Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
hoppels Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I've been married nearly 22 years to the same woman. And I have totally messed up our marriage. I can't point to any one thing, but a number of things that I've done that have been huge disappointments to my wife. We have one son (18 in college) and a daughter 15 (high school). Bottom line is the fact that I truly and honestly don't have any feelings for my wife. I understand that "it's not about me" and I understand my responsibilities in a marriage. But....do I just run around and fake my feelings, tell her that I love her when I really don't??? Help me out here.

H
H
Welcome to MBs!

Any idea how your W. feels about the marriage? You mention being a "huge disappointment" to your wife. Has she said this to you? What types of things has she found disappointing?

Maybe take a look at the ENs questionaire and see if it helps clarify at least what your top needs are.

You know that running around faking feelings of love will do nothing to restore true feelings for your wife. Otherwise, you wouldn't be on this site. Take a look around this site and see how others have re-built new and improved marriages. Under far more difficult circumstances...which I doubt you want to find yourself in.

Get off the fence...climb onboard...and get ready for some challenging work if you really want this marriage to work.

Last edited by heartmending; 07/22/06 06:06 PM.
C
C
OK - you want to know what to do.....

Read hear....read a lot. And then ask questions about taking the appropriate steps. You've been registered for over 6 months. It's time to get to work.

And consider some individual counseling because you have a lot of issues to sort out if all your prior posts are any indication of the issues in your marriage.

L
L
So what story are you telling us today, hop? Are you still pursuing your affair?

H
hoppels Offline OP
OP Offline
H
What is the "EN's questionnaire" that you talk about...some of the jargon and acronyms being used on here...I don't know what they mean. Don't worry too much about the emotional affair. I feel pretty beaten down at this point and not very confident that I could truly nurture any relationship at this point.

C
C
Start by looking at everything in the "Most Popular Links" on the lower right hand corner of this page:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi4500_resource.html

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 594 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation