Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
P
That woman had no realtionship with God in the first place, she was the stereotypical hypocrite. All show for the crowd on Sunday to relieve her guilt, and as soon as 12:00PM hit, it was back to debauchery for the week.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
Mike_C2 #2108609 08/12/08 01:07 PM
A
A
Originally Posted by Mike_C2
Well...Update: Mikey pussies out.
Hah! I was giving three to one you would. Becasue I knew you would eventually do the right thing for your family (and her.)

Oh, this was powerful for a very religious person -- "I know now I'll never get into heaven". Seriously. Damn. I'm glad I worship The Golden Calf, he's very forgiving.
$$$ buy a lot of forgiveness do they? I am now quoting 10 to 1 your wife gets to heaven before you do, adultery and all.

I didn't have the heart to say no. Certainly gave me hope for an exit from withdrawal.

I told her we have to have a family meeting tonite and she has to make it right and open up to her feelings, etc

Frankly....I was starting to fear long term damage to her relationship with our kids, so probably time to consider that.

Rule is she sleeps in the basement, only comes up for filthy, degrading sex acts. heh. Bet that gets censored.

Well, the ride begins....I'm scheduling with Harley now....probably try Jennifer.
All good and the way it will likely play out. But you have some changes to make too, don't forget. You ought to know all this up front, being an MB grad cum laude.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts.
Mucho welcome. You can have a lot more, too.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
Aphelion #2108658 08/12/08 02:07 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by Aphelion
$$$ buy a lot of forgiveness do they? I am now quoting 10 to 1 your wife gets to heaven before you do, adultery and all.

Not according to the rules.

orinthians 6:9
Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, [b]or adulterers
r effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men,

Hebrews 13:4
Let marriage be had in honor among all, and let the bed be undefiled: for fornicators and adulterers God will judge. [/b]

Show her these for a good start.

And my favorite.

Luke 12:58
When you are on the way to court with your accuser, try to settle the matter before you get there. Otherwise, your accuser may drag you before the judge, who will hand you over to an officer, who will throw you into prison.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
B
B
Originally Posted by Greengables
I don't know. If it were me, it would matter a lot in the long run why my spouse returned. It would also matter a lot that for most of the marriage my spouse has been withdrawn, and that I'd applied the MB principles with little result.

Well You're divorced now and I'm still married, very happily married 3 years into recovery. My wife HATED me when she returned. SO I guess I could have pouted and been pizzed off with her and gotten a divorce too because she did not fit what some consider essential to try and recover their marriage.

Like I said - it's not enough in the long run but it's good enough for a start and a shot at recovery as long as there is NC and a commitment to rebuild. That is plenty enough.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
Pariah #2108989 08/13/08 02:47 AM
B
B
Originally Posted by Pariah
Not according to the rules.

Oh Pariah - I never realised Adultery and fornication and effeminate was the unforgivable sin!

Whoops - that's more than ONE unforgivable sin.

Seriously Pariah - are you saying that God will not forgive an adulteror? Sure UNREPENTANT adulterors are in trouble but a repentant one is forgiven just like you are for your sins.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
bigkahuna #2109043 08/13/08 07:55 AM
F
F
BK - well said.

Besides, the "issue of the moment" is not his wife's relationship with God, it is the adultery and his lack of a relationship with God (can't get much more "lacking" than being an atheist who doesn't even believe God exists). Therefore the "eternal state of her soul" is NOT "in play" here for any reason other that to "beat up" on the Wayward Wife. Likewise, USING the pastor to "God-talk" to her is just another means of manipulation through the use of something he doesn't believe in.

He needs to decide if he wishes to remain married or not.

Once that decision is made, then he need to be honest enough with himself to DO what either decision requires of him in order to successfully divorce or rebuild a marriage through true forgiveness and NOT "dominance."

Pariah #2109045 08/13/08 07:57 AM
M
M
"""That woman had no realtionship with God in the first place,"""

Great, I can take him off the suspect's list.

:-)

Mike_C2 #2109052 08/13/08 08:06 AM
M
M

Alright all the bible thumpers outta my thread!

Okay, so she came back last night, family meeting, very emotional makeup sex, going to begin Harley, she's still sleeping downstairs cuz I say, being very lovely, that's the headline news.

Mike_C2 #2109061 08/13/08 08:17 AM
F
F
In deference to your very disrespectful statement to people who may believe differently than you but who are sincerely interested in trying to provide you some help in your situtation....I accede to your wishes as one of those you don't like.

Good luck Mike.

P.S. Mike, when someone is drowning and flailing around, just how "picky" are they when someone on the solid shore who might hold differing spiritual beliefs tosses them a lifering or reaches out to them with a pole to help them get out of the water? My guess is that you would toss the ring back and bat the pole away from you and say something very cool like, "'no thumpers' thank you very much!"

Last edited by ForeverHers; 08/13/08 08:51 AM. Reason: edited to add a final P.S.
Mike_C2 #2109066 08/13/08 08:22 AM
S
S
Mike,

I have just finished reading your threads again with great interest. I read them again because you have said that you have practised MB principles in your M for years. It is a good thing that you made that statement because your words and actions would have never given that away. Cuz I say. What a MB statement!

That said, I will now bow out cause I fit the Bible thumpers description and you obviously don't want anyone or anything to interfere with your great wisdom and pride in handling this unfortunate situation.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
Mike_C2 #2109075 08/13/08 08:33 AM
T
T
very emotional makeup sex

Dude,

I'd recommend that she get tested for STD's before you start banging her again...

BH(me): 40ish
FWW:(ILMH) 28yo
DS 3yo
Married 7yrs
Together 10 yrs

??? Spring '07 - Adultery Begins
8/25/07 - 1st D-day (week of our anniv.)
8/07 thru 5/08 - About a dozen D-days/Gaslighting/Flaunting/Fake Recoveries

She finally quit on...

1/1/08 - First real NC attempt(Maybe?)
3/1/08 - Told me OM is an A**hole.(Hope?)
5/3/08 - D-day (Admitted to PA once)
5/4/08 - Latest D-day(Finally confessed to multiple EA/PA in our home)
5/8/08 - Present
Struggling to hold on

Mike_C2 #2109130 08/13/08 09:34 AM
L
L
I'm reminded of a story that I read over thirty years ago so I went looking.

If you Google this: Eight Cow Wife Patricia McGerr, I would be interested to read your thoughts about the story.

This is the first paragraph:
My trip to the Kiniwata Island in the Pacific was a memorable one. Although the island was beautiful and I had an enjoyable time, the thing I remember most about my trip was the fact "Johnny Lingo gave eight cows for his wife." I’m reminded of it every time I see a woman belittle her husband or a wife wither under her husband’s scorn. I want to say to them, "You should know why Johnny Lingo gave eight cows for his wife."

Last edited by LovingBoundaries; 08/13/08 09:40 AM. Reason: To add first paragraph of the story
T
T
mikec

Seems to be enjoying way to much how he is able to rub WW's affair in her face.

One thing to be angry, hurt, or whatever. Another to be harsh for the enjoyment to inflict revenge pain.

TheRoad #2109199 08/13/08 10:49 AM
M
M

TheRoad,

you are right. I need to be conscious of that. I know she is the one that really needs the attention and I need to change.

that said, it is 5 days since d-day, I have already caved and let her back in, and it is intoxicating to have attention and concern from her ofr the first time in 15 years. So, I'm at fault, and I'll try to change.

M
M

ForeverHers,

I want to dialogue with you and I think your spitirtuality is very misquided. Have you read the Koran? We have a different take on marriage and man/woman relationships. Come to my side and culture and ignore your own mores and beliefs.

Mike_C2 #2109341 08/13/08 01:24 PM
F
F
ForeverHers,

I want to dialogue with you and I think your spitirtuality is very misquided. Have you read the Koran? We have a different take on marriage and man/woman relationships. Come to my side and culture and ignore your own mores and beliefs.

Mike, your sarcasm is rather hollow for a self-professed "closet atheist." No Koran for you, no anything with any "god" in it.

Now I thought you wanted people who believe in Christ to vacate your thread, so why bother with the baiting?

Ya, I know, you're mad, you're angry, you feel justified in doing whatever you want to do in response, like using your wife and the pastor to get you something you want even though you don't believe a thing that their faith might believe. Those of us who have worked through the stage you find yourself in understand, and you are forgiven.

Continued wishes for good luck with your recovery efforts, if you decide on recovery, Mike.

A
A
Originally Posted by ForeverHers
the "issue of the moment" is... ....his lack of a relationship with God (can't get much more "lacking" than being an atheist who doesn't even believe God exists).

Why is this the "issue of the moment"??? Are you saying that people who don't agree with your religious beliefs cannot save their marriages?

AGG

bigkahuna #2109442 08/13/08 02:54 PM
G
G
Originally Posted By: GreengablesI don't know. If it were me, it would matter a lot in the long run why my spouse returned. It would also matter a lot that for most of the marriage my spouse has been withdrawn, and that I'd applied the MB principles with little result.

Well You're divorced now and I'm still married, very happily married 3 years into recovery. My wife HATED me when she returned. SO I guess I could have pouted and been pizzed off with her and gotten a divorce too because she did not fit what some consider essential to try and recover their marriage.

Like I said - it's not enough in the long run but it's good enough for a start and a shot at recovery as long as there is NC and a commitment to rebuild. That is plenty enough.

BK, I'm not sure the point of your post.

My post was what would work for me if I were in MC's shoes, and I had been implementing MB principles for 8 years and found out that my spouse had had an affair. It's not for everyone, as it obviously wasn't for you. It may not be for MC2.

I'm pretty sure you don't know my marital background beyond my sig line. Just so you know, I worked with Steve Harley for over two years before divorcing my H. I certianly didn't sit and pout or try to harm my then H, and I wouldn't recommend that course of action for anyone.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
Mike_C2 #2109451 08/13/08 03:07 PM
G
G
Mike, please consider reframing your decision to welcome your wife back into the home. Saying that you're pussying out, caving in, etc shows your action in the worst possible light.

Do you not respect the decision you made? Do you believe you made this decision in real weakness or in stregnth?

Personally, I think the cowardly decision is to cut all ties and go full-throttle divorce. Sure, it's painful, but it keeps all the control in your own hands.

By welcoming your wife back, you continue a relationship, and that takes courage. In a relationship, no one person is in control of the relationship. This is an act of goodness, not whimpiness.

If I were you, I'd seriously reconsider the sleep on the couch edict. There is something tacky about asking a woman you've just had sex with to sleep somewhere else. Granted she was tacky first, and her tack score is still higher than yours. Still, either sleep with her or not scr*w her.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
Mike_C2 #2109453 08/13/08 03:12 PM
Another atheist! Thank God! hurray

Alright all the bible thumpers outta my thread!

I ac2ally thought this was pretty funny. My W would have as well, even back before we got M'd and she called herself a "Jesus Freak" (I don't think the term 'thumper had been invented at the time).

These days, she considers herself an agnostic, and I've said elsewhere I consider myself an atheologist (a term I made up and am rather proud of).

On 2 the subject at hand, though.

I'm again heartened by your allowing your W 2 come home, where you'll be better able 2 plan A her and get recovery going.

You do realize, don't you, that you're one of the rare sitches here where the WS has "quit the A" upon discovery? Granted, you pushed pretty hard, which was a risk worth taking in this case (because it appears 2 have paid off).

Now is the time, though, 2 follow the MB plans 2 a T, and entice your W back, fully, 2 the M so recovery can get started.

best,
-ol' 2long

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 277 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation