Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
Happy 4th of July. On this Independence Day let's be lighthearted and put away our troubles...just for a bit and enjoy the day...<P>I will be happy to 'host' the party....come on all join me...<P>I'll fire up the grill...I have some meat on the smoker already...<P>making the potato salad...<P>and cutting up the strawberries for shortcake....<P>

I
I
JPC:<P>Hey, that's a great idea. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Now if only virtual reality extended to the taste buds...<P>Ish

A
A
Cali,<BR>Just wanted to say your stamina and endurence is phenomenal. you have so much heart and warmth...... you will always be StrongerinCali to me....<BR>UMmmmmm a party Ill bring the drinks<p>[This message has been edited by LuvOnTheRox (edited July 04, 2001).]

B
B
Cali,<BR>It's been so long since I've been to a fourth of July party. I've been in Canada so long, I forget what it feels like to be American. Okay, let's see, should I bring Nanaimo bars...no wait, that's Canadian, okay how about apple pie. Then there's the beer, how 'bout Molson Ice...no...Miller, yeah. Smoked salmon...uh, maybe jalapeno artichoke dip instead. Ooooh, then we can have poutine...darn...well, onion rings? Of course, there's that great song that should be sung on the fourth...<BR>Oh, Canada.....ooops, I meant... Oh say can you see...<BR>Still a little mixed up I guess. A little deprogramming is in order. Hand me one of those sparklers, and a red, white, and blue flag, and I'll be fine.<BR>Happy fourth, everyone.<BR>Arik

J
J
We used to do multi-family picnics/parties all the time when I was a kid. Brings back memories, this is great.<P>I'm going to bring something I never got to have back then - Homebrew. <P>Got a big assortment for anyone interested:<P>A nice rich brown ale (low alchohol so you can drink more). My W's favorite!<P>How about an intense pale ale - I think it's like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale but just "more". (CA people should recognize SNP ale.)<P>Or maybe a dark, slightly bitter Porter.<P>Oops, now I'm getting thirsty.<P> - Jeffers

T
T
Morning Cali and everyone!!<P>Have a great day! I am headed to the golf course this morning, so I will see yall later on after the food is all cooked...hehe!!<BR>Be kind and light hearted today! And may all your fireworks be in the nighttime skies tonight!!<P>Trueheart

I
I
Happy 4th all!!! This is the first year out of 11 that we will be spending the holiday alone, together... just me W and 3 boys.... I love it!!!! We are going to have a blast... Thanks to God for His great hand in my life... BTW... 5 July will be our 11th anniversary... the best one yet!!! Thanks MB for all support you provide for all....<P>God Bless<P><P>------------------<BR>IMSorry.....now IMHappy (In Recovery..Thanks to God)

M
M
Hey! Just popped over from the D/D board and couldn't pass up a party!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I've got dessert! Better-than-sex cake!! Chocolate cake with caramel and lots of chocolate and whipped cream! YUMMY!!!!<P>Happy 4th everyone!<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
We will bring the watermelon and the sparklers...maybe some bottle rockets too.. Have a great and safe 4th!!

G
G
Happy Independence Day to all! Although the weather is a bit "under the weather (gray/rainy)" here in the hometown, the 4th of July festivities will be held indoors. In fact, I think I'll go shopping and hit a few summer clearance sales while the kids are at the movies. <P>Cali.....I'll make a pit stop at your place during my little shopping spree. Since Mitzi is bringing the dessert, I'll fall back on my second best dish....Taco Dip. It's GOOD stuff. And it's calorie-free [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I wish I could stay longer, but too many sales and too little time. <P>------------------<BR><B>Time heals all wounds as long as you DON'T pick at them!</B>

P
P
I'm in for a double-slice of that cake Mitzi - and I've got a great cocktail to go with it, it's called a 'Screaming Orgasm' and it's equal parts of Cointreau, Bailey's Irish Cream and Vodka, yummy! LOL [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I could also bring a nice pot of tea (If you guys promise NOT to throw it in the pond.... LOL!).<P>Oh, and I'll bake some scones as well - split in half, buttered, with clotted cream and strawberry jam on top!<P>hugs, Paint

S
S
All:<P>Happy 4th o' July! Standing by on the grill with dogs, burgers and baby-back ribs ...<P>Godspeed to you all,<BR>STL

Q
Q
A transplanted Canadian checking in here...<P>Love my new home, but homesick for my native USA... especially on days like today! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I'll bring the blender, and the tequilla... and the lime... yeppers, it's MARGARITA time!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay---time to fire up the tunes...<P>Requests anyone?<P>I'll start out with a little Neil Diamond--Coming to America [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. LOL....Not really my style, but an appropriate start to the day...<P>I just love a good party...Peace to all<P>Cali

S
S
Music and marguaritas ... oh boy, this is turning into quite the party!<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL

*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
I know it's early...but where is everyone?<P>The pool is sparkling...the outdoor mister is keeping the patio cool...<P>There's plenty of shaded lawn as well...<P>(This is, of course, my virtual reality home...we can make it like we want it [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].)<P>Are ya'll still preparing? Looking forward to seeing you.<P><BR>Cali

S
S
Cali:<P>Want baked beans and coleslaw with those baby-back ribs?<P>Godspeed and enjoy the day,<BR>STL

O
O
Ok, let's make this a little tropical also. How about some Hawaiian huli-huli chicken. I have some marinating right now. Then I'll make some chili beans and pineapple upside down cake. <P>Hawaiian music or old songs? I can bring my ukulele. I can provide the music, but I don't have the vocals. Any unabashed singers out there? Terri?!?!? Do you do requests? Hey, there is a DJ out there somewhere, CJack where are you?<P>L.<BR>

O
O
Hey, the chilis in the pot and I'm getting ready to light the barbi. Who's mixing the drinks?!?!? I'm thirsty [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>L.<P>

*Cali* Offline OP
OP Offline
LuvOnTheRox promised some drinks, Jeffers said he'd bring some home brew and Nyneve is bringing the goods for margaritas...<P>I'll throw in some extra tequila for shooters [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]--for you party animals out there.<P><BR>People are starting to arrive, the music is boomin', the food is jammin' and it's HOT, HOT, HOT in Cali...<P>No skinnydipping until the sun goes down [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation