Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2815366 08/18/14 07:48 AM
K
OP Offline
K
Long story short: I had an affair. I confessed, exposed, AP moved away. Two years later I caught my husband in two affairs within 3 months. The second time I caught him on top of her in the park. This was 2.5 years ago.

Both OW still live/work here. I do not worry about him starting up with them. I DO worry about him not telling me if he sees them because I want honesty in our marriage. My BIG THING is that I trigger horribly, traumatically, when I see them - especially the one I caught him with, so I WANT TO MOVE!
But he doesn't want to. He has suffered enough with my affair and his career is important to him. It's one made of contacts and we've been here 21 years so he would lose a lot.
I feel unloved. He'll do almost anything for me but this.
I feel like I'm still being punished for what I did. He feels I want to punish him for wanting to move.

How do we get on the same team? I cannot accept this because it feels like I'm compromising myself to stay in the marriage. Am I wrong on this?

B
B
Originally Posted by kstockett
Long story short: I had an affair. I confessed, exposed, AP moved away. Two years later I caught my husband in two affairs within 3 months. The second time I caught him on top of her in the park. This was 2.5 years ago.

Both OW still live/work here. I do not worry about him starting up with them. I DO worry about him not telling me if he sees them because I want honesty in our marriage. My BIG THING is that I trigger horribly, traumatically, when I see them - especially the one I caught him with, so I WANT TO MOVE!
But he doesn't want to. He has suffered enough with my affair and his career is important to him. It's one made of contacts and we've been here 21 years so he would lose a lot.
I feel unloved. He'll do almost anything for me but this.
I feel like I'm still being punished for what I did. He feels I want to punish him for wanting to move.

How do we get on the same team? I cannot accept this because it feels like I'm compromising myself to stay in the marriage. Am I wrong on this?
Dr. Harley recommends moving after an affair alot. Especially in your situation where there have been 3 affairs between the 2 of you. I'm sure you'll remained triggered. Why wouldn't he want to protect you from this?

What about writing Dr. Harley and have him talk with your H?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
I can't remember which clip it is, but Dr. Harley recommends moving after an affair.
Dr. Harley on How to Deal with Triggers

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

K
OP Offline
K
my husband is currently reading Love Busters. He asked me to stop with the Angry Outbursts. I can't wait until he gets to the Just Compensation part and how often Harley suggests moving...

B
B
my husband is currently reading Love Busters. He asked me to stop with the Angry Outbursts. I can't wait until he gets to the Just Compensation part and how often Harley suggests moving...
Will he listen to radio clips?

There are some in here. What is Just Compensation

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
What are you doing about your AOs? Have you listened to these? Anger Management 101

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

K
OP Offline
K
just compensation is something that won't hurt you. A job loss would hurt him, in his opinion.

B
B
just compensation is something that won't hurt you. A job loss would hurt him, in his opinion.
But it hurts you, his wife, seeing his OW around and triggering all the time.

Has he even looked for another job?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

K
OP Offline
K
no.
his just compensation is he stayed after my affair. He's done compensating.

K
OP Offline
K
maybe I just need to heal, get over my insecurity, and think of my marriage as more important than these occasionall triggers though.

S
S
Does your H still work with one of the OW? I seem to recall something about that...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
K
OP Offline
K
He does not. He does work about 100 yards away. I'm really not feeling anything is going on and that he is in the marriage with two feet.

B
B
He does not. He does work about 100 yards away. I'm really not feeling anything is going on and that he is in the marriage with two feet.
100 yards away from the OW?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

K
OP Offline
K
yes.

B
B
yes.
Well no wonder your triggered. He still works with the OW and everyday he goes to work the affair is on. Was this exposed to their jobs?

He needs to not only quit that job. You need to move.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

K
OP Offline
K
he does NOT work with the OW. HE works near her office

U
U
Did you expose his A's?

What type of due diligence have you done or are you doing to know that these were the only 2 A's, or that these A's have not continued or there have been no further A's since? (ie. polygraph, transparency to all phone and internet use, spyware, etc)

What type of EP's did you put into place after both your affairs?

U
U
maybe I just need to heal, get over my insecurity, and think of my marriage as more important than these occasionall triggers though.

You do need to heal. You will NOT do this when you run into the OW's sporadically, or know that your H can run into them any day of the week.

It is not about insecurity, it is about you perceiving a threat to your marriage, because there is one.

You need to rephrase that question at the end, is your marriage more important than your H's job?

K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by unwritten
Did you expose his A's? YES, FAR AND WIDE

What type of due diligence have you done or are you doing to know that these were the only 2 A's, or that these A's have not continued or there have been no further A's since? (ie. polygraph, transparency to all phone and internet use, spyware, etc)
ALL OF THIS - AND I HIRED A PI.

What type of EP's did you put into place after both your affairs?

HE WILL NOT GO WHERE THEY ARE AT, STAY WHERE THEY ARE AT, IF AT A BUSINESS FUNCTION. NO BEING ALONE WITH OPPOSITE SEX, ETC.

B
B
Who all did you expose to?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation