Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1009592 06/17/02 08:46 AM
D
OP Offline
D
I posted last Thurs. that H was going to see OW, which he did. The excuse he gave for going to her town (4 hrs. away) to visit other family was either a total lie or it didn't work out. He took our D, ended up at OW's parents (who don't know about A), she came over to visit (with her boyfriend and his kids...hehehe). Her boyfriend did leave later and she stayed the nite, but apparently my D was missing me and H ended up having to stay with her the whole time and didn't get any alone time with OW (what a pity). He didn't tell me this stuff, I just pieced it together from what little he told me plus tidbits from my D, who thinks she's just telling me about a fun trip she had (BTW, I would never dig for info from her, but she's 5, so she blabs everything she does).<p>Anyway, he came home Fri. nite and has been all lovey-dovey toward me ever since. Has been making comments that he has realized more and more lately how much he loves me, etc., etc. Has come home immediately after work every day and just been WAY nice and loving. <p>On the other hand, there's this concert we're planning on going to next year, and when we bought tickets, OW's dad wanted to go with us (which is not unusual, we've done stuff together before). When H ordered tickets, he ordered 4 instead of three and when I asked who else was coming, he said OW's name. AS IF! I didn't say a word after he answered; how stupid does he think I am that I would do fun stuff with her like I used to even though I know about A? What's he thinkin'?

#1009593 06/17/02 09:43 AM
D
OP Offline
D
bump

#1009594 06/17/02 09:48 AM
M
M
I dont know what to say... except.. I cant believe you didnt go find a frying pan. lol You should be commended for handling that so well.
I dont know what else to say I am in shock... But you are right to expect him to NOT say something so ridiculous. UNBELIEVABLE. <p>He was not thinking.

#1009595 06/17/02 09:53 AM
S
S
You know, this reminds me SO much of my WW. For some unexplained reason they feel it is OK to offend thier spouse, but NOT OK to offend someone else.<p>Just that foggy sense of priorities that WSs tend to have. Incredible that they can feel like NOT putting their spouse and R first is somehow OK!

#1009596 06/17/02 09:54 AM
D
OP Offline
D
mom of five,<p>Thanks...I just wonder what I'm supposed to do here. It feels so good to soak up the nice comments he's been giving me and to let him hug me and to feel loved. I really think he means all that he's saying (at least at the moment that he says it), because he's not one to "communicate" unless he really means something (in other words, he's not a "mushy" kinda guy). It makes me just want to forget all the bad. Then again, am I just being stupid and prolonging the inevitable?

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (still seeking), 101 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation