Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 92 of 160 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 159 160
S
OP Offline
S
Have you considered dropping all the letters to SCQ from this point on?

I guess. I don't think that it's where the funk came from, though. I almost think the letters give me an outlet for that whole 'do something' urge and are thus both positive and negative.

Here's the text of the last one I sent. It was in response to the SCQ asking me if I wanted to split time at the school open house in case I didn't want to be in the same space.
"I do want to be in the same space. I want us to be a family again so that we can share the joy of watching DS8 and DD4 grow. So that you and I can celebrate and discuss their successes and failures in ways that no one else will ever be able to appreciate. So that DS8 and DD4 can grow up taking normal family vacations and celebrating their holidays the way that you and I got to. So that DS8 and DD4 can spend All of their time with their parents under one roof.

It is not too late. Yes, it would take time and work, but I know that we can rediscover our love for one another. I have learned how to do it, and I desperately want to share it with you. I believe that to make the attempt would be the absolute best thing we could ever do for DS8 and DD4 . Yes, I believe we should make the attempt for the sake of the children, but I would not stay together in a loveless marriage for the sake of the children.

We wouldn't have to worry about this, however. I know that we can rediscover our love and will find that it is stronger than anything we have ever experienced because it is built on the foundation we made fifteen years ago as well as our love for DS8 and DD4. It is what I want with all my heart. I know that we can put the past behind us and do this.

But not while you are seeing another man, so if that continues to be your choice, then we can swap DS8 at 7 on Thursday.

That was almost three weeks ago. She sent me what appeared to be a response asking about the status of the loan (which was a bit triggering), but I see now that her email actually came in before my email went out. Not that it makes a huge difference.

I don't know. I'm still trying to make it to the end still wanting reconciliation. I feel pretty good today. And on the whole I'm WAY better than I was a year ago. No comparison. So even when it's bad, it's not like it was before.

Last edited by sdguy038; 06/05/08 05:28 PM.
C
C
And on the whole I'm WAY better than I was a year ago. No comparison.

Me too!

Oh, and if you do give up on reconciliation, let me know and I will write your emails.

Last edited by chrisner; 06/05/08 05:43 PM. Reason: Yes, probably a vagrant slept in the car. Or maybe just used it as a toilet and moved on.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
However, be glad she isn't going on and on about how GREAT he is. He RUINS things and she DREADS going to his house during a fire.

On the other hand, didn't you hear not too long ago "I wish it was a Daddy day"

I got it again at the game on Monday. That's 3 for the last 3 on those occasions (with the SCQ but sees me). Sure, it could be a lot worse, and I guess I could get a "Ha ha, she likes me better than you" boost from it, but that whole empathy thing gets in the way. It screams "it's not supposed to be this way," which is closely followed by "it doesn't have to be this way," which makes my shoulders long for my ears.

She isn't buying the daddy stand-in anymore than you are.

You know, I don't think the SCQ is playing him up as a daddy stand-in. The SCQ is aware and sensitive to the fact that I am their father. I heard one time very early on about POSOM playing chess with DS8 but have heard nothing since about it, or about any kind of interaction. Nothing about playing catch or football--whenever I hear about anything, it is with the SCQ.

POSOM's wife has told me that he has never been much interested in being a parent. That he wanted her to get an abortion rather than have the second child.

I have also heard that they are not going to move in together. POSOM bought OMW out of their house, which is twenty-something miles away from where I live, but it's important to the SCQ to stay close to the school (from my MIL) and she has refused to move in with him (from POSOM's wife).

So what's the point? To live with this kind of stupid back-and-forth juggling kids situation? I guess so. Dangerous to try to figure out what's going on inside a wayward's head. Madness lies that way.

I'm better than I sound. Lots of stuff I'm venting out, and stuff that I already know, or know better than, or the like.

Gotta post more often.

C
C
but that whole empathy thing gets in the way

I guess I got over that.

Last edited by chrisner; 06/05/08 05:50 PM. Reason: Danny's only a man. But he can break wind at both ends simultaneous - which is more, I reckon, than any god can do.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
Oh, and if you do give up on reconciliation, let me know and I will write your emails.

Heh. We'll have to work together on that. I'm pretty good at wielding a scalpel with language. You would take it and make it riotously funny.

C
C
Originally Posted by sdguy038
[quote]

I have also heard that they are not going to move in together. POSOM bought OMW out of their house, which is twenty-something miles away from where I live, but it's important to the SCQ to stay close to the school (from my MIL) and she has refused to move in with him (from POSOM's wife).

SD,

I'm confused. I thought that they already did live together. No?

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
OP Offline
S
No. They each have their own place. She rents a condo, and POSOM recently bought out his wife. He had been living in an apartment for, what, two years now? I don't know whether or not he's moved back into the house.

B
B
Originally Posted by sdguy038

Heh. We'll have to work together on that. I'm pretty good at wielding a scalpel with language. You would take it and make it riotously funny.

Hey!, I'm The riot!

Only the Amigos and possibly Cubs fans get that one

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
W
W
I guess I was under the impression that POSOM and SCQ were living together, too. It is interesting that she is not planning on moving in with him. Or so they are telling people.

Probably why Jennifer has your plan tweaked a little bit.

Of course, it's hard to tell what is in the actual mind of the wayward, like you said. She may just be waiting for the "appearance" of the relationship to be more acceptable.

Your letter was so touching. Any woman in her right mind would be absolutely thrilled to get a letter like that.

You're doing fine. Keep venting and updating - it will help keep the shoulders where they belong.

Fox

C
C
Hey!, I'm The riot!

Like all those years ago when the marketing genius for the Cleveland Indians decided to combine baseball bat giveaway night with nickel beer night. Who could have foreseen a problem with that?

Last edited by chrisner; 06/06/08 10:27 AM. Reason: I know! You construct a weapon. Look around, can you form some sort of rudimentary lathe?

S
OP Offline
S
Hey!, I'm The riot!

I'm going to have to out you to my mom, BC. She's a big Riot fan.

Of course, it's hard to tell what is in the actual mind of the wayward, like you said. She may just be waiting for the "appearance" of the relationship to be more acceptable.

I think about this one, too, but if this were the case, wouldn't they be doing all they could to advance the divorce? It's been dragging on forever. Even now, when the finish line is within sight, it's not the MSA she's asking about, it's whether I've started the loan process.

Isn't that weird?

W
W
I think about this one, too, but if this were the case, wouldn't they be doing all they could to advance the divorce? It's been dragging on forever.

I would think so.

Unless she is unsure of her actions. Maybe she is using POSOM as an excuse now to leave the M because she really doesn't see the way back to it.

She doesn't want to move forward with him.....but either doesn't want to or just can't see a way back with you.

I feel that way, as a BS. WH could walk away from Bab's right now and want to reconcile and I just don't think I would do it.

The phrase "too much has happened" is not necessarily untrue. It can be a HUGE roadblock in a person's mind. Which, really, is the reason for Plan B, I think. If you don't know too much has happened, you don't have to face it or deal with it.

She may just really be unwilling to do the work it would take for reconcilation. She may not want to move forward with POSOM and all the work THAT would take, but coming back to you would take work, too.

Maybe she just wants the easy way.

Unfortunately, there isn't one. ANY good relationship takes a certain amount of work.

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
She doesn't want to move forward with him.....but either doesn't want to or just can't see a way back with you.

And I think this (along with the SCQ's passivity) is where Jennifer's change in strategy comes in. Make sure that she knows the door is open.

What still makes the most sense to me is that she is completely the follower and under his spell. POSOM may well be satisfied the way things are. He has his house where his kids live and a playmate to help him take care of them, and he has another place to stay closer to his work for when he doesn't have his kids. And I could see it taking a LONG time for the SCQ to realize that she's not getting what she wants and even longer for her to do anything about it.

The scary parts about this are 1) the kids get shafted all along the way, and 2) she seems more interested in getting the money than in ending the marriage. But there's really nothing I can do about that.

C
C
But there's really nothing I can do about that.

That's where another Cleveland Indian bat night/nickel beer night could work out great!

Last edited by chrisner; 06/06/08 12:55 PM. Reason: Ja. Not many people know this, but the fuhrer was descended from a long line of English queens.

S
OP Offline
S
How about shovel night?

Last edited by sdguy038; 06/06/08 01:04 PM. Reason: You're the master of cutlery. You can't throw a knife sometimes when someone's trying to kill me?
S
S
BWAAAAAAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAA---OMG thank you thank you--I missed the comic relief

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B

Quote:But there's really nothing I can do about that.

Yep,,,,but so much easier said than done, eh?

That's where another Cleveland Indian bat night/nickel beer night could work out great!

I have a feeling it would be a SOLD OUT crowd!!

How about shovel night?

We could have both and switch from bats to shovels every other inning!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
OP Offline
S
Hey, I got Bug-Bombed!

Update: It was to be the SCQ's long weekend and during it, DS8 had his last baseball games. There were games Friday night and again on Saturday morning because it was the tournament (they finished second). The SCQ had the kids for both games, which meant that she was at the games, too.

Like the previous ones, as soon as DD4 realized I was there, she came over to sit with me. She flits around, but I'll guess that she spent 50% of her time with me, 40% of her time with other kids, and maybe 10% of her time with the SCQ. She talked to other moms more than she did the SCQ. The SCQ would be sitting on a towel off by herself. It was noticed by one of the moms I am friendly with. I looked over at the SCQ from time to time and saw her texting numerous times. Very frustrating, so I'm glad the season is over.

The closing ceremonies and team party for the league were also to be held on Saturday, and on Thursday, the SCQ had asked me if I wanted to take him. I said not especially, but if he wanted me to, then I would. Friday night I got an email that DS8 wanted me to take him and further that he had asked if he could spend the night with me.

"Of course," says me, so I wound up with an extra day with DS8. I'm suspicious now that the SCQ planted the idea so that she and DD4 could have a sleepover at POSOM's, but this is just speculation.

And I should really let it go (posting it out will help me do that, I think), because I had a great time with DS8, so what the hell.

Still having some occasions where the anger seeps into my consciousness--where I start phrasing the FU to inflict maximum damage, but they don't seem to last long. The SCQ has been invading my dreams lately, and so I have been waking up with It. I wish It would go away.

P
P
I don't know if you've gone through it yet, but the anger stage is very, very intense.

It's a lot more intense than mere moments of anger. At least it was for me.

Consider getting an IC. They can help you process your anger and understand it in a way you may not be able to right now.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
B
B
SD has been IC'd, AD'd, and BR'd. Big D is a SOB!!

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
Page 92 of 160 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 623 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation