Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1902297 07/01/07 12:26 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I was just checking to see if anyone know how nasty D can get? She was the one who tore my heart out when I wanted this to be as easy as possible, but WW is the one who left and wants all she can get! This is what’s going on..

Ok, we initially agreed on what we would split up, to which I said that’s fine. Now fast forward 4 months, she wants the other half of the dishes that we got for our wedding and half of my 401K. Which she initially said that she was not going to take half of the 401K. My L told me in the beginning that I was being very generous to her by letting her take what she wanted and not getting half of what I deserved.

Now that she wants the 401K, I will loose $2K of that and she will gain $2K. I never knew that she was so greedy, all of this just to get 2K I’m going to get half of her bonuses from her job, half of the marriage debt will get split in half (I was going to take my $12K of CC debt and let her have her $5K of CC debt). The bank accounts will be split down the middle, I was paying all the utility bill in the house including the mortgage, her student loans, her car payment and her car insurance. This is with her making $25K a year more that I was. So she said that she would put most of her money in savings for us and she took all of that when she left.

She also had some cosmetic surgery in 2004, boob job, tummy tuck and a thigh lift, that was $18K. She got a loan for $15K and took $3K of marital property to go and get that done. My L said that she have to pay me back for half of that. I know all this is fair by law buy do you guys think that my L is going too far with this?

Last edited by Shes_Great; 07/01/07 01:08 PM.

Me: 37
WAW: 32
M: 6 Years
No Kids
BOMB: 9/4/06
D:9/16/08
WW: Married OM
J
J
Hey Great- Stop worrying about "fair". How ever this turns out it will affect you for a long time. Save what you can for yourself. Time for fairness is gone. In this system it is CYO ***. You may have feelings for this woman but don't let those feelings shoot your self in the foot! By the way choose your battles wisely. Don't fight over things that are financially worthless. Paying a lawyer >$200/hr to fight over dishes is looney.

S
OP Offline
S
johoman,

Thanks for the reply, I don't think I have to fight over the dishes because she took half when she left.

So I have to let my feelings go and look out for me!

No Kids
G
G
Listen to your lawyer. You were overly generous, and if she's willing to go after $2,000 when you've taken on so much debt, I'd stop worrying.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
S
OP Offline
S
Listen to your lawyer. You were overly generous, and if she's willing to go after $2,000 when you've taken on so much debt, I'd stop worrying.

I will listen to my L and he want to me to be fair and being fair is getting half of what I deserve.

I know W will hit the roof when she finds out about what's going on. I told W 4 months ago that I was going to get the all the money back that I paid for her car payment and started crying and ask me how could I do this to her? I told her that this is only the beginning of the consequences for her actions of walking away and breaking the covenant of our marriage vows.

No Kids
W
W
I feel for you. I'm a bit bitter about the financial devastation I'm facing from my WW.

Not that it helps you really, but you are fortunate in a couple of ways:
* No children ergo no child support. Can you imagine what a 1-year old child would cost you financially?
* Worse than the money, can you imagine the pain a child would unecessarily go through?
* You are young and your marriage was short. Losing half of your net worth ten years from now would be worse still.
* You'll get over this. But your WW will have a lot of baggage from the bad decisions she's made. And she felt a need for cosmetic surgery at age 27?! That doesn't sound healthy.

Take care,

- WG

BH 40, Married: 2002, Discovered affairs: Fall 2005, Divorced: Spring 2008

Advocate grace daily
S
OP Offline
S
Just found out that my W has a BF! And she is still trying to lie to me about it.

So I took all of the clothes, wedding dress and wedding pictures she had left here at the house and took them and put them on the OM's door step!

No Kids
P
P
You should have burned them.

My stbx tried to get half and take zero debt.

The judge gave her the house, but she has to make the $1000 a month payments on $11.00 an hour! HEH!

She took ALL of the equity out of the house when I was wounded and in the hospital. I came out of the hospital oweing $30,000.

She wanted HALF of my retirement, claiming she spent the equity on "mariatal debt". I offered half of my retirement if we split the debt 50/50. I would have come out with her oweing me around $15,000. She opped to table the whole deal until a later date and now I am having to force mediation as she has run out of money and her sugar daddy hasn't grown tired of supporting her.

She has had free run of ruining me financially and my reirement is locked down as the judge has done zip about her defying EVERY financial order. He just doesn't care what she does.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
S
OP Offline
S
Pariah,

That sucks! How can the judge get let her get away with that?

Well I wanted to be nice to her by not burning her clothes, she lucky that I didn't wait for him and beat his @ss!

No Kids
P
P
The judge is best friends with our BIL who is an attorney.

He wants NOTHING to do with either of us so he just does nothing.

We were ordered not to come back to court until we have this thing settled.

The ONLY enforcable order I have is the one where she must keep the house paid on time.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation