Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 48 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 47 48
L
L
That's great, brother!

Looking forward to seeing Ironman w/ my son too!

Now, cook them waffles and have a great Sunday morning...

L2F

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I took the girls to church this morning... The sermon was by the assistant pastor and it was about taking responsibility for your spiritual growth.

It’s been raining here pretty much all day.... Off and on rain since Thursday. I’m ready for some sunshine... Kind of like my life right now...

I started going to church again last December and going out to eat after has been a treat for us. Today we went to a BBQ place, Smokey Bones. It’s the first time I’ve been there and it’s not bad. On the way to the restaurant I asked my girls if they had good childhood memories or bad ones... My DD16 didn’t say one way or the other.... but my DD15 said something that made me cry...

She said that everyone has bad memories... But that she has just as many good ones. Then She said that she knows that (my children) have it good but that sometimes they don’t really appreciate it. And she said that they could have had a things a lot worse. She went on to say that she knows that I try really hard to make things good for them and that she doesn’t think that they thank me for that enough. Then she said "Dad I just want to thank you for everything you do, I know that you love me and I want you to know that I love you too."

That really touched my heart and it made me cry...

BH, 46
STBXWW, 41, Serial Cheater
D-Day #1 5-26-2006 (Our Wedding Aniversary)
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
STBX filed for divorce March 2009
L
L
That really touched my heart and it made me cry...
...me too...

Children are such a gift...a true joy.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks L2F.

Well... Plan B this week. I want to deliver the letter but I haven't decided how...

At first I was thinking that I would have it delivered with some flowers to her work. But now I'm thinking I'll just leave work a little early and leave it under the windshield wiper of her car.

Any other suggestions?

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I have a question for the vets....

After I give WW the Plan B letter should I send a copy to her parents & my step daughter Via email?

My reasoning.... I don't want WW to tell a bunch of lies to everyone. I would think it's better for them to get it from the horses mouth... without being filtered...

Any input?

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Anybody?

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
P
P
Originally Posted by Amazin
I have a question for the vets....

After I give WW the Plan B letter should I send a copy to her parents & my step daughter Via email?

My reasoning.... I don't want WW to tell a bunch of lies to everyone. I would think it's better for them to get it from the horses mouth... without being filtered...

Any input?

Yes - a good idea

Pepper Potts

R
R
Hey Amazin! Been pretty ill for a few days...sorry I haven't been around!

What a sweet thing your DD said to you. Kids are the best!!

I'm not a "vet" but I don't see the harm...maybe even just a quick phone call to them to let them know you haven't exactly given up, but are protecting your heart...

You sound much better this week! Yeah for you!!!

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

Fogapalooza-My Babbly Beginning
My Story
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you Pepper, Thank you LaLa.

I'm a little better this week.

I hope you're better soon LaLa. And Happy Birthday!

I have this desire to call her mom...or her dad....Just because I'm wondering what she told them about me trying to have her car towed away...

I find it humorous that POSOM has to drive his mommy's car now...because WW is hiding the other one.

From what I found out about him... LOOSER

Another Vulture from AA...lost his license and lives at home with mommy...

What a down-grade from me...

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
R
R
Originally Posted by Amazin
I find it humorous that POSOM has to drive his mommy's car now...because WW is hiding the other one.

From what I found out about him... LOOSER

Another Vulture from AA...lost his license and lives at home with mommy...

What a down-grade from me...

*SIGH* Aren't they all....mine sure was...BARF!! sick

They don't call it "affairing-down" for nuttin'!

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

My Story
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I wonder why they do that? Is it from a lack of self respect?

Hmmm... It makes me wonder about the wayward psyche ... And why they do some of the things they do...

It may just be one of those mysteries that's wrapped in an enigma and surrounded by a riddle.

We may never know...LOL

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
R
R
Well, apparently it has to do with low self-esteem and admiration. Choosing someone, um, "less" than you are who looks up to you feeds into the WS's needs. Most of the time, the only people who would "admire" an infidel would be those of a "lower class." Low self-esteem drives the need for admiration (on this scale) and infidelity as well.

MOST of the time, the OP is considerably lower on the "food chain" than the spouse (or the WS for that matter). By that, I mean- not as smart, financially stable, attractive, confident, etc....leaving the BS to go "um....HUH???"

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

My Story
N
N
Originally Posted by Resonance
MOST of the time, the OP is considerably lower on the "food chain" than the spouse (or the WS for that matter). By that, I mean- not as smart, financially stable, attractive, confident, etc....leaving the BS to go "um....HUH???"

Except in my case....UNTIL I remembered that she may have been all that, but she was also a gutter-living wh*)e who had no problem spreading her legs to any man who paid her a compliment and walk out on her chilren for him.....(I know I didn't just say that out loud did I...must be the KRAZY in me.....lol)

Hey Amazin,,,,

Hanging in there I see. Good to hear it....Keep the faith hon.....I'll be checking in on you...so hang in there....

not2fun

B
B
I agree my WS is with some realy ugly bloke nothing in common, totally different in all respects you just would not put them together. he is really punching above his weight. Why do WS do this?

i have just exposed yesteday and W is really mad!! loads of fog babble. My biggest regret is that i didn't do it sooner, I feel I have got my self respect back. i was doormat not anymo

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I posted this on another thread, but I'm going to re-post it here just because.

My Plan B letter.

My Dearest Mrs. Amazin,

I remember our courtship and how we met. I remember talking on the phone for hours until you fell asleep. I remember our first date at the square in Ft. Worth and our first kiss. I remember Thanksgiving at your mother’s house. I remember all the paper hearts in our bedroom, in our house and on our cars. I remember how I proposed to you at the Italian Inn. I remember how I proposed to you again for the kids because they were chanting “Ask, Ask, Ask!” I remember our beautiful wedding and our honeymoon in Cancun. I remember a time when you were passionately in love with me and my heart longs for those days to come again.

On our wedding day I made a promise to you in front of God and our family to faithfully love and cherish you, for better or for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, and in good times or bad. I have kept that promise in the past and I plan on keeping that promise in the future.

I am writing this letter because I want to protect the love that I have for you and keep it from turning into hate. Your extramarital affairs have hurt me deeply and I do not want to see you, talk to you, or have any contact with you from now on.

I have made plenty of mistakes in this marriage and I own every single one of them. I gambled away a lot of money. I was selfish. I made independent decisions about our finances, our family and our life without talking to you or taking you into consideration. I neglected to meet your emotional needs. For all of these and many other mistakes that I have made, I am truly sorry.

I will always regard Step Daughter and Stepson as family. If Step Daughter wants to come over and visit she can call me directly or ask one of my kids and they can ask me. There should be no reason for you to have any contact with me. If there is something that absolutely must be communicated to me, you can do that through my brother. His number is xxx-xxx-xxxx.

I want you to know that there is a way home. There is a pathway to a new marriage. This path would require changes in both of us. If we stray from the path in one direction or the other, our chances for a new marriage are minimal. Together we can create a marriage in which other people of the opposite sex will never ever be an issue. They would have no place in our marriage. We can create a marriage based on honesty on many levels; financial honesty, emotional honesty, honesty about where we are and who we are with. We can have a marriage in which we give each other our undivided attention and our emotional needs are met. We can have a great marriage if we avoid being the cause of each others unhappiness, by making a small lifestyle change and getting some marital guidance. I can only be married to someone who values these principles and who would eagerly embrace this lifestyle.

I still have hope for us, our marriage and our family. Forgiveness is possible. Regaining the passionate love we once had for each other is possible. Recovery is possible. The answer to all my prayers would be for us to have a happy loving marriage and a blessed family. I am willing to avoid the mistakes I’ve made in the past and create a new life for both of us that will meet your needs.

I hope that someday we may have a new marriage. I want us to be able to meet each other’s emotional needs and to avoid doing anything to hurt each other. We can build a new lifestyle in which everything we do makes us both happy. Then there will never again be a reason for us to separate. I want to be your best friend, someone who is always there for you when you need me. And I want you as my best friend. I loved you the day we were married and I continue to love you right up to this day. I just cannot see you, talk to you, or help you until you end your extramarital affairs once and for all.

Love,

Amazin

I hope God touches her and softens her heart.

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I don't know why but I'm in a real good mood today.

Maybe it's because I'm not focused on my wife and her affair.

Memorial Day weekend... I'm already done at work today and I'm going on leave next week. Those may be a couple of other reasons why I’m in such a good mood.

It’s a beautiful day outside; I think I’ll take my old Bronco for a ride in the mountains.

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Well... My step daughter called last night. Her Senior project was going to be re-modleing a room here at my house... Doesn't look like that will happen anymore. She asked her mom if she could come over so that she could get some pictures... her mom told her she needs to do a project at home and not here at my house.

I had a talk with my step daughter... explained what has happened recently... Obviously her mother hasn't... I sent her an email that had a copy of the plan b letter. I told her that she could always be a part of my family if she chooses and that I love her.

I feel really bad for her.

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
N
N
Amazin....

No, I didn't desert you...I've been following. I am so sorry about the turn of events with you SD. That just really sucks, and in my opinion, very mean and childish on your WW's part. But again you amaze me through the way you handled it. I know it is hard, but you really are a good guy through all of this crap. heck, I tend to find the hurt and anger still VERY much there.

So, Plan B, huh??? How's it going for you??? Do you find it the relief that I thought it would be??? For your sake I hope so.

Hey, I just wanted to let you know, I have seen some of your posts around here, and your growth a Newbie Christian is awesome. I am so glad and proud of you. It looks like God is using this trauma in your life for good. Which is good.

Anyway, keep up the good work, you are doing "AMAZINGLY" well....

not2fun

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
So, Plan B, huh??? How's it going for you??? Do you find it the relief that I thought it would be???

Some days are still rough... but they're getting fewer and farther in between. I'm just trying to keep myself separated from all the drama. I don't need it and I don't know how much more I could have taken.

My son and I had a good day together. We went to breakfast, and then went up to the University he's going to be attending in the fall. After that we came home and started pulling the carpet up from the floors.

My house is a time capsule from 1970. I bought the house three years ago. The couple that owned it before me bought the house in 1970 and they were the second owners. It appears that immediately after they bought the house they remolded it and it stayed that way until I bought the house. It has shag carpet covering hardwood floors. My son and I have taken up all of the carpet except the little bit in the dining room. So far so good.... it’s a beautiful oak floor underneath.

I don’t think I’m going to have to strip or refinish the floor! Just give it a real good cleaning. Praise God!

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Even though I'm in plan B I'm still having a lot of rough days. When I was in plan A I was so sick of the lies, deceit and hurt that I thought Plan B would give me some relief. And in some ways it has. However, there are some days that my heart aches. I go through a range of emotions and feel exhausted afterward. I think one reason I’m so emotional is because I’m very lonely and I miss my wife. All of my family is in the Midwest and I’m stuck on the east coast. I really enjoy and have gotten closer to my children since this happened. But that’s not the same.

Anyway I was wondering if it’s normal to be lonely in Plan B?

Well I’m going to church this morning and then I’m going to do something productive...Fix the mower, plant flowers, yard work, etc...

Or not... maybe I’ll just go fishing...LOL

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
Page 28 of 48 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 47 48

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 298 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation