Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 65 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 64 65
M
M
Yes..BE STILL..don't do anything....don't send the letter...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
H
OP Offline
H
Ok I won't send the letter......

I read the post and I printed it out ... I will be still...

After reading that I realized that any response I give WH will just give him the upper hand again and allow him to justify and continue to try and get to me. I guess no response is the best response...

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
D-Day- June17, 2005 while I was 1400 miles away
WH living with OW since July 05
WH filed divorce papers Dec. 22, 05
Divorced granted June 28, 06
H
OP Offline
H
this is stange.....

WH called DD nd left a message on her phone that this will be the last weekend he is living with OW. After that he will be living in his truck ....

She said for some reason he has been blowing her phone up the last 2 days and she didn't answer it.

The only thing I asked her was did he sound ok? She said he sounded fine, I said thats good because I just want to make sure he is ok because I love and care about him...

Now I sure don't want to get my hopes up but maybe this is a good sign.... So now all I can do is sit back and watch what happens next..... I pray he is really moving out.....

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
M
M
WH called DD nd left a message on her phone that this will be the last weekend he is living with OW. After that he will be living in his truck ....

I LOL when I read this.....

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
The OW is probably mad about court BUT really WHO CARES?

H
OP Offline
H
So then Mimi do you think this is a good sign???

I know they could break up and make up but maybe some reality is getting through....

I don't want to set myself up here but I can't help but feel this is good on the grand scheme of things....

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
J
J
you see...the strange thing is this...he is feeling heat from ow...and it is????

so strange b/c the ws believes it is ALL ABOUT THEM...so they find it ALIEN that the OP believes otherwise.

oh how sad....he is living in his truck?

Amd how this has become a "throwaway society" has happened? easy.

his ow did NOT GET HER DIVORCE NEEDS MET...SO SHE IS ANGRY..

and it is the END OF THEIR AFFAIR.

MAYBE FAST...MAYBE SLOW...

BUT ...the END IS NIGH!

I know this b/c my xh's ow/w/baggage is ending slowly too! amd there is nothing I could do to help the man as I am out.

me:37 BS; s:7; xh:38; OW:26;eloped w/OW 1 wk after D: 12/29/03. OC born 3/17/04. Happy! Blessed to be the mother of a wonderful son..great profession..Life's good!
M
M
Probably is good.

But I remain concerned that you know too much about what is happening with him..

Hurting:

TRUST STEVE HARLEY'S JUDGMENT..

THEY WILL BREAK UP..IN THEIR OWN TIME...

Meanwhile, you've got to focus on yourself....

RECOVERY IS NOT FOR SISSIES!!!!

E
E
Didn't you report him for living in subsidized housing with her, or her for having him there? If so, and if your report is being followed up on, he may be moving out while the matter is investigated. I don't suppose you can tape the message and send it to the relevant authorities, just in case? I know you want to see this as a hopeful sign, and maybe it is, but maybe it's more related to the complaint you made than anything else.

M
M
Even if it's due to the complaint, it's still a good sign. They are in a happy, little "LOVE NEST"...

H
OP Offline
H
Mimi and Peach,

I know this is not over yet, not by a long shot.

I know they may still try and make this work. I also know that even if they break it off he may still not come back...

For now just to have her out of his life would do wonders for me....

I didn't ask a bunch of questions from DD. I did not ask her anything about his phone calls from the last 2 days and she din't offer anything....

I just wanted her to know I w as concerned about him because I do still care and love him.

I am doing nothing I am just going to wait and see what happens. And of course just because he says it does not mean it will happen. Actions is all that counts for now...

I am asking no questions to anyone ..... Time will tell the truth

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
A
A
Oh, wise hurting! Don't say or do anything. No letters, no emails, no nothing. The ball is in his court. As Ark says, be still.

And I think the "boyfriend" comment was fishing. But fishing, testing the waters, having regrets, etc., mean nothing. Will he pay the piper? Will he have the guts to go for recovery?

Keep busy. The dice are rolling.

"Virtue -- even attempted virtue -- brings light; indulgence brings fog." -- C.S. Lewis
L
L
OKIE:

Not much else to say.

He'll be back.

No doubt about it.

None whatsoever.

Just some more time...maybe not tomorrow or the next day...but he will be back. For better or worse, your WH is just the 'type' to come back.

It is all about the balance of comfort/discomfort with him.

Just a matter of time now.

Goodluck.

Lem

Some people just don't get it, they don't get it that they don't get it.

I had the right to remain silent.......but I didn't have the ability.
E
E
Even if it's due to the complaint, it's still a good sign. They are in a happy, little "LOVE NEST"...

Well, true, it can't be making things more fun for them. Running from the law-what's next?

H
OP Offline
H
All I can say now is time will answer all....

as Ark says .. Be Still..... Thats all I can do for now...

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
K
K
Hurting - Just checking up on you - I'm keeping my finger crossed.

Kim

D-Day May 14th, 2005
Married 16 Years
DS age 8
6 months Plan A
Plan B 10-11-05, H moved back in June 2007, Very False Recovery.
2nd Day-Day 7/7/08 Kicked WH Out.
Plan B for my sanity
"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." Robert Brault
H
OP Offline
H
Me to Kim..... me to .........

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
E
E
oklahoma

this all sounds hopeful to me!

if you get in a jam again about something like the note you wanted to give your H....try sending an e-mail to steve. Jennifer has been great about answering mine.

and i read the post "be still" also...it was wonderful

darn it though...it sure is hard for me because of my ADHD!

O
O
Hurting,

1st of all, you saw your H but the one in court was the WS. You keep wanting to write to the H but all that's out there is the WS. You are refusing to listen to the info from your D and SIL..... why?!??! U s/b strong enough by now to handle that kind of info and digest it. You can't reverse babble or get stronger if you keep hiding.

Granted, plan B is good but even plan B has it's limits. After a while like plan A, plan B loses it's strength and turns into mush.

IMHO you are turning your plan B efforts into excuses to keep from moving forward. That gives strength to the WS and the A because you c/b pushing plan B past it's effective limits.

What t/d? Hm..... take it to the next level. Why? Because your H is still out there being held captive and lost. He is trying to get info to you but you hear then want to see quicker results.....it ain't gonna come that quick. Stop getting your hopes up when the WS is still in the pix.

NOTE: If the WS wants to live in his truck....let him. He won't the be 1st or the last, just one among many stupid WS who think that will make the BS feel guilty.

Keep up your resolve to be strong but learn to handle the info and use the info to your advantage.

L.

H
OP Offline
H
orchid,

Ok I see what your saying. How do I use this info to my advantage?

the info DD gave me today made me happy but I am also smart enough to know that anything could happen. He may stay or he may go back at a later date. Could be they are just mad and once the anger blows they try and make this still work.
Could be he just moves out and they still see each other, I have no idea.

So the question is how do I use this to help me? I think I am strong enough to handle this, it hurts to hear him say negative things but I handle them ok and come here to vent about it and get advice. The last conversation I had with him in Dec. I did real well. I handled myself and never broke down or shed a tear. I told him how I felt and et him know how he hurt me. I did some reverse babble , not as well as you but some were good. I showed him strength again this past week by holding my ground and not backing down.

So I think , no I am sure I can handle this now. And if he is staying in his truck to make me feel guilty it won't work. I know what its like to live out of the truck , I used to do it with him when we OTR together. He will be fine that I know. Plus its not like he hs nowhere to go, his sister would let him stay there. itds not like he will be living in a pickup or something its a nice truck with a bed and all....

But the thing is he has done nothing yet, its all talk so far. So until he makes a move nothing has changed. We can only wait and see.

Is the fog lifting ??? Who knows... Or maybe its just a peek from the fog only time will tell......

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
Page 28 of 65 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 64 65

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 371 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation