Originally Posted by ChrisInNOVA
With regard to DAS's H, I stand by my original opinion. believe that if he has a diagnosis of "Depression" and he is taking psychotropic medication, he should be under a physician's care.

I think you are misunderstanding MelodyLane's suggestion. She is not saying that he should not be under a physician's care. In fact, she specifically said "There is a huge difference between an evaluation for anti-d's from an MD and getting individual counseling for "childhood trauma," and THAT is what we are talking about here. [see title "childhood trauma, IC and MB"] People get anti-depressants every day after a simple evaluation. They don't go through months of counseling. " So her expectation is anti-depressants prescribed by a physician -- which would mean she completely expects him to be under a physician's care!

She is not saying to stop taking anti-depressants or to continue taking them without a physician's care. She is saying to stop spending money on individual counseling and suggesting that money be spent on Marriage Builders instead.

There is no suggestion here of a depressed person not being treated by a physician. I think what you are really reacting to is the difference of opinion over individual counseling. But don't allow that to get confused with the issue of treatment by a physician.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.