", "I've been working on the Railroad", "Frere Jacques" (in two languages - lol), etc. I can invent some songs, as long as they're sung to the tune of "Frere Jacques", unfortunately, most of the songs I invent have dinosaurs, mice, and cats in them (you can guess where these requests came from ;-)<P>to the tune of "Frere Jacques"<P>Great big dinosaurs,<BR>Green and ugly.<BR>Stomping cats,<BR>Eating mice......<P>I didn't say it would be pretty.<P> -- Jeffers <P>
Posted By: *Cali* Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 07:35 PM
Oh, Jeffers, LOL--LOL<P>Chuckle, chuckle<P><BR>How about if I dig out my karaoke machine? That ought to be good for a few more laughs [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]...
Posted By: jeffers Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 07:38 PM
If we do karaoke I only know one song right now:<P>"One Tin Soldier" (from the movie Billy Jack)<P>Actually seems kind of appropriate today.<P> -- Jeffers
Posted By: jeffers Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 07:42 PM
Or, here's one everyone knows.<P>Let's all start the party with the "Star Spangled Banner". <P>(All you Canucks can just hum along if you like, eh? Don't worry, I'm going to be in Canada next week so at least one of you will get even with me then.)<P>I'm getting into this party thing.<P> -- Jeffers
Posted By: Orchid Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 07:43 PM
Jeffers,<P>The CA version is: Jose, can U C?<P>Does your singing get better with a few of the brew? If yes, I have a 6 pack of Pacifico Beer. Maybe my playing the uke will sound better then. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>L.<P><p>[This message has been edited by Orchid (edited July 04, 2001).]
Posted By: JK Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 09:04 PM
Hey All, mind if I join your party?<P>I brought my boom box (actually W kept it), first song, one of my all time favorites, by Don McClane, American Pie.<P>JK<BR>
Posted By: SeenTheLight Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 09:06 PM
<BR>One Corona with lime later ...<P>The fog creeps in, the fog creeps out,<BR>in their brains,<BR>and out their mouth ...<P>(here STL, have another Corona ...)<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL
Posted By: Quiet_Goodbye Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 09:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeffers:<BR><B>If we do karaoke I only know one song right now:<P>"One Tin Soldier" (from the movie Billy Jack)<P>Actually seems kind of appropriate today.<P> -- Jeffers</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Listen children to a story, that was written long ago... lalalalalalalala... <P>Love that song... and BOY, did you just date yourself!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Me too, of course! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>
Posted By: SeenTheLight Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 09:08 PM
If I date myself, we will have to resort to carbon dating.<P>STL
Posted By: Quiet_Goodbye Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 09:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeenTheLight:<BR><B><BR>One Corona with lime later ...<P>The fog creeps in, the fog creeps out,<BR>in their brains,<BR>and out their mouth ...<P>(here STL, have another Corona ...)<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Corona... sigh... with lime?... sigh... do you know how difficult that is to get in Canada? I do [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>My favorite beer and my first choice, even before marguaritas!!! That "mega-thread" on the D/D board had me and about fifteen Corona's in it!!! It was over the course of a year, after all !! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] hee hee<P>
Posted By: SeenTheLight Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 09:12 PM
N:<P>On my next one, I will drink a toast to the senora del norde ...<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL
Posted By: Quiet_Goodbye Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 09:17 PM
STL,<P>Ah [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Thanks!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: SeenTheLight Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 09:23 PM
All:<P>I usually do this in my mind every Memorial Day, Veteran's Day and 4th of July ... but, since we are all here:<P>John Tabert, Doc Halloway, Jesus Ramirez and all the others whom I did not know: on this day, I hope you know peace, and that your ultimate sacrifice is still remembered by myself and thousands like me. May God grant you eternal rest.<P>[Just a rememberance to why we have the freedoms we do. Our liberty has been paid for with the blood of patriots.]<P>(OK, now I've dated myself. No, the guy with the fife is not me.)<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL<p>[This message has been edited by SeenTheLight (edited July 04, 2001).]
Posted By: jeffers Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 10:43 PM
Geez, I'm falling behind on the party (but not on the brews!)<P>Orchid: I'm singin' right now and you won't believe this, but we had a trumpet player in my high school band who messed up on the Star Bangled Banner ... and his name was Jose... (LOL). Can I get Pacifico in San Fran???<P>Nyneve: You carry the tune well I might add. (I just had that song in my head a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't remember the words. askjeeves.com is good for something!!!)<P>Nice tribute STL. Our paper reprinted the Declaration of Independence today. Also a must read on the 4th.<P>Party on,<P> -- Jeffers<P>p.s. The roller coaster is going UP today!<p>[This message has been edited by jeffers (edited July 04, 2001).]
Posted By: SeenTheLight Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 10:46 PM
Jeffers:<P>Ours did also ... and I agree, a must read.<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL
Posted By: Xman Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 10:53 PM
<p>[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Xman ]</p>
Posted By: SeenTheLight Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 11:01 PM
Hurry folks, step this way ... it is the MB Tubercular Choir ...<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL
Posted By: *Cali* Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 11:23 PM
ALL ARE WELCOME...in fact at my workplace those that don't come get 'talked' about....eh, eh, eh.<P>And, XMan...don't take a wrong turn at Alburquerque...<P>My H has the music pumpin' with a CD from the Roots on...(he's into hiphop and Rap...)<P>The sun is still bright in Cali...fireworks don't start until about 9 p.m.<P>Uh, oh...I could be wrong...I seem to see some 'romantic' sparks flying [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>Cali
Posted By: Quiet_Goodbye Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/04/01 11:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeenTheLight:<P><B>Tubercular</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I admit, me, the college graduate, had to look it up! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>
Posted By: SeenTheLight Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/05/01 12:07 AM
N:<P>My Complete Oxford English Dictionary is well dog-eared.<P>The first time I saw your name in a post, I had to dig up my books on ancient mythology.<P>Anyone ready for seconds on BBQ chicken or baby-back ribs?<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL
Posted By: Zorweb Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/05/01 01:03 AM
I’ve brought some Guacamole with lots of green chile and tortilla chips. Just like you like it STL. <P>How about another margarita? <P>Z<BR><P>------------------<BR>He loves not who does not show love.<BR>----William Shakespeare
Posted By: Zorweb Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/05/01 01:07 AM
You know STL, if you keep mixing Coronas and margaritas like that we are going to be picking you up off the floor.
Posted By: after shock Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/05/01 01:56 AM
Okay, can I come too?<P>That Billy Jack stuff just did it ! ! ! ! ! ! Bought the video about 5 weeks ago, for $3.00/brand new. I went to the drive-in theatre 17 times to see it - my dad even brought a cassette player home from work for me to borrow to tape the movie (that's all we had back then). I'll date myself - I don't care.<P>I'll bring some really mean (wonderful) potato salad. Let's have some veggies with ranch dressing, and don't forget the pina coladas, or mai tais.<P>Truth be known, I'm just having a quiet 4th at home (H is working today) won't be home until around 11. Just decided to stay out of the rat race & stay at home.<BR>aftershock<P>p.s. great hearing about the party stuff - I'll bring the streamers too.
Posted By: Orchid Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/05/01 02:01 AM
Jeffers,<P>Pacificos are sold throughtout California. I am in the Bay Area. Better than Coors?!?!?! I think so. <P>Uh oh, have I made some enemies? There's enough for everyone. Did anyone find out what kind of brew Rick sent WAT? Stared with a B or something. <P>Z, I'd like to try some of your gucamole and chips to go with my beer. STL can you please pass the guaco?<P>L.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Orchid (edited July 04, 2001).]
Posted By: jeffers Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/05/01 02:17 AM
Yeehah, FIREWORKS!!!!!<P> \ | /<BR> - * -.....\ | /<BR> / | \.....-***-<BR>............/ | \<P><BR>[This message has been edited by jeffers (edited July 04, 2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by jeffers (edited July 04, 2001).]
Posted By: *Cali* Re: join me for a 4th of July party - 07/05/01 08:16 AM
And a good time was had by all.<P>pack up your troubles <BR>and put them away, <BR>maybe just for a day, <BR>but put them away<BR>and be free.<BR>enjoy life. <BR>appreciate life.<BR>live life.<BR>for tomorrow<BR>is another day.<P>Cali
© Marriage Builders® Forums