Originally Posted by Coolbeginnings
A male neighbour popped round to the house on Saturday evening when I was on my own to borrow some gardening tools. I made him a cup of tea and we made polite chat for about 30 minutes.

When I told BF the next day he got really angry saying this is how women can get attacked and how he wouldn't let another woman into his house. Also said that it was bad of me to let another man in the house, in a house we are paying for. I felt like saying well you don't want to be here, but I didn't.
I have every sympathy with him here.

Why would you let a man into your home to chat for 30 minutes? Why make him tea? You could have been cheerful and helpful but guarded.

You might see BF as being a bit extreme when he talked about being attacked, but it's certainly possible that you were sending out "interested" signals during that chat. Of course, you're free to do that, but is that what you want to do?

Is this man married? I really hope you didn't upset a wife by doing that. I would be most discomforted if 1. a woman invited my husband in for tea and 2. he accepted and stayed for 30 minutes.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.