Thank you Sugar Cane, I read this a lot over the weekend.

It all makes complete sense.

Dr Harley didn’t really clarify the realms of our relationship when he stops drinking just that I should offer to do it with him.

BF took the children out for the day as I hosted a baby shower at the house. He came to the house and mowed all the lawns for me and tidied up a bit outside.

I was at the house with girlfriends and I feel it’s difficult to know what to say about BF. Do I say we are currently separated? I am really embarrassed about it and feel so sad. I was not myself.

BF dropped the kids off and came in for half hour to chat. He was mainly telling me about what the children and him did during the day and asking about the baby shower. I asked him if he drank at the weekend and he said he had a few gins Friday and a couple Saturday but that was all. I was disappointed as I thought he may use this time to give up. He is acting all puffed up like a peacock and probably feels like he is in the drivers seat. He stroked and squeezed my shoulder and kissed me on the cheek and left. I put the kids to bed. He is putting on some big act like I am doing fine without you.

I asked BF if he would like to meet for lunch one day and he said yes that would be nice. So we are going to meet Wednesday. I can’t help feeling I am going to put my head in the lions mouth and I am going to be back in Plan B by the end of the week. I probably won’t even finish my first sentence without him cutting across me.

Maybe my negative thinking again but I can’t quite believe what Dr Harley said about BF wanting to be in your life for the rest of your life. It certainly doesn’t feel that way at the moment.

Last edited by Coolbeginnings; 07/05/20 02:36 PM.