Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 98 of 160 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 159 160
S
OP Offline
S
BLOCKED by my corporate filter!

Okay, I think I'm getting the idea.

S
S
Apparently, his robots were like that shown on the cover of the album "Just Push Play" by Aerosmith.

Last edited by silentlucidity; 07/17/08 01:00 PM. Reason: aparently, I cannot spell apParently

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
He did that album cover.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
Oh, I thought he just INSPIRED it. Cool beans. Yup, that's what I would look like if I HAD to become an evil robot. a HOT evil robot. DS would be a cool smaller version of said robot. We would be the evil cool robot family; and we would eat robot food and live in a robotic house, with our robotic terrier and greyhound. Oh, and my robot cat. Wait, what was I talking about.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
OP Offline
S
You've put a lot of thought into the evil robot thing, I see. Me, I trend toward mad scientist/evil genius thinking.

It's all good, though, because mad scientists and evil robots go together like gin and tonic.

C
C
BLOCKED by my corporate filter!

You can make controlled substances in your lab but can't google up a robot?

Last edited by chrisner; 07/17/08 02:11 PM. Reason: I'm picking out a Thermos for you. Not an ordinary Thermos for you. But the extra best Thermos that you can buy, with vinyl and stripes and a cup built right in.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
I'm sure there's a policy against that sort of thing, but it's harder to enforce than screening out anything tagged as ADULT content from the corporate web.

Besides, what happens in the lab stays in the lab. Unless it doesn't.

Last edited by sdguy038; 07/17/08 02:16 PM. Reason: If he'd just pay me what he's spending to make me stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.
S
S
What's he building in there?

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
OP Offline
S
A giant wooden badger

J
J
Originally Posted by sdguy038
A giant wooden badger

Defeat at Skank Castle seems to have utterly disheartened King Smiley. The ferocity of the French taunting took him completely by surprise, and Smiley became convinced that a new strategy was required if the quest for the Sippy Cup were to be brought to a successful conclusion. Guy, having consulted his closest Amigos, decided that they should separate, and search for the Cup individually. Now, this is what they did--

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
OP Offline
S
LOL.

Ooh, ooh, can I be Lancelot?

No, wait. Galahad. What was I thinking there?

C
C
Sorry Dude, you’re still married.

I dibs the Castle Anthrax.

Wicked Zoot!!

Last edited by chrisner; 07/18/08 12:03 PM. Reason: Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that.

S
S
Y'all are nerds.

Anyway, if we are picking characters, I'd like to nominate PWC as Sir Robin, for he ran away.

Last edited by silentlucidity; 07/18/08 12:04 PM. Reason: Bravely taking to his feet, he beat a very brave retreat. A brave retreat by brave Sir Robin.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
I'd like to nominate PWC as Sir Robin, for he ran away.

Nope. Won't fly. Sir Robin "bravely" ran away. Soiled his armor, sure. But he "bravely" ran away.

Last edited by chrisner; 07/18/08 12:07 PM. Reason: Ah yes. I have my temporary driver's license - and - my astronaut application form... I didn't pass that though, I failed everything but the date of birth.

S
S
Sir Robin "bravely" ran away

Ah, yes, I see your point. I guess he'll have to be the dead man on the cart.

Last edited by silentlucidity; 07/18/08 12:08 PM. Reason: I'm not dead yet.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
Maybe one of the background Knights Who Say Ni. They were kinda wishy washy too.

Last edited by chrisner; 07/18/08 12:13 PM. Reason: Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!

S
OP Offline
S
Sorry Dude, you’re still married.

Damn. I guess I have to be Tim the Enchanter. A loner out on a mountain making things explode.

V
V
"There are some who call me...Tim?"

Last edited by Esprit; 07/18/08 02:38 PM. Reason: She turned me into a newt. A newt? Well, I got better. Burn her anyway!

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
S
OP Offline
S
Another Monday.

I had a good time with the kids over the weekend. DS8 went off with a friend yesterday, and DD5 got to play with some of the other little girls on the block, including having them into our house.

I had casually discussed the girls playing together with the mom ("Yeah, we'll be around--maybe the girls can play together") and then mentioned this to DD5, who heard it as a play-date. "It'll be my very first play-date," she said, and it made me cringe.

That she could already be this old not having had a play-date was uncomfortable. She plays with other kids at day-care all day long, so the at-home time has been more with us. Plus, our kids seem like the only ones on the block with two working parents, which seemed to put up a barrier between our kids and the neighborhood kids. Now the whole sometimes-they're-here-sometimes-they-aren't also feels like a barrier, but that may be more in my mind. Play-dates is one more thing I (as a single dad) am not very comfortable dealing with, but it's not like the SCQ was any good at it either.

Anyway, DD5 had a great time with the girls. She had lots of the activities planned out in her head, and the other girls (two of whom were a couple of years older) let her be the social director. It was pretty cute to watch--especially how much more confident she was once she got on her home turf. It tells me I need to do more of this.

I had a hard time getting engaged with the world this morning. Probably didn't get enough sleep.

ETA: Oh yeah. I had to suffer through the kids telling me that they helped POSOM move in to his "new house" on Saturday. Barf-o-Rama. Finally, I slipped and said "It's not new. It's the one he kicked his wife out of." A true comment, to be sure, but I can hear my IC asking me "and how do you think this helps the kids?"

Waywards disgust me.

Last edited by sdguy038; 07/21/08 07:22 PM.
B
B
You are a great dad, SDGuy. Don't be so hard on yourself. I always felt guilty when my son was almost 7 and didn't know how to play baseball.

Your girls have a loving father and they will do just fine.

Page 98 of 160 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 672 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation