Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 97 of 160 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 159 160
C
C
Yeah SD. I agree with the others. We've all been there, but sometimes I just want to shake you and tell you to kick that broad to the curb. Enough is Enuf.

Not trying to be mean. I think we all want to end each other's pain and protect each other around here.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
OP Offline
S
sometimes I just want to shake you and tell you to kick that broad to the curb.

I know you aren't the only one.

I'm ready to be done with the marriage. So that I can at least look around and see what moving on might feel like.

A few minutes ago I took a couple of roses from my yard to one of my colleagues I don't really know--I just pass her in the hallway occasionally. It's not a big deal--I bring roses to my other female colleagues semi-regularly, but this is the first time I've brought any to someone I didn't really know (and someone who catches my attention when they walk past).

I don't pine for the SCQ, but I still long for it to be the way I think it should be. I haven't finished struggling with God. Not all the way, anyway. Sometimes I need BR to thump me with the Hammer of Acceptance.

C
C
Sometimes I need BR to thump me with the Hammer of Acceptance

Well if that's all it takes:

WHAP

Last edited by chrisner; 07/16/08 02:25 PM. Reason: Ages three and up! It's on my box! Ages three and up! I'm not supposed to be babysitting Princess Drool!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
W
W
Yeah SD. I agree with the others. We've all been there, but sometimes I just want to shake you and tell you to kick that broad to the curb.

Oh, sorry. I thought Chai was talking about BR in the quote above, then I see further below that SD ASKED for her to knock him with the Hammer of Acceptance. crazy

Good lord, you must LIKE the pain, SD.

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
Yer funny, Foxy.

I don't see where I ASKED for it, just mused that sometimes it seems to be called for, or maybe appropriate.

That sometimes I am stubborn and thick-headed. I certainly don't know anyone else like that.

C
C
Originally Posted by wildhorses74
[quote] Good lord, you must LIKE the pain, SD.

Fox,

Is that what they call sadomasochism?

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
S
I'd be happy to smack you upside da head when you need it, Guy. After all, that's what friends are for! Abusive friends, but friends- no less. grin

Oh, and I'm tellin Foxy you eluded to her stubbornness (nah na nah na boo boo)

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
OP Offline
S
I've been kind of counting on you guys for that.

I get DD5 tonight. I'm thinking about taking her to extended hours at the zoo.

B
B
Hey!!

What's the big idea of all of this whacking going on without ME??

I wanna give you a shot up side the head, too!!! PLLEEAASSE??

Take heart, dear friend, that we love you enough to resort to violence as necessary!!

Hope you have fun at the zoo. Watch out for waywards throwing their poo at you,,,,,,,,,OOPS, I mean monkies! It's so easy to confuse the 2.

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
OP Offline
S
DS8 didn't want us to go to the zoo without him, so we're holding off on that til tomorrow. Now I'm thinking about going bike shopping. For a pink one with tassles coming off the handlebars.

On the way home DD5 told me she told the SCQ that POSOM is a bad guy (this after a discussion of smoking being bad for you, that neither of us will ever smoke, the POSOM smokes and is thus dumb). I'm sure that went over well.

B
B
Now I'm thinking about going bike shopping. For a pink one with tassles coming off the handlebars.

Is that for YOU or for DD?? laugh

My first one was purple with tassles!!

she told the SCQ that POSOM is a bad guy (this after a discussion of smoking being bad for you, that neither of us will ever smoke, the POSOM smokes and is thus dumb). I'm sure that went over well.

Out of the mouths of babes,,,,,

And I'm sure that the smoking was not the only reason she told SCQ that, but it was one that was ok for her to use to state her feelings. Good for her!

Just smile. You are raising good kids. SCQ will just have to deal with that, even when it smacks her in the face. You didn't set it up, she spoke from her heart,,,, from her own 'truth' and that's a good thing.

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
S
I'm sure that went over well.

Yup, just like a turd in a punchbowl.

As for this...

Now I'm thinking about going bike shopping. For a pink one with tassles coming off the handlebars.

It's a little girlie, but I suppose you can pull it off, being OLD and of feeble mind and all... crazy

Good luck on that one.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
OP Offline
S
We found a pink bicycle with tassles on the handles (thus fulfilling the requirements) at the first store, and DD5 declared it to be perfect and just the one she wanted. Alas, there were no pink bicycles in my size, nor any with tassled handlebars.

Got an email from the SCQ about kid exchanges this weekend. All very businesslike.

W
W
That sometimes I am stubborn and thick-headed. I certainly don't know anyone else like that.

I know! But we love chrisner anyway, so we'll overlook it for you, too.

Fox

grin

J
J
Now wait.. I thought stubborn and thick headed was a requirement for being part of this club..

I mean.. for real, who takes promises/vows/relationships seriously these days.. it's like high school.. flitting from one to the other in society anymore.. Marriage just means you can have joint bank accounts and fight over them later..

Stupid stubborn, thick headed us's....

well.. better than evil robot us's I suppose...

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
C
C
It's time for your medication James.

Last edited by chrisner; 07/17/08 10:20 AM. Reason: Don't mind her. She's still upset because somebody dropped a house on her sister.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
better than evil robot us's I suppose...

I dunno; I'd probably look pretty hot with metal legs...

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
OP Offline
S
I'd probably look pretty hot with metal legs...
I started working on this as a mental image and got bogged down somewhere. Like trying to calculate the square root of negative 1.

S
S
I would look pretty hot with metal legs AS LONG AS everybody were evil robots. Is that better Guy? Hmmmmm?

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
Google a guy named Hajime Sorayama (he's not Hungarian) to get the "picture".

Last edited by chrisner; 07/17/08 12:14 PM. Reason: I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos.

Page 97 of 160 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 672 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation