Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 36 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 35 36
M
M
Provide for your wife to get an abortion.

Great advice there...rolling eyes. So, kill the baby for the sins of the mom. Great...and then your advice goes so far as to have her steriilzed so that she can't get knocked up from another man in the future. Oh...and you are doing her a favor by providing her with the means to slaughter a child.

Disgusting.

M
M
all i can say is... "wow"

i can't believe that was even posted as an option.

mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

S
S
Great Advise Stellakat,

I say we kill them all, Mother, unborn child, and Om.

then RB can rest assured this will never happen again.

Marvelous thinking.

all blessings,
Jerry

R
R
Stella thanks for introducing the elephant in the room. Abortion is of course an option, not everyone believes a child exists from the moment of conception, and as far as I know MB does not administer either pro-life or pro-choice dogma. Not that it would matter if it did.

Runnerboy maybe you have made this decision already. If not, or if you are not absolutely sure, then as difficult as this decision is (to insist on an abortion as a condition to staying married), you don’t have all day. The thing does develop into a child at some point, however disputable that point is.

B
B
Originally Posted by Rabbit_A
The thing does develop into a child at some point, however disputable that point is.

That decision was made way back when he discovered his wife was pregnant.

The "point" is at conception.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
T
T
At the moment of conception, a person's genetic destiny is fixed: hair color, eye color, height, left-handed/right-handed, and so on and on and on. The only thing that really changes from there on out is size. If it's not a person then, what is the magic weight or length at which it becomes one? And why should size be a determining factor anyway? Does size only matter in utero, or should we carry this standard post-natally? Am I more of a person now than I was in my 20s because I'm fatter at 60? Or did the fact that age has compressed some vertebrae and shrunk me an inch or so reduce my personhood from what it was when I was taller? Since those two criteria now contradict each other, which one predominates?

Gestational age and size as determinants of humanity becomes a very illogical argument when carried to its reasonable conclusions. From the joining of the sperm and the ovum, a human being is on the way. It's never on the way to becoming a fish, a platypus, a lion, a zebra, an anything-else-but-a-human-baby. To pretend otherwise is to engage in such strenuous mental gymnastics that a person could safely go without further exercise for the rest of the year!

S
S
The thing does develop into a child at some point, however disputable that point is.

Oh gosh, "it's a THING."

Now I know why my thinking has been all messed up.

"It's a THING !

Thanks, I get it now.

All Blessings,
Jerry

S
S
Mikeeverdaycont, Right back atcha! I gave an OPINION. I can accept respectful or even barely respectful disagreement with my OPINION.

YOU and your insults (and your twisted thinking) are disgusting to me.

I think you are very smart but when you insult ME, it turns me off of all that you may think you stand for.

Last edited by Stellakat; 05/30/08 12:37 AM.
B
B
Stella - the abortion issue has been done to death here. RB is NOT getting his wife to have one.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
S
S
"I know that given the fact that we both are strongly opposed to abortion, the only alternatives left are to keep the baby or put it up for adoption.

I found it now, sorry for making a fuss.

*********EDIT*********

Last edited by Maverick_mb; 05/30/08 01:20 AM. Reason: TOS Violation
M
M
Just a friendly reminder to keep replies respectful. Thank you.

F
F
********EDIT********

Last edited by Maverick_mb; 05/30/08 03:33 AM. Reason: tos violation
S
S
********EDIT********

Last edited by Maverick_mb; 05/30/08 03:34 AM. Reason: tos violation
M
M
Another reminder: We are here to MARRIAGE BUILD, not personally attack those we have differences with. Thank you.

F
F
Maverick - I agree, we are here to help build and/or rebuild marriages that have suffered from adultery.

HOW does advocating for Abortion "fit" with your view of marriage building and WHY should it NOT be discussed as an option FOR the Betrayed Spouse and WHY should views PRO abortion and PRO life NOT be discussed?

Are we now in the era of the "thought police?"

IF so, please say so.

In the interest of trying to keep "board wars" down, it is my opinion that you are "Going to too far," but you have the power and I, for one, can only decide to participate or not participate in such system where disagreement over VIEWS is not allowed.

Please let me know when you have read this and I will delete it so as to not "offend" anyone who might read it later.

F
F
Maverick, a P.S.

I find it very interesting that you delete MY posts and some of Stellas where she is attacking me, but you LEAVE all the other posts regarding the very same subject.

I'm beginning to "get the message" where you are concerned, and it's a disturbing message.

M
M
ForeverHers,

The back and forth personal attacks between yourself and another poster on this and another thread was the problem. The topic was not the issue.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

M
M
RB,
I am very new here and have lurked for a while and read most of the posts. I too am in awe of your resolve. It has been difficult for me reading all of this and I probably won't post much, if ever again. I thought I might just give my two cents as my perspective is slightly different from other posters. I was not an OC but I am as close as one can be without being one. When my father married my mother he did not want children. For him it was simple, he already had kids, with other women, all prior to marrying my mother. It would seem 5 - 6 years into their marriage my mother decided that she wanted children and never consulted with my father with her change of heart. When I was born I represented failure to my father, as he had done everything he thought he could to have my mother miscarry. Growing up I NEVER had a relationship with my father even though we lived in the same house, my mother raised me as though she was a single mother. Fast forward several years, my own marriage failed ( because of all my demons) after 23 years and I became an OM. I married the OW and we are still married today 10 years on. It has taken many years for me to mature. I am in my fifties now and I have reconciled with all parties.
With your wisdom you are in a fine place. You may not always enjoy where you are at but...noone can fault you for using all of your available resources to come to the best of all decisions given your circumstances.
You are an excellent role model of a real man.

B
B
I'm not sure, but prior to Stella I think the only person who suggested abortion was MyRev. Maybe Krazy too. RB flatly stated that both he and his WW were adamantly opposed to abortion, and that pretty much ended the discussion.

Much of the heat and light seems to have been generated over keep and raise COM versus adoption.

M
M
Fast forward several years, my own marriage failed ( because of all my demons) after 23 years and I became an OM. I married the OW and we are still married today 10 years on. It has taken many years for me to mature. I am in my fifties now and I have reconciled with all parties.

You had an affair because of your short comings....not because of your demons. YOU, not your mommy or daddy are responsible for your affair.

As far as you marrying the OW...well...in some eyes, you are still the OM.

Page 16 of 36 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 35 36

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation