Marriage Builders
Posted By: Krazy71 Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 08:05 PM
I think was the angriest at one time, anyway. I haven't looked, but my early posts are probably still here. I was seething with rage...I don't know how I wasn't banned from this site. I acutally WAS banned from that purple site for the same behavior I exhibited here. Many thanks to the powers that be for tolerating me. I don't know where I would've blown off that amount of steam had I been booted.

What surprised me about my anger wasn't how intense it was...it was how long it lasted. Nearly 3 years, and it felt like it was physically killing me. When I finally moved out on my own, the darkness started to lift immediately. 2.5 years later I am a new person.

I'm not a professional and I don't even play one on TV, but if you are struggling with infidelity-induced anger, maybe I can help. Ask me anything. My old marriage wasn't saved, but I now have a chance at a healthy marriage in the future, thanks in no small part to the things I've learned here.
Posted By: Neak Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 09:35 PM
Hi Krazy! I would definitely put you in the top 3, though an exact ranking would be hard to decide.

It's SO GOOD to hear that you are feeling an improvement.
Posted By: Lexxxy Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 09:36 PM
Welcome back!
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 09:41 PM
Thank you both!

I'm happy to say I'm a different person altogether.
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 09:46 PM
So what were some of the things you did on your personal recovery road?
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 09:47 PM
Welcome back dear Krazy.
Posted By: Gamma Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 09:48 PM
K71,

Actually "mike_c2", or some name similar, ended up beating OM some time after the end of the affair, which would make him a contender for your crown.

I guess there might be two sub-categories, angriest at Spouse or angriest at other person.

God Bless
Gamma
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
So what were some of the things you did on your personal recovery road?

It's a cliche', but the passage of time helped the most. It allowed me to gain perspective on my life, see things for what they were, and to identify the mistakes I made as a husband.

It was also important to maintain distance from my ex. Communication with her was (and still is) as brief and businesslike as possible. I am civil, but I don't discuss topics like my personal life.

I made new friends and reunited with old ones. I found renewed pride in being a father. I found hope, for lack of a better term. I was a zombie before, but I "woke up".
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Welcome back dear Krazy.

If memory serves, I owe you a personal apology. No more political talk here from me.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 10:02 PM
I don't think you were the angriest Krazy.
I think that award goes to

Pariah

But, of course, his WW tried to kill him dead. Literally.
He was just a wee bit angry. stickout
Wanna hear something funny?
I'm FB friends with that boy.
He's really got a good heart.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Welcome back dear Krazy.

If memory serves, I owe you a personal apology. No more political talk here from me.

We all deserve forgiveness and/or an apology from time to time.

I'm glad you posted. hug
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 10:12 PM
[
It was also important to maintain distance from my ex. Communication with her was (and still is) as brief and businesslike as possible. I am civil, but I don't discuss topics like my personal life.

hey Krazy!! You make a really good point here. I found that I was still furious years later about my XH. [the one I beat up, who left me for the OW] I discovered I wasn't angry anymore when I just stopped talking to him altogether! No trigger, no anger.

Glad to see you around. smile
Posted By: FindingFreedom Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 10:33 PM
Okay I'm pretty new here, but Melody Lane, am I correct in reading that you have an ex-H who you beat up ??? Would you be offended if I giggled at that thought ???? Gulp.
Posted By: Viper Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 10:42 PM
Shoot, the beat down was nothing compared to her eating his truck in front of him while he lay there battered and bleeding.
Posted By: NeverGuessed Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 10:43 PM
Always a pleasure to meet another poster with some "spirit"!

I also was deemed a "purple people eater" on that other site and was...excused...from further participation. (Of course I also did two weeks in the sin-bin here - a year ago today, as a matter of fact!)

Welcome back K71.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 10:44 PM
You mean "banned camp", doncha?
Posted By: HoldHerHand Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 10:45 PM
Mel, if you don't stop admitting and owning all these imperfections and mistakes, its going to be real hard to be angry with you the next time we disagree about something... Dang you...
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by TigerWes
Shoot, the beat down was nothing compared to her eating his truck in front of him while he lay there battered and bleeding.

I did not "eat the truck," you silly! sigh I accidentally bashed my car into the back of it. over and over and over again ... I had a run in my stockings and broke a high heel! cry
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 10:54 PM
Really, the way I heard it Mel, your dumbassexhusband backed INTO your car over and over.
Mel, trust me, it's not your fault.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 10:56 PM
Really, the way I heard it Mel, your dumbassexhusband backed INTO your car over and over.
Mel, trust me, it's not your fault.

tis true.... laugh
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 10:58 PM
I will never forget the big toof OW's face looking out the back winder crying and screaming "LEAVE US ALONE!!! LEAVE US ALONE!!" She looked very excited! laugh
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:01 PM
Ok, maybe I'm only the 4th angriest poster here, but...but...I was really angry. rotflmao
Posted By: SunnyDinTX Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:01 PM
Shooooot - and someone (on another forum) once accused me of being abusive to my then wayward husband because I pushed him in the chest after learning of his infidelity??!!!!!!

I LOVE Mel's truck story!!!!! Kinda like the way I love that Carrie Underwood song. Can't think of the name of it, but you know the one!
Posted By: Viper Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:01 PM
Am I the only one that read dumbassexhusband as dumb-as-sex-husband?

I must be having an off night
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:02 PM
Ok, maybe I'm only the 4th angriest poster here, but...but...I was really angry. rotflmao

I place you at third.
LOL
Posted By: SunnyDinTX Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:04 PM

I did too at first!!!!
lol
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:05 PM
I was really angry.

Krazy, lemme ask you this.
While you were really angry, did people with a sunny disposition annoy you beyond reason?
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by SunnyDinTX

I did too at first!!!!
lol

Me too.
And I wrote it.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:05 PM

Get in line, buster!! weightlifter
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:06 PM
Shooooot - and someone (on another forum) once accused me of being abusive to my then wayward husband because I pushed him in the chest after learning of his infidelity??!!!!!!

Were you holding a sledge hammer at the time?
Posted By: SunnyDinTX Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:08 PM

Were you holding a sledge hammer at the time?

I wish!!!
LOL

Posted By: My4Loves Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:11 PM
I was really angry.

While you were really angry, did people with a sunny disposition annoy you beyond reason?

Great Question Pep - I often wonder that myself.

Do really angry (raging) blame everyone else kind of people not do well when they given kindness, love, and patience?

This brings me to Plan A. Can Plan A repel the wayward because they cannot be around someone being nice to them, when they are committing such betrayal?
Posted By: SunnyDinTX Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by PrayIncessantly
I was really angry.

Great Question Pep - I often wonder that myself.

Do really angry (raging) blame everyone else kind of people not do well when they given kindness, love, and patience?

This brings me to Plan A. Can Plan A repel the wayward because they cannot be around someone being nice to them, when they are committing such betrayal?

When I was in the angry stage I didn't want anyone patting me on the head saying stupid things like, "It'll blow over... You'll be fine..."

I wanted someone to give me a plan of action to DO something about it.
Posted By: FindingFreedom Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:19 PM
Melody bashed the truck, beat up the husband AND put a run in her nylons and broke a heel ??? Oh.my.goodness. I'll make sure I follow all her advice lest I get on her bad side !!! rotflmao
Posted By: karmasrose Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:25 PM
Wooohoooo! That's how a real southern lady deals with it.

Gretchen Wilson must have been inspired by Mel to write "Homewrecker"... (Not with Mel AS the "hopeful" OW of course)
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/09/12 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by FindingFreedom
Melody bashed the truck, beat up the husband AND put a run in her nylons and broke a heel ??? Oh.my.goodness. I'll make sure I follow all her advice lest I get on her bad side !!! rotflmao

I messed my hair and nails up too!! cry
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/10/12 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by FindingFreedom
Please be sure to note that Melody follows her own advice: she left her gun in her car. laugh
Posted By: Neak Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/10/12 12:20 AM
If you take Mel with you, you don't need a gun.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/10/12 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by Neak

stickout
Posted By: hurtdad Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/10/12 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Always a pleasure to meet another poster with some "spirit"!

I also was deemed a "purple people eater" on that other site and was...excused...from further participation. (Of course I also did two weeks in the sin-bin here - a year ago today, as a matter of fact!)

Welcome back K71.

I was excused from that other site for calling a duck a duck. Go figure.
Posted By: Dealan-de Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/10/12 12:52 AM
Thank you both!

I'm happy to say I'm a different person altogether.

This pleases me greatly.

I'm so happy for you Krazyman.
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/10/12 12:55 AM
(Of course I also did two weeks in the sin-bin here - a year ago today, as a matter of fact!)
Happy Anniversary, NG!

rotflmao
Posted By: HerPapaBear Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/10/12 02:31 AM
Krazy, It's nice to hear you're doing so much better!
Posted By: Scotland Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/10/12 02:43 AM
I think that your story will help prove that Plan B sure as heck does help people. I wonder though, who was the second most angry person on the boards? WE got 1st, and 3rd recorded, but no 2nd. i haven't been around long enough to know.

Nice to "meet" you Krazy
Posted By: markos Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/10/12 03:32 AM
Originally Posted by Neak

Chuck Norris is scared of MelodyLane.
Posted By: karmasrose Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/10/12 03:56 AM
Kids wear Superman pajamas.
Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.
Chuck Norris wears MelodyLane pajamas.

rotflmao
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/10/12 04:01 AM
you people are regular comedians!! naughty

[Linked Image from cheesebuerger.de]
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/10/12 04:22 AM
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Kids wear Superman pajamas.
Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.
Chuck Norris wears MelodyLane pajamas.

rotflmao

rotflmao rotflmao hurray

Best laff I had all day!
Posted By: markos Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/10/12 04:33 AM
Notable post!
Posted By: helpthelostdads Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/10/12 02:19 PM
I remember the angry phase. It was very intense and filled my head with dark thoughts. I remember feeling like my arms were going to explode and my head pounded and I wanted to break something. It took a good friend of mine to make me face my own anger.

I got banned temporarily from this forum for advocating that a BH who had no kids should walk away, count his blessings, and never look back. I advocated that viewpoint one too many times for a particular BH and got a 2 week ban.

I still hold that view, though I don�t keep repeating it once it is said one time.

But I remember your anger. I remember your advice which generally focused on dropping the WS. I think a BS who adopts the attitude that their WS is disposable stands the best chance of recovery. Accepting that they are replaceable is empowering.
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 03:04 PM
I was really angry.

Oh yes..."annoy" would be an extreme understatement.
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
I remember the angry phase. It was very intense and filled my head with dark thoughts. I remember feeling like my arms were going to explode and my head pounded and I wanted to break something. It took a good friend of mine to make me face my own anger.

I got banned temporarily from this forum for advocating that a BH who had no kids should walk away, count his blessings, and never look back. I advocated that viewpoint one too many times for a particular BH and got a 2 week ban.

I still hold that view, though I don�t keep repeating it once it is said one time.

But I remember your anger. I remember your advice which generally focused on dropping the WS. I think a BS who adopts the attitude that their WS is disposable stands the best chance of recovery. Accepting that they are replaceable is empowering.

I have my beliefs and they are set in stone, but I've learned to keep them to myself unless I'm asked.
Posted By: armymama Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 03:15 PM
Krazy,

I remember many of your posts from the summer and fall of 2008, when I was new to MB. At the time, I thought anger was sort of a natural state.

Glad you are doing well.

AM
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by armymama
Krazy,

I remember many of your posts from the summer and fall of 2008, when I was new to MB. At the time, I thought anger was sort of a natural state.

Glad you are doing well.

AM

Thank you very much.

Anger is a sickness that starts as an emotional illness, then progresses to a physical condition if left untreated. It's the big bad brother of basic stress.
Posted By: Neak Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 04:34 PM
I would worry tremendously about anyone who experienced infidelity and didn't go through anger and rage. The operative word being "through".

I'm SO GLAD you have made it through.
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 04:40 PM
Me too! Now that I've made it through, I've tried to give advice to a few other BSs. They are some of the most frustrating people on Earth because they NEVER LISTEN!!

Good grief, most of them have their head so far up the WSs [censored] that a crowbar is needed to extract them. LOL
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 04:43 PM
I was really angry.

I've been waiting for your response to this.
Thanks.
I trust your honesty. shocked
Did my particular sunny disposition annoy you?

I am using this as a teachable moment for MYSELF, not to help you. You don't need my help.
I "see" myself in a particular light, and I wonder if/when a person is in deep pain/anger .... my natural cheerfulness might be more than annoying?
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 04:56 PM
I was really angry.

I've been waiting for your response to this.
Thanks.
I trust your honesty. shocked
Did my particular sunny disposition annoy you?

I am using this as a teachable moment for MYSELF, not to help you. You don't need my help.
I "see" myself in a particular light, and I wonder if/when a person is in deep pain/anger .... my natural cheerfulness might be more than annoying?

I think it was more a matter of you and I having differing opinions in the areas of politics and religion. Combine that with a bottomless pit of anger and depression, and BOOM.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 05:00 PM
I think it was more a matter of you and I having differing opinions in the areas of politics and religion. Combine that with a bottomless pit of anger and depression, and BOOM.

OK.
Guess what KZ?
I don't recall any political fights we had!
Plus, I don't give a damn.
I accept people who hold different opinions. Not just tolerate, accept.
Ain't life grand? rotflmao
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 05:05 PM
I could be getting you confused with another member...I do know I was debating/arguing with people when I was far too angry to be doing so in a civil manner.

Huh-huh...I said "member".
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 05:09 PM
Huh-huh...I said "member".

rotflmao
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 05:33 PM
[

It was me!!
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
It was me!!

You? Fighting?
shocked
Shocking !!!!!!
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 05:41 PM
[

It was me!!

I know you were one of them. [Deniro voice] You were good, you.[/Deniro voice].
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Ask the Angriest Member Ever - 01/11/12 11:25 PM
[

It was me!!

I know you were one of them. [Deniro voice] You were good, you.[/Deniro voice].

grin

shaddup, Pep!
© Marriage Builders® Forums