Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
M
M
I agree Bryan. Hey, you are not around much...but I want to thank you as your straight talking helped me through a tough time when I first got here.

medc #2003404 01/16/08 11:41 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hello all,
Thanks for your support. The past week has been very good to us. WW has committed to us in many ways. For our anniversary on 1/12 she gave me a card that says 17 things she wants for us to achieve TOGETHER in 2008 and that she looks forward to making another list in 2009. Indulge me k? Here is the list...
take romantic vacation together
install hot tub together
workout together
attend church
buy a new car for you together
train our crazy dog
paint our house together
finish master bedroom together
plan our financial future together
go camping hiking together
bike rides with kids
family vacation together
speak each others love languages
speak our childrens love languages
make our house a home for our family
come up with 5 long term goals
be the best parents we can be

And in this card that she made for me she included her email password.

Then something great happened 2 days ago. The OM sent her an email saying the girl he is now dating looks just like my WW. So he has found something to move on to and my WW said she feels nothing but happy for him (and slightly depressed about it being over). Last night we were reminded of a time about 3 weeks ago and what she said was "Oh yeah that was the night I had my emotional breakdown (over NC with OM) and it was all for nothing!" And then she grabbed my hand and gave me a kiss.

Things are going excellent. She is finding ways daily to restore my trust. She is saying and doing all kinds of things to rebuild trust and have a better marriage. Lately we really enjoy being with each other so much. Nothing but good news. Thanks again to all you MBers', Dr Harley, and God.

God's goal for marriage: Become ONE! How? MBer methods.
Me:husband 42
wife, 40
married 1/12/1991
3 children, 1 granddaughter
R
R
Oh, man, that is GREAT NEWS, BP!!! I am so happy for you!

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

Fogapalooza-My Babbly Beginning
My Story
B
B
Congratulations. I am surprised but quite happy for you.

Bryanp #2003407 01/17/08 10:23 AM
_
_
Good for you, BP. Be guarded, be careful, be aware of the rollercoaster jiggles and reoccuring withdrawal symptoms.

For us, withdrawal happened for over 6 months but we didn't know what it was until a year ago when I registered for MB. I falsely felt recovered during that time and it could have been disastrous when I let my guard down. (In fact, that's why we had 4 D-Days.)

My WH had given me all the passwords to his accounts....and then started new ones. And he seemed sooooo committed to me/us. But...... he was just further underground.

Don't mean to scare you, BP, but you sound so much like us. (Except we didn't have MB until I found the books just before D-Day #4.)

Thanks and please keep us updated on your progress.

Ace

FWH/BW (me)57+ M:36+ yr.
4 D-Days: Jun-Nov 06 E/PA~OW#2 (OW#1 2000)
_Ace_ #2192027 01/12/09 09:52 PM
B
B
^^^^^

M
M
B, are you sure?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
No, Mel, not sure. But I put 2 and 2 together, BigPicture/BigMistake. Plus they have counseled with the Harleys, married 17 years, there was an affair, and now NC, and SF problems.

P
P
bigpicture,

I think you're hanging on to any shred of hope you can hang onto. I know, I was there.

But you're having the wool get pulled over your eyes. Your WW is cake eating. She's keeping the OM on the backburner and telling you stuff that gives you hope. It's a horrible and cruel game she's playing, but there is still contact and this crap about him getting a girlfriend is a possibly good development, but you have no way of knowing if it's true or not. She must swear no contact for life and actually do it.

It's simple to take steps to make that happen. Block his email for starters.

You have to take some hard steps to draw boundaries if she breaks the contact.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
pomdbd3 #2192061 01/12/09 10:46 PM
P
P
bigp,

I just read through a bit more of your thread and offer this to you.

I believe there is a very real and very hard crash for betrayed spouses who have a WW return. I believe that there is a lot of energy spent on "reconquering" the WW, getting her to return, and then experiencing a brief honemoon period before reality sets in.

The reality is that you've taken back a cheating wife, who has slept with and done things with another man and you must now fight your own crash over the WW coming home.

I haven't been through recovery, but I imagine this is what it's like since I'm sure I would have had A LOT of resentment to work through if my WW had come back to me.

It's been 3 years and there's times when I don't have fond feelings of rainbows and bunnies filling her days. Quite the opposite.

I can imagine anger and resentment that a betrayed husband has to deal with.

Others can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I can't see how a betrayed spouse can just put this behind them easily and move on.

What you're going through right now is taking its toll on you whether you realise it or not. The day will come when broken NC is one broken NC too many and you will be fed up beyond belief that she continues to disrespect you over and over again.

Just keep in mind that you're in a fog of your own right now and that there is a "mission" that is driving you and that mission is to get your wife to come back to your marriage 100%.

You may get exactly what you wish for. And that will bring baggage all of its own.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
B
OP Offline
B
Mel and Believer,

NO NO NO NOT same person.

I already made my mistakes . (like I won't make anymore ha ha :D)

God's goal for marriage: Become ONE! How? MBer methods.
Me:husband 42
wife, 40
married 1/12/1991
3 children, 1 granddaughter
B
B
Oh, good to hear that. I was really afraid it was your wife.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 481 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation