Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 36 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 35 36
K
K
My thinking is that OM GF H is going to leave him so financially strapped that OM will cry out in relief at the idea of no child support for OC.

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
M
M
Yes JL, a loaded cement truck.

We rarely get to see the offender suffer the consequences of their actions, and I know we aren't supposed to want to, but there is a certain satisfaction knowing that the offender does indeed get his/her just reward.

Unfortunately, the pain for all will continue as the story continues to develop on so many levels. So sorry, RB.

T
T
Not in any way intended to be legal advice--OB nurses don't DO that--but more along the lines of a rumination... Since the nice-but-extremely-irate STBXH offered you legal services you didn't want, is there any chance he'd be willing to offer you some you could use? Such as getting you and your wife child support from OM while simultaneously having him relinquish all parental rights. I can't think of an attorney in the whole wide, wide world who would be likely to be a better pit bull on your behalf, or more motivated to see that you got the very best possible deal, at the greatest expense to your mutual foe. Sounds to me like he'd not only enjoy sticking another knife in, but that he'd sharpen for you himself before he did!!

J
J
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
Not in any way intended to be legal advice--OB nurses don't DO that--but more along the lines of a rumination... Since the nice-but-extremely-irate STBXH offered you legal services you didn't want, is there any chance he'd be willing to offer you some you could use? Such as getting you and your wife child support from OM while simultaneously having him relinquish all parental rights. I can't think of an attorney in the whole wide, wide world who would be likely to be a better pit bull on your behalf, or more motivated to see that you got the very best possible deal, at the greatest expense to your mutual foe. Sounds to me like he'd not only enjoy sticking another knife in, but that he'd sharpen for you himself before he did!!

I agree with this post 100%

++

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
_
_
RB:

I'm just a simple guy who wants to live his life quietly and peacefully which is what I was doing until about 10 weeks ago.

One major support I had when I first found out and for months after that is my long time friend from waaaay back who could best be described as "Shrink." It is what he does for a living with kids and has with adults in the past.

Shrink says that we make heros out of some of the Hollywood types and he thinks that we might ought to go back to the days when the real hero was a guy who mowed his yard on Saturday, went to Church on Sunday, had a bit of a pot belly, raised his kids, loved his wife and worked hard to support his family. That may not be "Glamorous" or "Exciting" by current standards, but it sure beats what is happening to "Mr. Excitement," your wife's former OM. He is enjoyng "consequences," something that is often left out of the Hollywood productions.

OM is getting his back as well he should. And I agree that you can enjoy without getting involved except for lighting the fuse.

Those who have been here a while will tell you that I fought hard to build a new relationship with my wife. I did this for the sake of honor, integrity and vows. And I have found new love to replace that which was shattered. My wife feels "safe" with me, as well she should. I say this as a way of explaining that you really can make chicken soup out of the chicken stuff that was dealt to you from your wife failing to protect her weaknesses from what could best be described as a predator. By no means does this pull the fangs from what she did, but it does explain.

All the best.

Larry

T
T
Still thinking. If lawyer STBXH took, say, a $1 retainer to actually be RB's attorney, then everything RB says to him becomes confidential. As I understand it, he then could not openly use any info he got from RB regarding the pregnancy, etc., in depositions with his own WW and Mr. Wonderful. I don't see any reason why, however, he couldn't use his "inside" knowledge to ask some very uncomfortable questions to this slimy semi-human, who seems to be completely unable to keep his little pony in its own paddock.

Unless there's some conflict of interest which simply cannot be reconciled, I don't see why it couldn't be made to work out for the benefit of both RB and his FWW's FOM's GF's STBXH--my, my, this is getting complex! crazy Mr. Wonderful is in for a rough ride, I think.

N
N
I think there would be a conflict for him to actually represent RB, but he could give him all sorts of fun and dandy legal advice, as well as refer him to another attorney who can do the legwork, while still making fabulous recommendations.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
I think there would be a conflict for him to actually represent RB, but he could give him all sorts of fun and dandy legal advice, as well as refer him to another attorney who can do the legwork, while still making fabulous recommendations.

This is correct. However, he could still give him legal advice and the referral and anything they say would be protected as long as RB makes it clear he is seeking legal advice. It would be consider a consultation.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
Originally Posted by Runnerboy65
I just had a most interesting lunch. It seems that after OM’s wife forwarded the picture I sent her of OM and his new GF, GF’s husband spent the rest of the night scouring her computer and their house for more evidence. She was supposed to be out of town on business, but we all know that wasn’t true. He found emails between the two of them going back for almost three years. He was really ticked because they had been friends with OM and his wife, even going on vacation with them every year. He also found out from the emails that they had apparently had SF while vacation together with their spouses. He was reading and printing emails when he came across one from a few days before OM left to start his new job. That email talked about a tape to help her “remember” him by. This led GF’s husband to search the house until he found the DVD.

I also learned that GF’s husband is a lawyer and he’s not in a forgiving mood. He spent the rest of the night moving all of her stuff out into the driveway. He figured that the two lovebirds were over at OM’s house and that she would see her stuff when they tried to sneak out the next morning. He has already filed for LS and is just waiting until the law allows him to file for D. He is also working up an alienation of affection lawsuit to hit OM with. He said that he knows that will be hard to win, but he will consider it a win if OM has to put out for legal fees and go to court. So, it is apparently going to get very ugly for OM in the coming days. He wanted to meet with me to get me to give him a signed statement of what I saw that night at Starbucks. He also offered to file an alienation of affection lawsuit for me pro bono if I wanted him to. I just told him that I would rather focus on recovering my marriage at this point but thanks for the offer.

I’m just hoping that with everything this guys going to throw at OM that he will not contest his divorce too vigorously and require me or my wife to give a deposition. In fact, I don’t think I’m going to mention any of this to her at this point. She has enough to deal with without worrying about OM’s divorce for the next 6 months. It does do me a lot of good to see that Om is getting all that he deserves and that I had at least a little part in bringing it about. I think I’m going to just try to avoid all of this confusion for a while on focus on recovery my marriage and healing my family.

Thanks again to all of you who have come around to encourage me. I'm sure some of this may be entertaining if I wasn't living it. I joked about it making a good novel, but it's not too good when you're living it. I'm just a simple guy who wants to live his life quietly and peacefully which is what I was doing until about 10 weeks ago.

Does anyone else "sense" that possibly this thread just went past the point of believeability?

... and honestly, I don't know which I would prefer. I mean, if this is just some well written "story", then Rb65 isn't really dealing with the PAIN of a WW and OC, but if it is true, then Rb65 just got every BH's dream scenario thrown right in his lap.

FogFree and I talked about this quite a bit yesterday evening over a couple of hour road trip and I guess we just seem to think that this is just "too" much like a BH fantasy script, along the lines of "if it's too good to be true, then it probably is".

I
I
You don't think that Coach3650 has come back do you? grin

M
M
I guess I'm not familiar with Coach3650? Must have been before my time here ... was there similarities to Rb65's situation or was he just working on a novel and using MB to preview his storyline?

_
_
RB

I also learned that GF’s husband is a lawyer and he’s not in a forgiving mood. He spent the rest of the night moving all of her stuff out into the driveway. He figured that the two lovebirds were over at OM’s house and that she would see her stuff when they tried to sneak out the next morning. He has already filed for LS and is just waiting until the law allows him to file for D.

So what actually happened, did she see her stuff? Something seems to be missing here. Was your meeting the next day? When did he file?

Larry

I
I
IF I remember right, one of the members saw his photo in a dating site or something. It stated he liked to write stories etc. He was so good that he had everyone fooled. He admitted it and left. It must have been 2-3 years ago.

Last edited by InLikeFlynn; 06/29/08 12:23 PM.
R
OP Offline
R
Well, obviously some of you have gotten the wrong idea. I can assure you that I am not a writer and this is not some fantasy story. What may seem to you like a BS dream is anything but that. I had the BS dream in an OM that had no interest in future contact w/ my wife and instead of just leaving that alone I had to try to punish him when the opportunity arose. This has caused nothing but turmoil and 2nd guessing in the past week. I haven’t had a good night’s sleep since last Tuesday when I ran into OM in Starbucks and now my wife and oldest daughter are mad at me for not just letting sleeping dogs lie. Instead of just fading into the past, now we are probably going to get drug into his current crap.

When I sent that picture to OM’s wife, I felt pretty good about myself until she called me back and I saw how mad she was and learned that she had forwarded it to her former neighbor who was the husband of the woman with OM. That’s when I got really scared that I had screwed up royally. That’s why I said in that post that I did something really stupid. I was just surprised that I didn’t get any 2x4’s here for doing what I did. When I didn’t, I started to think that maybe I hadn’t done anything so bad and that maybe I had been given the opportunity that every BS dreams of. That was until all of this crap with the new BH started and now I’m afraid that the worst is yet to come. We live in a small suburb of a much larger city. There is no way that everyone in town is not going to be talking about this if this new BH does everything he said he planned to do.

You guys can believe what you want to believe, because I have too much crap to deal with to worry about it. I just want those of you who have been so faithful to offer me encouragement to know that I appreciate your help and that I would never be so cruel as to use a board like this to play games.

Also, apparently I don’t show enough anger for some of you, but excuse me for not baring my soul on an internet message board. Maybe it would make you feel better if you could see me sitting by the bed crying at 2AM trying to figure out how the person I have loved for 23 years could be willing to throw everything away for a cheap fling. Trust me, it infuriates me that I have sacrificed and given everything to this family for the 21 years we have been married and it apparently meant nothing to her and now to stay married I’m going to have to sacrifice even more and raise a child that’s not mine. Luckily I have some good friends who allow me to vent when I need to so that I’m not spouting venom 24/7.

Larry,
To clear things up for you, I ran into OM last Tuesday night and that’s when I sent the picture to his wife that she forwarded to her neighbor that same night. He filed or LS on Thursday. The new OW’s husband called me on Thursday night to ask if I would meet him on Friday. Also, to answer your question, she didn’t see her clothes piled in the driveway until she returned home later on Wednesday.

BH(me)-44
WW - 43
DD20
DS17
DD13
d-day 4/18/08
P
P
You guys can believe what you want to believe, because I have too much crap to deal with to worry about it. I just want those of you who have been so faithful to offer me encouragement to know that I appreciate your help and that I would never be so cruel as to use a board like this to play games.

Don't worry about this RB, there are MANY of here who do NOT doubt you. Just use the ignore feature for those who do, they are not helpful.

Yes, it's unfortunate that new BH is intent on dragging everyone in to his mess, but yanno, this is just one more consequence of your wife's choices. I really don't see how what happened between your wife and OM would be relevant to new BH's divorce case, and an argument could probably be made that it's irrelevant. It does show a pattern of OM's behavior, but in a divorce case, I would think the behavior of new BH's wife would be more relevant.

I dunno, maybe a good attorney could keep you guys out of that case, or at the least, due to HIPPA laws, keep your wife's pregnancy out.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
D
D

Having lived what I've lived, I've gotta say that the truth really IS stranger than fiction.

How is your wife doing?

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks for the support guys.

TO answer your ?'s, I'm afraid that I may be asked to authenticate the picture that I sent and answer questions about what I saw in Starbucks that night.

My wife is doing okay, but not great. She is angry at me for not just leaving things alone. My temper is one of her biggest LB's and although I didn't punch OM in the mouth like I wanted to, the little stunt I pulled was all about not controling my temper being able to get a little revenge.

She is just worried about the ramifications if all of this gets ugly and the stories start to get around town. I know it's part of the consequences of what she did, but somehow I feel like I have failed to protect my family because I could have prevented this latest episode by just controlling my temper.

BH(me)-44
WW - 43
DD20
DS17
DD13
d-day 4/18/08
T
T
RB--There are many helpful people on this board. The fact that my daughter is still married and happy again is testament to that fact. However, my personal experience here has led me to believe that once you quit dancing emotionally naked on a tabletop for the "edification" of the masses, you entirely lose the attention and interest of all but a very few.

Take what help you can get from MB (and I know you've already gotten a significant amount) and let the rest slide. If you can play the hand you've been dealt IRL, you can certainly survive the cyberdisapproval and jibes of a few strangers. God bless you and your family, including the baby.

M
M
Originally Posted by Runnerboy65
Thanks for the support guys.

TO answer your ?'s, I'm afraid that I may be asked to authenticate the picture that I sent and answer questions about what I saw in Starbucks that night.

My wife is doing okay, but not great. She is angry at me for not just leaving things alone. My temper is one of her biggest LB's and although I didn't punch OM in the mouth like I wanted to, the little stunt I pulled was all about not controling my temper being able to get a little revenge.

She is just worried about the ramifications if all of this gets ugly and the stories start to get around town. I know it's part of the consequences of what she did, but somehow I feel like I have failed to protect my family because I could have prevented this latest episode by just controlling my temper.

absolutely NOT. You did the righ thing 100%!

Your wife does not have the right to be angry at you for this. Frankly, I think she has a lot of nerve!

D
D
I know it's part of the consequences of what she did,

Yes.

I do believe that her anger with you has more to do with her poor choice than ANYTHING you did.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
Page 26 of 36 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 35 36

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation