Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Tabby1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Up until the weekend, I'd only seen her from a distance. It was close enough to notice her streaked hair and short shorts (read hot pants). I knew she was older than me (45) but she looks like she could be WstbxH's mother. sick She looks absolutely rediculous in her teenage tramp clothes. Imagine Granny with streaked blond hair and painted-on shorts with her saggy @&& hanging out. All that's missing is a tattoo. I can't believe WstbxH has the nerve to appear in public with her. GROSS!!!!

The plus side to this is it gives me new names to refer to her by that even people who don't know the story will be able to relate to when they see her. Honestly, I'm not being this harsh just because I hate her. She really is disgusting!!!!

G
G
I've always wondered if it's easier when the OP is less attractive.

I'm really trying to grow old gracefully. I do longer shorts and capri's. LOL. Otherwise, you look like an aging bimbette even if you're not.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
P
P
Y'all've seen my pic right?

Try OM is a short, fat, balding hispanic from Cali with BIG stroies of the Marine corps and his "elite" sniperness. (which was a lie)

He ain't got nothin on me at all, except the job he had and now mine is better than his.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
G
G
I haven't seen your photo. Where is it?

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
P
P
In the MB photo thread.

But, here it is if you don't wanna dig.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd48/screamingcockatoo/roberthawk.jpg

Last edited by Pariah; 06/24/08 11:53 AM.

T
Tabby1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
HA HA Pariah, except for the hispanic and sniper part, your OM sounds like my WstbxH (short, fat and bald). OWH is a long way from Fabio but he at least isn't short or bald. He has commented that he wondered what OW sees in WstbxH. Pariah, you knock both of them out of the water!!!!

I'm not sure if it would make a difference or not if OW was prettier or uglier. Right at D-day, my biggest fear was that she was younger and that she and WstbxH would have children together. Up until last weekend, I had only seen her from a distance and I think I imagined a very beautiful trophy-type woman - especially since I could only see the skimpy clothes and styled hair. I dont' think it bothered me above and beyond the fact that she existed - I figured people would see her as a trophy bimbo anyway. But then I saw her face - ughh!!!! Reminds me of that old woman in Something About Mary (the room-mate that spent way too many decades in the sun - remember?)!!!! Now I wonder what people think.

K
K
Tabby1,
I know how you feel I am soon to be 56 years old. The ow is 50.
I have never smoked, drank or done drugs. She still does all three. I am not a beauty but there has never been a day in my life I have not looked better than she does.
One really funny thing my husband said to me was that he wished she and I could be friends so I could at least teach her how to dress and do her hair.
I really wish I knew what goes on in his mind.

G
G
Kathy, I think that's more common than you'd expect. Imagine my surprise when I went to get dishes from my dad's wife only to find they had the same kitchen dishes as my mother! Then, dad's wife started buying the same brand of trunk clothing as my mother. It was freaky. Good thing my mother changed her style to all jeans all the time.

Tabby, probably they simply think your husband is crazy. Or that you simply didn't live down to his standard of trashy women.

Pariah, never in 1000 years would I have guessed that was what you looked like. You look way too friendly in that photo. I imagined you'd look a little scary. And I LOVE the bird. I'll have to dig around for that photo thread. My picture there is really old. I'm no longer blonde.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
P
P
I really am extremely friendly in person. I know no strangers! laugh

I do come across a bit strong here, but my thoughts are short and not very elaborate as I have no patience for long drawn out responses.

It's a result from the trauma and oxygen deprivation from the gunshot wound as I bled almost completely out.

My wife HATED that I make friends easily and nobody is a stranger.

Not to mention I was never better or above anyone as she wished she could be.

Her sister has status and she covets it to a fault.

She often voiced that she felt cheated in life by not getting to be wealthy. She often accused me of being "negative" when she was merely projecting her own faults upon me.

Oh and the bird is a juvinile Red Tailed Hawk that was hit by a car, and I'm getting ready to transport him to the emergency vet, then off to the airport to carry him to Auburn, AL for extensive treatment. I then flew him to the nature preserve in N. GA for rehab, then he was released in a much safer area.

Yes, I have a raptor permit. wink

A
A
Too cool. You're good looking, sexy, smart, and you like raptors....

Anna

3rd marriage to an awesome wonderful man since 2008.

3 children from first marriage, ages 16, 18, 20
G
G
LOL. Totally threadjacking at this point...
I love raptors. I almost ran off the road when a bald eagle swooped down in front of my car. Those things are massive!!! I had no idea the wingspan would cover my windsheild.

As for your ex, didn't she ever learn that there's always someone richer and with more blue blood?

And as for friendly, I probably seem more friendly here than in real life. I'm a little shy, and my sense of humor means most people find me strange, especially the people with "status". LOL.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
P
P
I can honestly tell you that no riches in the world can compare to getting to hold such a magnificent creature as an eagle or other large raptor.

For my selfless work with the rescue and rehabilitation of raptors, I was given a great gift by one of the shamen of the Indian Nation and I shall cherish it always.

I was given a name.

Robert Night Crow and my twin brother is William Two Feathers.

T
Tabby1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
You have a twin??!! That is a really cool name!

It's interesting to look at how our exes seem to try to find another version of us again. I got the typical wayward "her and I just click" and "we understand each other" crap. Yet I have learned that OW has many of the traits I have that were most incompatible with WstbxH.

One example is that I am extroverted and crave a degree of socialization. In his ideal world, he is completely alone in a dark room with a gigantic flat screen TV showing Maple Leaf hockey in surround sound 24/7 with no commercials. Getting him out to social events was worse than pulling teeth and even those that we had to go to (family weddings etc), he began plotting our exit before we'd finished getting dressed for the event. It caused many battles since I thoroughly enjoyed these events and went to so few of them, I NEEDED to go. Nothing ruins your night more than constant nagging about can we leave when the bride hasn't even walked down the aisle yet. According to OWH, OW is a major social butterfly and wants to do stuff all the time. It must be killing her now because a coworker/friend of hers is on my baseball team and happens to hang around and tailgait with the same group of people as me. Last weekend (when I saw her up close), she and WstbxH hung around their truck further down the parking lot for a while before they left. I'm sure the discussion was about whether or not to join the tailgate party. In addition to me being there, WstbxH absolutely does NOT want to join any party of any kind - he barely even wants to shake hands with the other team at the end of the game because he's already been 2 hours away from his precious wide screen.

P
P
Well, so far my ex-wife hasn't been able to land her a suitable sucker. All she has been able to attract is old men and has-beens. And as I told her the day she dropped me off on the side of the road after she told me that I was no prize and completely worthless, "well all you seem to be able to attract is short fat bald messicans, your shelf life is up".

She wants a rich romantic prince charming that will let her be free to do whatever she desires.

Her idea of a perfect realtionship is total independence with financial security provided by partner. She is entitled to it, just as she thinks she has "earned" a dive trip to the Bahamas just by having a job.

She MUST be able to brag about just how good she has it to toxic friend.

T
Tabby1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Pariah
She MUST be able to brag about just how good she has it to toxic friend.

HA HA!! I wonder how much this is killing them as well! OW has been attempting to show off WstbxH to various friends and family since this whole affair started (pun intended). Many of them have dropped them like hot potatos - including her sister and BIL who actually invited OWH to a party last weekend and not them LOL! WstbxH doesn't have any of his own friends, toxic or otherwise. His family is back to speaking with him but they are still not impressed with her. People at baseball speak to him, but he is on the team I was on last year so everyone there knows in full detail what happened and exactly who she is. One person kindly told me the "tramp" was there one day. I don't think anybody uses her actual name. It will be funny the first time someone inadvertantly calls her that to her face!

P
P
I just really wish something reeally crappy would happen to OM, like his health failing to the point he's permanantly unemployed.

I know he had a heart attack a year before D-Day, I can only hope he cloggs the pipes up even more.

He clogged them up pretty good taking her out to lunch on the company credit card every day when he was in town.

T
Tabby1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
OM isn't still with your XW, is he?

P
P
He dropped her like third period French the day I exposed.

He didn't abandon his "insane" wife like he promised he's do and gove no financial support as promised when she divorced me.

What a reall winner she found there.

Short, fat, balding, arrogant AND a liar to boot!

However he does fear me. Big time.

F
F
I've always wondered if it's easier when the OP is less attractive.
No. I've wondered if it would be easier on my ego if OP was attractive.

I do think that I changed and maybe XWH was looking for what I represented when we married. When we married, XWH was good looking, I was plain and took care of everything without question, and our marriage pleased his domineering father. He was the one the world revolved around. Then, my career and confidence built up and his father died. XWH is now very overweight and I look better than I ever have. He looks better next to OW (short, fat, bleached-blond, trailer trash), and OW has family approval as she is SIL's best friend. House was bought last OCT in OW's name only and OC was adopted by narcissist SIL in Dec. (I suspect it was to get health insurance for OC.) Do you really think OW is going to do anything to upset SIL if she wants to see child? SIL has taken over the dominant position in the family and tells everyone what to do (something I did not tolerate).

It really makes sense. It's all about XWH being selfish. He feels better about himself next to someone that he feels is inferior, and he has less stress by keeping SIL happy. He gets to shine as the adored football coach and not worry about any responsibilities.

Tabby: Maybe slutty OW makes X feel better because he deserves her, not someone as wonderful as you.

T
Tabby1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
You may have a point. Not in beauty in my case but perhaps other assets. WstbxH married when I was in grad school (i.e. poor). He didn't have a great job but we made do. After that I post-doc'd - again, still poor. He still had a crappy job but we still made do. This went on far longer than I had hoped but eventually I did land a good job 5 years ago. A really good job. He still had a crappy job. By this time, his excuse was that he'd been out of his field too long because he had to stay where he could support me. Looking back, there was no reason he couldn't have advanced himself as well. I think he liked being in a position where he could be the breadwinner, but not have to be ambitious or put any effort into it. OW works at his company underneath him (not directly but as in a level below if that makes sense). So he's back where he was in my grad school/postdoc days.

Interestingly, he had always been after me to make more money and cutting me down for being in these training positions that paid little. I wonder if he does that to her too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation