Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
<BR>I cannot get a break!!!! No matter what I do in life it can never just go smoothly!!!!<P>Went to court and sat around with H while the lawyers did their thing. H is sick with the flu - so I'll probably catch that, too!!<P>Lawyers did not agree on monthly money so we had to have a hearing. I had to take the stand and go through more hell.!!!! Did you all know that hell can get worse? Well, believe me it can!!!!! His lawyer treated me like sh*t!! I couldn't believe that the man I married let this guy talk to me so horribly and make me look so bad!!!! The judge, himself, told H's lawyer to cool it!!!<P>My lawyer wasn't good at all!!! Figures!!!! Granted, he didn't know that alot of what came up would be used but he should have done something!! Don't know what I'm going to do!! The SOB only wants to pay $200. week.<P>Problem I have with my medical stuff is that it's till '96. Stopped going to Drs. cuz they couldn't do anything more. Now my lawyers's talking about getting rediagnosed and that's gonna cost thousands of $$'s. <P>I've got $142.36 to my name!!!! What the hell am I going to do! They probably took this route because they know I can't afford to do that and by the time I can I'll owe all the month's of bills and will be losing the house and credit will be shot.<P>God - just take me now, PLEASE!!!<P>**At least I looked good for all this!!!<P>PS - Not one freakin word could be said about all he's done for the last 3 years.......NICE, HUH!!!!!!!!<BR>------------------<P>Thanks for being there! Good Healing - Sheba<P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by Sheba (edited August 16, 1999).]

B
B
Oh Sheba<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] <P>------------------<BR>Just call me - Deb<BR>------------------------<BR>The only day I can do anything about is today, yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not yet mine.<P>

C
C
Sheba,<P>So sorry to hear the news. Don't know what to tell you but hang on and do the best you can. It hurts & it really, really sucks, but letting it get you down will only add to the pressure you're feeling.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html</A>

W
W
Sheba<BR>This really sucks!!!<BR>Yes I knew that hell can get worse!!!<BR>I found that out when I got pregnant on the pill then miscarried....<BR>I wish I could do something about that cash thing. The only thing I can do is pray and you can count on that!!!!<BR>One step at a time. Eventually something has to go right for you.<BR>Sorry no words of wisdom from me. Just know we're there.<BR>

C
C
Sheba,<BR> I feel so bad for you. I thought about you this morning. I just don't know how somebody can just walk away from all of his responsibilities and think it's ok. Just where are these mens heads anyway! I'm just so mad that you got treated like that! <P>Maybe you need to look for another attorney. I myself have chosen a woman attorney if it goes that far. I think maybe a woman attorney will understand more the hell that we are put through.<P>Just know that I'm here if you need to talk.<P><BR>Jill<P>{What wicked webs infidlety weaves}

F
F
This court thing is nothing I know. All I can give you is a shoulder.<P>Your H's lawyer is just doing what he is hired to do. Your H may not have known he would treat you so badly. Of course he had to have supplied info, right?<P>Your lawyer sounds ho hum. He sounds like he is doing only the minimum.<P>Geez Sheba, if there is a bright side it may be you are on the "Getting Over Husband Express"...and who knows how much that is worth.<P>Best of luck. We are here.<P><P>------------------<BR>Faith, Hope, Love Remain,<BR>but the greatest of these is Love.<BR>1 Corinthians 13:13

C
C
Sheba, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I am crying with you. Try to remember at God DOES have a great plan for you. He will provide for you and your children. He will take the suffering away as soon as He can. Lean on Him as hard as you can right now, and us too. He knows you are doing the right thing.<P>"I cry these tears, not for sadness nor for sorrow,<BR>But to empty the darkness in my soul, <BR>So I may fill back up with with all the love there is."<P>God Bless You. You are an inspiration.<BR>Ceecee<BR>

T
T
Sheba,<P>Yuck. This sounds Ishy. Ick. <P>We all have bad days, and today seems to be yours. Hope tomorrow is better. <P>Nothing is permanent, you know. Nothing. <P>Never say Never.

E
E
Sheba -- [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I don't know what else I can say that the others haven't. I understand what it is like to get reamed in court.<P>I will be praying for you.<P>God Bless

E
E
Sheba-<BR>So sorry today was so awful for you. I guess the lawyers are just doing their job...but sometimes they make an already emotional situation worse.<P>Look to God for your financial provision. He will give you what you need...remember, it may not come in the form you want. Have faith!<P>I'm praying for you.

Y
Y
Sooo sorry Sheba. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I will keep praying for you and for your H. It's awful what he is doing to you. I can't believe he doesn't see that. You are a good person and remember there is a plan for you.<P>I don't know if you listen to country music, but have you ever heard the song by Garth Brooks "Unanswered Prayers"? Now, I'm not saying your prayers won't be answered, but the song reminds me that we do not know what's best for us, God does, and if we stay faithful, He will fulfill our lives.<P>I will try to check in tonight. We never are here at the same time, but I am really concerned about you.<P>ps. How do you like your hair? <P>------------------<BR>Shoni<P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by Shoni (edited August 16, 1999).]

L
L
Oh, Sheba, I'm so sorry for you. I don't know what else to say, and there's no advice to give you, but I will be thinking about you and praying for you.<P>Hang in there. It can only get better.<P>Lori

L
L
"Let us not get tired of doing right for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up." (Gal 6:9)<P>You did the hard work trying to save your marriage. Your husband may have fleeting enjoyments, but his life isn't worth anything. You on the other hand have nothing but God's blessings ahead.<P>I know, that whole "ahead" business can make you crazy, but truly, God has a plan. And go ahead and yell your problems to God using whatever language you want, he knows what you're thinking anyway (this is what my Christian counselor advises me). End with "Now it's Your problem God, you deal with it." Not as nice sounding as "cast your burdens upon the Lord", but...

Y
Y
Hi Sheba,<BR>You were on my mind all day. I don't think I have any great advice but you know that HE has a plan. I never can see what it is as I crash, but in retrospect I always see where HIS plan was so much better than mine. I can only see in the moment......HE sees the entire picture. I am the farthest person from religious that I know, however I know that whether you call him God, Jehovah, or The Big Head, He has the Right answers. Not necessarily the ones I think I want at the time, but in retrospect....He always knows whats best for me. I envision Him as a central computer that is on-line with all. He knows and has already put the plan in motion. I love you Sheba, you have kept me sane when I just wanted to crawl away and die. He sent you to me. You will be fine because He is looking out for you also. <BR>Hugs...<BR>Love, Karen<P>------------------<BR>alleyoop<BR>

Y
Y
Sheba,<P>I am so sorry to hear about your day in court. It seems as though quite a few people around here are having rough days. You tried your best to make it through and for that you can hold your head high and be proud of yourself. <P>I will be praying for you and hoping things will improve for you. Money is such a terrible thing to be an issue and it seems as though it is for all of us. It will come to you in your time of need, I believe that and will wish it upon you.<P>Hang tough, we're thinking of you.<P>T2W

C
cl Offline
C
hugs and prayers for you sheba.<BR>Take your undies off. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <BR>I am so sorry. Wonder what the money thing is with some people? They get so caught up in it. Sometimes I think it is to escape from the real pain?

H
H
I just wish things would get better for you. I just hope the future holds better things for you than life is treating you right now. Keep your chin and remember you have lots of shoulders here if you need them to cry on. You are someone I know I can count on if I need to talk so email me if you need someone to talk to. Hope things get better soon<P>God Bless

L
L
I'm gonna latch on to the postive, here...YOU LOOKED GOOD. Good for you! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>I'm sending some spiritually loaded "white light" your way. <BR>have some wine and get a good night's sleep.<BR>julie<P>------------------<BR>for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, till death do us part.<P><BR>

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Everyone -<P>Eyes are puffy so can't write much now but I wanted to let you all know what's going on....<P>Had to work after stopping in here and then came home to find my Mom waiting for me. God love her but she's making me nuts!! Didn't tell her much cause she'd worry herself into the hospital!!<P>She came in with me and I checked the answering machine - hangup - knew it was H!!!! We had his brother's twin D's Birthday Party to go to tonight but I had called and cancelled. They knew about court date and without going into detail I said I was just emotionally exhausted - No problem.<P>H as I mentioned was sick, so I figured he wouldn't be going. Paged him and he called right back. Asked if he went to walk-in cuz he's been running fever for 4 days - he didn't go cuz he got called in for overtime and was working but said he felt like he was going to pass out - when I saw him at court, I did the old "feel how hot he is" and he was burning up!!! (yeah, I know not my problem!! - Don't yell at me - old habits die hard!)<P>Anyway I spoke with him awhile and he promised to go to DR soon and I told him I would check by calling him tomorrow. When we were hanging up he says "OK, Thanks Hon - and I'm Sorry!!!!!<P>What the heck did that mean? <P>Sorry for court, sorry for cheating, sorry for lying, sorry for disrespecting, Sorry for throwing me away like garbage!!!!!! GRRRRRRR!!!<P>Then I get off the phone and get yelled at by Mom for even talking to him, let alone paging him. I told her he was on the machine (it was him - wanted to tell me he wasn't going to B-Party.) She doesn't understand that this is not new revalations to me - I've been living with his actions and attitude for a long time. It's new to her!!!<P>When she left I called my eldest brother (he's my practical brain and money manager - other Bro is my humor pick me up) and told him the story. Even cried to him - which is something I never do!!<BR>He's putting bill money in my account tomorrow for this month's bills and is backing me with hiring the shark lady attorney I had talked to last year but didn't like and couldn't afford. (Chris - you might remember cuz you helped me that night: I picked the wrong one of course!!!!)<P>Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I talked with my "real" family all evening and just couldn't go to bed without letting my "Heal" family know that I am working on a strategy and am Ok!!!<P>Geez, a few weeks ago it was my emotions that were up and down - now it's my life events!!!! <P>Do you all think Convents take divorced women????? LOL!!!<P>Hugs and THANK YOU'S to all and I will get back tomorrow with individual acknowledgements and Episode #?????<P>Love,<P>Sheba<BR> <BR>

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Again -<P>I forgot two things that I have to say now!!!!<P>Chris - Welcome Back!!!<P>CL - Didn't have 'em on - maybe luck takes awhile!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 518 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation