Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
AmIok Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you all for your responses.

I've had a heck of a day today, and been super-emotional. But I did go get my wedding rings and put them back on, and that was the one thing all day that felt at all right and good. I'm still married and committed to my vows.

WH can do what he wants with his.

R
R
MT and I hadn't worn ours for years prior to D-Day. No real reason as to why we quit wearing them. After D-Day, I put mine back on. To me it was a reminder to keep working on myself. MT is wearing hers again as well.

Me 43 BH
MT 43 WW
Married 20 years, No Kids, 2 Difficult Cats
D-day July, 2005
4.5 False Recoveries
Me - recovered
The M - recovered
A
apl Offline
A
I took my rings off after he moved out,the first time. I think I was just so discusted with him and his treatment of me, I wanted no part of it. The A hadn't even happened at that point but I knew I was not a priority in his life.

I told him even now, I will not put them back on because I will not go back to that marriage again-our "new marriage"(if we get through this) will be represented by new rings that won't have such negative memories attached to them.

apl BS-42 FWH-42 M-14yrs 3kids-S12,S9,D6
C
C
Mine has been off and on for the past few weeks. Hers is off. We are at the point of seperation and everything is very painfull

26 year marriage is about to go down the tube and I could cry.

CeeK

S
S
My husband is in the military and he never used to take his ring off but the day he started messing around with the other woman he took them off. I didn't know he was cheating on me or anything at the time but I did ask him about the ring, he told me he lost it. I went to get anothr band for him and tht one got lost to. in a matter of a month two rings had gotten lost.

The situation between us got mended and the affair did not lost for more than a litle over a month because I exposed everything and he put an end to what ever was going on with that woman. All of a sudden no he calls to tell me that he found the Jacke where he had left the ring in and now he is wearing the wedding band again.

I dont believe he lost the ring, I think that he took it off when he met the woman and she didnt want to see him with it but now that is over and is back in the marriage he is wearing it. when he told me that he found the ring, I made it very clear that he needed to keep that ring in his finger until he dies or I cut it off. I think that did the rrick because he is very serious about our rings and the significance behind them.

We are renewing our vows and I suggested to get new wedding bands to indicate a stronger continuation of our marriage.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 579 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation