Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 104 of 160 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 159 160
C
C
could they toss the TOS for a couple of minutes?

S
S
lashes
Allright, that giant purple head thing just freaks me the he11 out

It's a GIANT PURPLE PEOPLE EATER!!! :MrEEk:

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B
Ok, I'm late AGAIN and working backwards -

Yes, FREAKED out by this lashes, too!

Naughty bits,,,,hmmm took me a few posts to figure out that wasn't a new dog treat or an item from the adult toy store! blush

So it's really cool once you get past all the divorce garbage. Hang in there.

There are definately cool things - but I have a feeling BC and I are thinking different things here!

Seriously, though, you probably have developed a "bubble" around yourself without realizing it. Giving off the "not available" vibes, or staying away from places that hold the potential of meeting someone

I was SO releaved to read this!! I gotta tell you guys, I haven't been asked out ONCE. Not ONCE. I know I'm not fugly so I was really starting to wonder just what the deal was! I'm going to take this statement as True, or I'll have to go back to worrying what is wrong with me!!

I have heard from a, um, friend how intoxicating it is just to engage in witty banter on a date. What a concept
I can hardly wait to find this one out for myself!

I guess what I'm saying SD is that you aren't alone. It's all good. Right thing will happen at the right time. Better than the wrong thing at the right time or the right thing at the wrong time or generally something going terribly arry and you end up in Vegas with a new spouse & no idea how you got there!! ha!!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
B
B
Originally Posted by silentlucidity
lashes
Allright, that giant purple head thing just freaks me the he11 out

It's a GIANT PURPLE PEOPLE EATER!!! :MrEEk:

Now you're on the right track

FREAK!!!

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
W
W
Originally Posted by Fox
Seriously, though, you probably have developed a "bubble" around yourself without realizing it. Giving off the "not available" vibes, or staying away from places that hold the potential of meeting someone

Originally Posted by Bugsy
I was SO releaved to read this!! I gotta tell you guys, I haven't been asked out ONCE. Not ONCE. I know I'm not fugly so I was really starting to wonder just what the deal was! I'm going to take this statement as True, or I'll have to go back to worrying what is wrong with me!!

Don't ever worry about what is wrong with you! I think the BS continues life as it was prior to the A in terms of where they go, how they interact with others, and do not display 'open to a relationship' body language.

I work at the front desk at my office and there are times that I KNOW I shut down - especially if I think someone is attractive, becuase I'm not ready.

I will go through the necessary pleasantries and then look back at my computer and continue typing - closing them off.

They are not really given the opportunity to continue if they wanted to.

I don't really go to any social events, and any that do come about I either choose not to go because I don't have a spouse or DDs go with me. Bringing two teenagers who stick close with you, does not provide any opportunity either. KWIM?

And......I'm not sure I completely believe that you have NEVER been asked out. Exactly WHO is Mr. MCD?

/tj

Fox

J
J
Yeah.. the bubble thing I can relate to..

The band thing makes it tough though to keep the persistent from wielding stickpins in my direction though..

Still.. I've been a good boy.. there's been nibbles on the hook but I'm not baiting..

Oh FFS.. if that isn't asking for it.. but best analogy I can come up with for the moment.

Bring it on.. I can take it.

Last edited by Jamesus; 08/13/08 02:09 PM.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
B
B
so you're saying you're NOT a master baiter? skeptical

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
S
S
Originally Posted by secret cajun man cool
so you're saying you're NOT a master baiter?

I am surprised that men can get any work done; I'm scatterbrained, that's my excuse. :crosseyedcrazy:

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B
My 0oh my!

Originally Posted By: secret cajun man so you're saying you're NOT a master baiter?

I am surprised that men can get any work done; I'm scatterbrained, that's my excuse.

Master baiter? Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are! I gave up giving reasons for not getting work done! ha!

tj/Fox - MCD is my large, good looking co-worker who came to Ladybugs softball game with me & who just sent her a concert t-shirt.

As far as the bubble or the shutting people out, I suppose you all are right. I'm not going to worry about it (for now).

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the clarification, Bugs, but I think Fox's point was something along the lines of "are you sure that you weren't being asked out?" or "what makes you think you weren't asked out?" or the like.

J
J
Originally Posted by BetrayedCajun
so you're saying you're NOT a master baiter? skeptical

Well.. they say that 90% of men are.. and the rest are liars.

whistle dance2

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
W
W
Thanks for the clarification, Bugs, but I think Fox's point was something along the lines of "are you sure that you weren't being asked out?" or "what makes you think you weren't asked out?" or the like.

Exactly.

Bugs, do you have to be bit on the butt or something? Maybe you are just unaware of the SIGNS of someone being interested.

Not many have the confidence to walk up and tell you how attractive they think you are and ask you on a date.

It's subtle. Like a dance. dance2

A little more subtle than that, I think.

Right, guys? I think I'm right. Yeah, I'm right. Aren't I?
:2X4:

Fox

Last edited by wildhorses74; 08/14/08 09:03 AM. Reason: HEY!!! How come 2x4 guy isn't working?!
S
OP Offline
S
Not many have the confidence to walk up and tell you how attractive they think you are and ask you on a date.
Can you actually do that? That sounds kind of scary. I mean, what if she's got a boyfriend or is married or hates men or just isn't plain interested? Because then she would have to shoot you down, and there might be bad feelings about it, and no one wants that.

Safer to be all stealthy. Right?

Not that I've dated in the last 20 years, so what the hell do I know?

W
W
I sure in the heck couldn't do it.

There are times that it's good to be the woman. flirt

I know I couldn't handle all that pressure.

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
My lawyer tells me the draft MSA is in, so I will pick it up from him this afternoon. Something like 50 pages, he says. What a treat that will be to read.

My mom tells me she was talking with DS8 the other night about the separation versus divorce thing and commenting that soon the divorce would be complete. DS8 told her that he didn't think so, that we all have a plan that involves her coming home. Mom corrected him, but it's another conversation I need to have.

The reality, of course, is that the divorce being finalized won't make any difference for the kids. They've been living this way for a year and a half, but putting the divorce title on the whole thing is going to be a big blow for DS8, I'm afraid.

I've been meaning to find a counselor for him for over a year but haven't done it. As soon as I finish this, I'm going to do it.

sigh

C
C
Originally Posted by SD
They've been living this way for a year and a half

That's over 30% of DD5's lifetime. She will probably have no memory of the family together in a couple years.

Originally Posted by SD
DS8 told her that he didn't think so, that we all have a plan that involves her coming home.

It looks like that is another conversation. Poor kid.

What a treat that will be to read.

Yep, they sure are. Read EVERY word.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
W
W
Yep, they sure are. Read EVERY word.

Yep, at least TWICE.

Don't let her get away with any shenanigans!

Fox

C
C
Who gets the autoclave and the talking TV?

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
She's had the talking TV for some time now. My first session of retail therapy was for a replacement.

I've still got the autoclave in the garage next to all my saws. I'll make sure it's covered in the settlement agreement, though. Might need it for SDGuy's Holistic Therapy Retreat and Shooting Range. Maybe to sterilize away any WS-remnants when we do cleanups of the range.

W
W
Originally Posted by chrisner
Who gets the autoclave and the talking TV?

What the heck are those?

Fox

Page 104 of 160 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation