Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Marriage Builders 101 Jump to new posts
Re: Lack of sex - anyway to fix it? SugarCane 04/25/24 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Iceprincess
There may be psychological reasons behind his lack of interest. He may be dealing with insecurity in his body image. That can lead to avoidance behaviors, because he does not want to experience what he perceives as failure in form of ED.

Take the focus off of him and instead make your own satisfaction the goal. Suggest the toys, suggest that he uses them on you. Be brave. You have every right to have a sexually satifying, loving and intimate relationship.
I'll just say that I don't understand why you have replied to a thread where the original poster posted twice, nearly 5 years ago, and never came back.
9 1,156 Read More
Marriage Builders 101 Jump to new posts
Re: I feel like i'm losing my mind SugarCane 04/20/24 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Ian T
First marriage did not end from the affair. The “affair” lasted one month. It started with a female friend asking me if I was happy in my marriage to which I finally unloaded all my thoughts and feelings I had not told anybody about. This became tons of communication over the next few weeks. There was one kiss. There was talk of me leaving my wife for her. Then one day it was discovered with a simple check of my phone record. I was confronted by my wife. I confessed everything. I snapped out of it as if I was under a spell. Marriage continued until one day we were out on a date and I thought to myself I would rather be anywhere else in the world right now than with her. As Forrest Gump would say “that’s all I have to say about that”.

Well, that might be all you have to say about that, but the posters on this board might have more to say. From where I'm sitting, it looks as if that affair contributed to your abandoning your first marriage.

And now you are here:
Originally Posted by Ian T
As for current marriage, this situation is that last year my wife reached a point to where she assumed I was done so then she decided she was done and went on a dating site. Note that we had no talks about anyone being done. I was never done. I didn’t know anything was wrong. She tells me now that she met two guys and went on 3 dates total. But she said this wasn’t for dating she was just trying to make friends. She historically is a person who is friends with guys instead of girls. Girls are too much drama. So she claims nothing happened there.
No I have know way of knowing.

Also with the coworker I have no way of knowing.
What was going on to make her assume you were done? That's a very odd conclusion for one spouse to come to when the other spouse thinks there is nothing wrong. How can there be two such radically opposing views by the spouses in the same marriage? Has she ever expanded on what she meant - on what made her draw this conclusion?

And why, if she thought you were done, was she so ready to be "done" herself? Did she ever try to talk to you about what was making you unhappy (as she saw it)? Did she do anything, that you can now look back on and recognise, as trying to improve the marriage?

If she was only looking to make friends, why did she go on a dating site? Dating sites are for people looking for sex or looking for romantic relationships. If she arranged a date with a man that she met on such a site, what was her explanation to him when he tried to do what those sites are there for, and she wouldn't play? I can imagine that many men would be quite angry about being deceived. That would be like arranging a meet-up with someone from a games board to play a game together, and then on the date her admitting that she doesn't like gaming at all. That would not go down well if she wasted someone's time like that. But then again, if she had 3 dates with 2 different men, then one of the dates led to a further date. Why and how did that happen?

If, as she says, she was only looking to make friends, did she make friends with these men, and if not, why not?

As you can probably see from my questions, I think you've accepted what she said far too easily, and that her explanations would not stand up to proper scrutiny.

Finally for now: how could she have been on any dates, never mind 3, without your knowledge? Did she make up stories about where she was going? Were you living lives detached from each other?
4 147 Read More
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation