Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
OP Offline
M
Update:

Spent weekend with the kids. They are back at wife's new house for a couple of days. Been waiting on my wife and attorney's first move legally...see which way they go first before we counter-attack.

My attorney emailed me a little while ago, said he saw my wife at the courthouse today...filing. Said he would get back to me tomorrow on what he finds out.

The feelings inside me remind me of what I used to feel inside right before a big engagement with the enemy when I was in the Army. It is that quiet right before all He!! breaks loose. Not knowing which way the attack will come from, or if you are ready. Not knowing how it will all end. Senses heightened to the max.

Folks, in some way, I miss that feeling (since I retired). On the edge. At the point of the spear. Laying it all out there, not knowing if you will see tomorrow.

But while these are similar feelings, they are different also. This "enemy" is in my own household. She is family. While I can destroy an enemy of my family, state and country without blinking...how do you attack one of your own? How do you go in trying to "destroy" your own blood? I have just a little taste of what those soldiers felt like in the Civil War.

Tonight...in Army parlance...I prep for combat. For those that have served, you understand those hours before the battle...where you eat little...maybe take a small nap. Where you check, and recheck...and recheck your weapons, your supplies. You go over and over in your head all of the possibilities...at least the ones that you can think of.

And then...minutes before you move out to engage the enemy...you take one last silent minute with the Lord. Praying that you will be all that He called you to be.

I pray tonight that I do not fail my Lord...that I do not fail my kids. I pray tonight that Jesus will forgive my failures...forgive my unbelief. I pray that my lack of mercy that I will show my wife now will not cause my children undue harm, as it is their mother that I fight now.

And I pray that the woman I used to know...that she understand what I must do now.

I know, with the lawyer she has, that this first hit by her will be a hard one. Her lawyer is an expert, one of the best. He will try to hit hard, where he can...knowing that his client is in the hole. But my mind darts from one thing to another...trying to think of where he might attack me...where he will try to leverage my children from me...and into the life of the Troll.

It is so quiet right now. I am almost thankful that just for tonight, my kids are not here. I need to think. I need to prepare. I need to pray.

Folks, tomorrow...I will be hit just like America was hit on 9/11. I know I will be hurt, damaged. But I also know that they had best take their best shot right now. Because once they do, the rest of this "war" belongs to Jesus and Mortarman.

Waiting for the word...

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...
4 kids (19(B), 17(G), 14(B), 4(B))
Blessed by God more than I deserve
"If Jesus is your co-pilot...you need to change seats!"

Link: The Roles of Husbands and Wives
MM:

Can she seriously expect the courts 2 let her take the kids with her 2 live with the Troll? Is that what she's planning?

I'm sure you're weaponry includes a countersuit for DV due 2 her infidelity...

hang in there. Be kind, but firmly adhere 2 your beliefs. She'll thank you someday...

-ol' 2long

H
H
MM -

For those that have served, you understand those hours before the battle...where you eat little...maybe take a small nap. Where you check, and recheck...and recheck your weapons, your supplies. You go over and over in your head all of the possibilities...at least the ones that you can think of.

While I never served in combat, I know from hours and hours of countless drills jus how much time goes into prepping, and how aware you are of what is to come, and how worried you are whether your preparations are sufficient, if you've covered all the bases or not. Remember, God is with you, and what you may have overlooked, He has not and will not.

I pray tonight that I do not fail my Lord...that I do not fail my kids. I pray tonight that Jesus will forgive my failures...forgive my unbelief. I pray that my lack of mercy that I will show my wife now will not cause my children undue harm, as it is their mother that I fight now.

I believe that the last 4 years has prepared you for this, as much as anyone can be prepared for something like this. You will not fail your kids, and God will see them through this, at your side.

There is a song that's been going through my head lately, and when I hear it I often think of you. It's by Acapella, called "All Men Will Know", based on Jesus' telling the disciples what to expect after He has returned to God. The refrain goes like this:

"All men will know,
All men will find,
All men will see,
That you are Mine."

You are showing your kids, your family, your friends - everyone who knows what's going on, that you are indeed His, and you are in His arms.

You know the hit is coming, though not necessarily what it will be. Roll with it, let God shield you and your innocents, and when it passes, come back out fighting.

Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

Formerly known as brokenbird

BH (Me) - 38
WW (Magpie) - 31
Married 2001 (Together 8 years)
DS - 13
DD - 5
EA/PA - 9/05-12/05
D-Day - 11/05

Second separation. Working on me.

If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you.
John 15:7 (NIV)
B
B
Mortarman -

No matter what happens, you have already won. You are a wonderful example of a good man, to your children and to us reading here.

I sincerely hope that you keep custody of your children. But I think you know that their character has already been formed. They will be just fine.

C
C
Mortarman,

My prayers will be with you and your children...

cc

"Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
M
OP Offline
M
MM:

Can she seriously expect the courts 2 let her take the kids with her 2 live with the Troll? Is that what she's planning?

Yes. Keep going to court until she wins.

I'm sure you're weaponry includes a countersuit for DV due 2 her infidelity...

Yes...and this time, we aint going for joint custody!

hang in there. Be kind, but firmly adhere 2 your beliefs. She'll thank you someday...

-ol' 2long

Thanks. I dont know about being kind right now. Once I see what she has done tomorrow, I kinda think I will be extremely POed.

Thanks 2Long.

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

M
OP Offline
M
MM -

For those that have served, you understand those hours before the battle...where you eat little...maybe take a small nap. Where you check, and recheck...and recheck your weapons, your supplies. You go over and over in your head all of the possibilities...at least the ones that you can think of.

While I never served in combat, I know from hours and hours of countless drills jus how much time goes into prepping, and how aware you are of what is to come, and how worried you are whether your preparations are sufficient, if you've covered all the bases or not. Remember, God is with you, and what you may have overlooked, He has not and will not.

I know this. But, as all soldiers will admit later on...they were scared right before the fight. And I admit right now that this supposed tough infantry soldier is scared right now. That's why I said I pray that the Lord forgives my unbelief.

I believe that the last 4 years has prepared you for this, as much as anyone can be prepared for something like this. You will not fail your kids, and God will see them through this, at your side.

There is a song that's been going through my head lately, and when I hear it I often think of you. It's by Acapella, called "All Men Will Know", based on Jesus' telling the disciples what to expect after He has returned to God. The refrain goes like this:

"All men will know,
All men will find,
All men will see,
That you are Mine."

You are showing your kids, your family, your friends - everyone who knows what's going on, that you are indeed His, and you are in His arms.

You know the hit is coming, though not necessarily what it will be. Roll with it, let God shield you and your innocents, and when it passes, come back out fighting.

Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks!

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

M
OP Offline
M
Believer and cc46,

Thank you! And jsut like us grunts, whe we prep for combat, we know there are others (pilots, artillery, etc) prepping to support us. To even support just one man in the field.

The prayers are not just wanted...they are needed. I know all of you have my back.

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

B
bjs Offline
B
Prayers for you and your kids. You are a man of integrity, God will see you and your kids through this. And HE will be right beside you during all of this, even in moments when you feel like you might be losing God will have control. Keep believing no matter what keep your focus on your Lord and HE will guide you.

J
J
I know that you're a soldier at heart, MM, and that this is how you have been trained your whole life.

And I am so glad that you're not able to view your wife as just "the enemy." The Civil War broke this country in a way that it has never entirely recovered from, something we don't realize until we study the history of that horrible and bloody time.

So I hope you will understand when I say that entering the battle is, in itself, a terrible loss, and I grieve for you even as you are unable to grieve for yourself.

I hope you'll remember what we talked about -- about compassion and its strength and its gentleness. It's really hard to do that. And yet to the extent that you are able to be compassionate in your clear actions to protect yourself and your children (and what could be more compassionate than that?), you will have less pain to bear afterwards.

Sunny Day, Sweeping The Clouds Away...

Just J --
M
M
I'm in tears from reading this MM...Sending "knee mail" in your honor...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

F
F
Semper Fidelis

He is, and so are you.

(((((MM)))))

zero hour is when?

M
OP Offline
M
Semper Fidelis

He is, and so are you.

(((((MM)))))

zero hour is when?

Probably 0900

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

M
OP Offline
M
I'm in tears from reading this MM...Sending "knee mail" in your honor...

Mrs. W

I am in tears also. I do NOT want to do this. Now I know what Jesus felt when He asked the cup to be passed.

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

M
OP Offline
M
I know that you're a soldier at heart, MM, and that this is how you have been trained your whole life.

And I am so glad that you're not able to view your wife as just "the enemy." The Civil War broke this country in a way that it has never entirely recovered from, something we don't realize until we study the history of that horrible and bloody time.

So I hope you will understand when I say that entering the battle is, in itself, a terrible loss, and I grieve for you even as you are unable to grieve for yourself.

I hope you'll remember what we talked about -- about compassion and its strength and its gentleness. It's really hard to do that. And yet to the extent that you are able to be compassionate in your clear actions to protect yourself and your children (and what could be more compassionate than that?), you will have less pain to bear afterwards.

I remember. Thanks.

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

M
OP Offline
M
Prayers for you and your kids. You are a man of integrity, God will see you and your kids through this. And HE will be right beside you during all of this, even in moments when you feel like you might be losing God will have control. Keep believing no matter what keep your focus on your Lord and HE will guide you.

Thanks BJS!I know you are right.

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

N
N
I have SO MUCH respect for you, MM.

This thread is heartbreaking... yet... is... uplifting, too. (Edited to add: Heartbreaking because of her actions, uplifting because what you are doing is the moral, ethical and right thing. I know it doesn't feel good... and I'm sorry it's come to this. But it feels right.)

It is time.

Praying for you...

Last edited by new_beginningII; 06/05/06 08:04 PM.

M
OP Offline
M
I have SO MUCH respect for you, MM.

This thread is heartbreaking... yet... is... uplifting, too. (Edited to add: Heartbreaking because of her actions, uplifting because what you are doing is the moral, ethical and right thing. I know it doesn't feel good... and I'm sorry it's come to this. But it feels right.)

It is time.

Praying for you...

You know...I know what you mean. This is breaking my heart. But at the saame time, I feel like I am a part of something bigger. Like the whole world is about to break open and an incredible thing will happen soon. And I get to be a part of it.

Strange.

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

J
J
I remember crying my eyes out at attorney's office when I actually did the filing.

It was not what I wanted to do...but wht I had to do after my xh had become the wS...the "thing" he is now. Please rest. Know others are praying for you...know that we are asking HIM on your behalf for more tools to use. And you just breathe and know that even if she takes the first shot, there is you and your attorney's return fire and first wave which will come down after that first fire from the WS/OP enemy that will bring them down.

Am so terribly sorry it has come to this point. I truly am. But the end point and objective of your battle is clear...the children. Raising the children in a WS free home. You have the tools and you have the legal history you can show. You prevailed last time, and you will again. You are not doing this b/c you want to...but b/c it is the RIGHT thing to do.

I remember going to church right immediately after the attacks on our soil during 9/11. I remember weeping openly during that service. It was also during that time my xh, then H was deeply entrenched into affair with OW. I had also filed for first time. The entire congregation was also incidentally in tears.

Our minister said, "we should NEVER WANT to go to war, but we should only go to war with regret in our hearts knowing that this is the only way we can secure safety and peace. There is no other alternative in this case." As he spoke those similar words about NEVER WANTING TO GO TO WAR but only doing so with regret in our hearts as it's the only alternative hit so home to me.

I remember the tears couldn't stop spilling down my cheeks. My neighbor and her H were sitting by me, incidentally they also filled out an affidavit saying I was a great mom for attorney. They held my hand as the tears just poured and poured. They cried too.

It is a shame a person ever makes the "switch" into a WS. the destruction is horrific and unthinkable.

But through the love and kindness of friends and family that week, God held me in his arms and HE held my child in his arms too. I survived that and you will too.

My prayers for you and know that at 900 you are lifted up. Do not fear what the WS enemy has in store. Truth will always prevail. Documented truths always win.

me:37 BS; s:7; xh:38; OW:26;eloped w/OW 1 wk after D: 12/29/03. OC born 3/17/04. Happy! Blessed to be the mother of a wonderful son..great profession..Life's good!
R
R
I'm sorry for your hurt, Mortarman. I am in tears too.

God Bless and keep you.
Jo

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (whwh747474), 473 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation