So here I am again, trying to stay calm and strong.

I probably didn't deal very well with things at the weekend. BF was not drinking and acted cold and indifferent to me all day sat and sun and then announcing mid afternoon on Sunday that he was going back to his house. I basically told him that quietly and not angrily that I just can't do this anymore.

Anyway, I am trying to stay calm and not let my emotions get the better of me and need a few days to get my handle on things again. He has text me multiple times about the children to which I have responded. Now I need to find a time to have this conversation with him, from a loving caring manner. Which is tricky I can tell you, sometimes I just want to let him have it.

So far he has his anger under control and now is to deal with the addiction.

Problem with the addiction is I have been in denial about his drinking for 3 reasons.

1. He is never a nasty drunk, his caring loving side comes out when he is drinking. He is so affectionate and loving. For him to give up drinking makes me wonder if I will never see this side again? I can't cope with all the other side.
2. I enjoy drinking too, not a lot but now and again a few glasses, and I know that if he stops i must do aswell.
3. That if I ask him to stop and he wont that it will be the end of us.

On top of this, it also looks like I am entering the peri menopause. It all feels such a lot to deal with, and I am really doing it on my own. Big Pants Time.

However, I am feeling strong and ready to face this. I have a watched a few videos ect on how to deal with it, I am going to ask him if he thinks he has a problem drinking first, if he agrees then I will ask him to do the AA (he never went before) or go into a 28 day rehab program? Offer him my love and support to do this with him. If he doesn't agree then go to Plan B frown

Now I just need to talk to him face to face.

Last edited by Coolbeginnings; 11/17/20 04:24 AM.