Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 105 of 160 1 2 103 104 105 106 107 159 160
J
J
Oh and Guy.. I'm sure I don't have to remind you.. but make sure to be absolutely clear on who gets custody of the sippy cups.

autoclave aside.. I don't think we can just assume this..

And make twice certain your lawyer has copies for you of all of SCQ's domestic work instructions. Heavens know we guys are all hand tools and caulking guns around the house..

PULL!

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
OP Offline
S
Who gets the autoclave and the talking TV?
The autoclave is from the Sipply Cup Cleansing Exercise. The TV is a reference to the time I was trying to go to sleep and could hear the SCQ talking to POSOM on the cell phone downstairs (didn't even have the decency to pretend to go for walks anymore) and I went downstairs and told her I could hear her talking and she said "I was talking to the TV." I guess I should enter that in the list of all-time classic FogTalk responses.

Good suggestion on things to look for, James. I'm going to scour it to make sure she hasn't introduced any additional language on what can be said to the children.

C
C
Originally Posted by Alzheimer SD
I guess I should enter that in the list of all-time classic FogTalk responses.

You did that Dude. That's why I know about it. You are getting old.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
Ouch.

S
S
The mind is a terrible thing to waste. OF course, I can't even remember what I had for breakfast.

Oh, wait, yes I can, it was Oatmeal.

Nevermind. YOu are getting old. stickout

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
OP Offline
S
I've been feeling crappy for several days now for no particular reason, which makes me think it must be related to the MSA document. The document itself is fine--there are no surprises, but the fact that it is here. I think that I can tell myself all I want that I am ready to be divorced, but it is still Not What I Want.

I think I am again Fighting Against What Is, bringing on depression and making myself miserable. Or maybe I am only Really, Seriously Pissed Off About What Is. Not sure. Maybe it doesn't matter. I'm also acutely aware of something being missing.

DD5 is starting soccer. I didn't know the coach but told him via email that I could help him out at practices if he needed an extra hand. Then I found out that all the practices will be on Tuesdays, which is the SCQ's day, at which point I took back my offer (and explained why). I mentioned this to my day-care provider yesterday (I guess I put it terms of "and now I can't"), and it made her so sad that she pulled me aside today to talk about it.

I think she just wanted to encourage me to go to the practices if I wanted to--that I shouldn't feel like I couldn't go. And that's not how I feel--I am choosing not to go because I don't want to be near the SCQ, but this is a really stupid way to live. And an even stupider way to raise children.

So then I'm back to wondering what I was wondering the other day, whether I should just give up and try to be friendly to the SCQ, or at least cordial. Sometimes I think I could do that and that it would be easier, but at the moment I'm so full of anger and unsaid things that I don't think I could.

Then I get this email from the SCQ. At first, my response was white-hot anger and thinking that I would need to Xanax up for the night, but I've calmed down quite a bit. The last line is the most offensive.

The kindergarten parents only meeting is tomorrow 6:30-7:30p. I will be going which doesn't mean you cannot go. But if you cannot go I will give you any information they provide if you want.

If you get the phone call about how to access the kids classroom lists online can you please send me that information on Thursday night.

You can take the kids on Friday 10a to see their classrooms and sign them up for PTA, buy school shirts, milk and lunch sign up, and whatever else they need to sign up for. For the phone directory can you get a second one please or send a form with the kids for me to take care of. If something comes up and you cannot do this let me know. Let me know how much you spend on all this so that we can split the cost. It is fine if you want to subtract if it from child support for September.

I've purchased school supplies for DS8 to take to school based on the list that was provided at the end of 3rd grade.Don't know if you kept a copy of the list but it is suggested that he have a protractor and compass for homework this year.. The compass I have for him takes a regular pencil instead of adding special lead to the compass, JFYI. For DD5 I have some things her but since there isn't a list yet I was guessing (pencil box, pencils, markers, colored pencils) and only got a few things.

For the parents meeting on 8/28 5:30-7:30 I again will be going and that doesn't mean you cannot go. But if you cannot go I will give you any information they provide if you want.

For the first day of school I will take them but if you wanted to see them too we could meet near the school and depending on what they are planning on Monday for DD5 (I thought I saw something about parents/student meetings but we will probably find out tomorrow) you could take her to her class and I could walk with DS8 to the back for his.

I'm trying to be reasonable with this. We should be able to do things like this that involve our children.

I think that this is as reasonable as a WS can be. I'm interested in opinions. Especially yours, Schoolbus, in case you ever wander back onto my thread.

The last line makes me want to unload on her. puke

"Or what? You'll threaten to reduce my time with our children again?"

or

"We wouldn't have to worry about this kind of coordination if you weren't such a shallow, pathetic excuse for a mother."

L
L
hey SDGuy,
I used to keep up with your thread, but the farm is taking up my MB time smile

I just caught up as far as the sh*tty email from stbxww. I have an x and I remember it took me a couple of years after seperation for me to really be able to stand being around him. Dont know if that helps you or not, guess it all goes back to that time thing, as far as advice goes, it bites.

I never did get a chance to thank you for what you said to me when I started plan B. I didnt really want to hear it but it sunk in anyway. You did encourage me despite myself.

I also wanted to say that over the last 5 months, your thread has made me smile more than any other single thread.I have even laughed out loud occasionally. You really do have the gift of humour. When you feel the time is right to find someone, its something they will apprieciate. I have always thought a a sense of humour is a vastly underrated gift.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you, and feeling for you.

lil

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
W
W
I've been feeling crappy for several days now for no particular reason

Me, too. grumble

I think I'll run away to Belize for awhile. pray

Or maybe not.

I think she just wanted to encourage me to go to the practices if I wanted to--that I shouldn't feel like I couldn't go. And that's not how I feel--I am choosing not to go because I don't want to be near the SCQ, but this is a really stupid way to live. And an even stupider way to raise children.

Yes, it is. But it isn't one that YOU have chosen.

I, personally, would go and enjoy it. To do otherwise takes away from the quality of your relationship with your child.

SCQ is wallpaper. You don't have to interact with wallpaper just because it hangs on the walls in the room you are in.

I would not be open to friendly co-parenting. Yes, it is the "easy" way. However, the easy way is not always the right way.

With such young kids and so much interaction necessary, IMHO, I would be tempted to co-parent in closer proximity than what has been happening.

I wouldn't email her back and forth, I wouldn't provide information from meetings, emails from school, etc, and I wouldn't ask for them from her.

You both know how to contact the school and make sure both names are given so information is sent to each of you.

WxH and I both get all information from the school. He knows when meetings are and if he does not attend, he does not get the information.

I would respond to the email only with facts. You don't need to tell her if you are attending meetings or not - you don't answer to her.

Originally Posted by SCQ
The kindergarten parents only meeting is tomorrow 6:30-7:30p. I will be going which doesn't mean you cannot go. But if you cannot go I will give you any information they provide if you want.

If you get the phone call about how to access the kids classroom lists online can you please send me that information on Thursday night.

You can take the kids on Friday 10a to see their classrooms and sign them up for PTA, buy school shirts, milk and lunch sign up, and whatever else they need to sign up for. For the phone directory can you get a second one please or send a form with the kids for me to take care of. If something comes up and you cannot do this let me know. Let me know how much you spend on all this so that we can split the cost. It is fine if you want to subtract if it from child support for September.

(sdguy, is Friday your day. Your response may vary if it is not your day and she is offering to give it to you. If it IS your day, don't respond. You are DAD, you can take care of this day without SCQ's guidance. If it is not your day and you would like to take them, tell her that you would like to take them and make arrangements to do so. DO NOT RESPOND TO THE REST OF THIS PARAGRAPH. You can each get your own information from the school. You take care of you and she can take care of herself.

I've purchased school supplies for DS8 to take to school based on the list that was provided at the end of 3rd grade.Don't know if you kept a copy of the list but it is suggested that he have a protractor and compass for homework this year.. The compass I have for him takes a regular pencil instead of adding special lead to the compass, JFYI. For DD5 I have some things her but since there isn't a list yet I was guessing (pencil box, pencils, markers, colored pencils) and only got a few things.

sdguy: No response necessary to this paragraph.

For the parents meeting on 8/28 5:30-7:30 I again will be going and that doesn't mean you cannot go. But if you cannot go I will give you any information they provide if you want.

Don't respond to this paragraph. Go to the meeting or get the information from somewhere else.

For the first day of school I will take them but if you wanted to see them too we could meet near the school and depending on what they are planning on Monday for DD5 (I thought I saw something about parents/student meetings but we will probably find out tomorrow) you could take her to her class and I could walk with DS8 to the back for his.

sdguy: Who's day is this? If your day, decline the offer. You are DAD and can handle this. If she wants to be involved she can show up. If it is not your day and you want to be there, make arrangements to do so. NO EMOTIONS.

I'm trying to be reasonable with this. We should be able to do things like this that involve our children.

sdguy: This is bait. Don't bite. naughty

My take in red.

I also know that it is hard to keep the rant2 reined in.

There are very few times now that I want to let the team of rant2 rant2 :twobyfour: rant2 rant2 :twobyfour: loose.

Stoopid waywards.

hugGuy Smiley hug

Fox

S
S
Howdy Guy,

Most of your WW's email is blahbetty blah blahing, trying to seem like she's playing nicey nice with her stbxh. No need to respond, unless, as Foxy has pointed out, the days she mentions are not your time with the kids.

As for the last line, it's just crap, ignore and vent as best you can. "Can't we all just get along?" :crosseyedcrazy:

"Um, hmmmm, well, I suppose you have a point and uh, well...

NOPE"

You get to decide when you talk to her, not the other way around. She cannot control you, just as you cannot control her, and it's prolly buggin the crap outta her. Whatev. Shake it off.

I hope you have a fantastic day, and I hope the first day of school for DD is GRRRRRREAT! WW isn't even wallpaper, IMO. She's invisible, like AIR.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
P
P
That email could have been written verbatim by my exww.

But this is the new reality you're living. In SCQ's defense she is sending you a very logistical email.

The last line was unnecessary, but it is the truth.

That being said, I can understand your feeling of wanting to let her have it. You feel anger and may just be starting to feel anger from the anger phaze which is INTENSE.

You want to unload on her for simply talking in your general direction. You'll go through this phaze and may be stuck in it for a long time.

Once you accept, you'll see emails like this and you'll start thinking of SCQ as a business partner you don't like.

I'm still struggling, 2 years after the fact, with holding back on answering her emails which are full of entitlement and preaching and flat out just wrong and accusatory info.

She picks fights via email and I've been suckered into responding.

You must avoid this.

There comes a point where you flat out don't care anymore and you scan the emails you receive to filter out the garbage and focus on what is important.

What stinks is when she witholds info that you need to know for your kids.

That's a real problem but it's all the more reason why you need to get in contact with the daycare and schools yourself. Don't rely on her for info.

By all means, you should go to the kid's practices. You're there for the kids. Your ex will become wallpaper after some time and you won't care that she's there. You'll be able to focus on your kids.

But what you're feeling is totally normal. It just takes time to work your way through the stages of grief and you're certainly stuck in the anger phaze.

It will pass.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
C
C
Go to every event of your kids you can. You can respectfully ignore her. Time goes by very fast and you should not miss any of their growing up. They grow up very fast. It's literally the "blink of an eye."

The divorce will be final very soon now and guess what? You will feel better very quickly after it is. There is a finality that comes with it. A weight will be lifted and many of the uncertainties gain obvious solutions.

Your on the stadium lap now. We will watch you finish.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
C
C
Yup!

Go to every single one of their events that you can. Doesn't matter if you take them of she does. Go for your children. Ignore her. If you must speak, be civil.

This is not about the children!

C
C
I agree SD. Your kids want you there, and they will remember that you were there. My WH was a coach, and I think it is something DD will remember always. He never missed a game, and I think that is special. Of course that was before he became an [censored].

(((SD))) I don't know how, but someday the waywards won't get under our skin as much as they do now. They'll just be gum on our shoes.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all the great comments, and especially your very kind words, Lil.

Feeling better today, if somewhat tired. No response to the email yet. She seemed to want one, as she sent me a TM last night to let me know she had sent me email. Monday (the first day of school) is her day, so I will respond and let her know I want to see the kids in the morning.

sdguy: This is bait. Don't bite.
Thanks, kettle. Belize has sounded good to me for a long time. We could always. . . *looks around for the innappropriate joking police*

You want to unload on her for simply talking in your general direction.
YES! I think I would have said for "existing," but you captured it very well.

You must avoid this.
Yeah. It's one of those things I know, but I don't always adhere to the stuff I know. Ya know? Suckered. Like when she told me to get down off my high horse, and I thought "Yes, I'm sure you would love for me to get down in the gutter with you, but I'm not going to play."

You give really good advice, POM. Every now and then when I have a bit of extra energy I venture out onto other threads to see if I can help anyone else, but I frequenly find that "POM has things under control here."

And thanks for all the encouragement to attend the practices. DD5 brought up the practice to me a couple of times last night just as something to talk about. I know she would like it if I came.

Angry phase. That sounds about right.

We will watch you finish.
It's reassuring to know you guys are all with me.

Last edited by sdguy038; 08/21/08 07:11 PM.
L
L
SD,

DD5 brought up the practice to me a couple of times last night just as something to talk about. I know she would like it if I came.

...this is the reason you would CHOOSE to go...

...tell me again, you are choosing NOT to go.....because????

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
P
P
Thanks for the kind words, SD.

Now if you and some of the others here can help me with a few BHs here who have cheating wives and no kids I'd appreciate it.

They don't seem to understand the freedom they have in front of them and how many of us BHs here would have absolutely nothing to do with our exww'es if it wasn't for our kids.

Sorry for the threadjack. I could just use some support since I'm being painted as simply being bitter that I couldn't make things work in my marriage.

But, SD, you're in the anger phaze and will want to write long emails and preach and vent to your ex.

It's a sucker play that can come back to haunt you later. Trust me. My MB posts from my freshly hurt days have come out and a crapbag lawyer has tried to use them against me.

So be careful what you respond and how to your ex. Those things can come back and bite you later.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
B
B
SD,

Go to the practices, the games, the events. Just go and to he77 with her. That was the mindset that worked for me with Ladybug this summer. I was there for HER and nothing else. It was HARD, especially at first, but it did get better. And, dare I say that it actually helped me a bit with getting my emotions under control?

Just like me, you will decide that you know that YOU are so much better than the person she is being that you have NOTHING to hide or be ashamed of, so you can put yourself out there and not be afraid, or angry or anything but Stronger in the long run! The confidence you will gain will be surprising and the potential for her to feel the SHAME that she SHOULD is greater than that.

I think it was SL that said, treat her like wallpaper. You will feel better and she will get the message loud and clear. No silly wayward acceptance from you.

The BEST part? It's your Kids that win the most from having you there. THAT is where your focus needs to be in this sitch - same with first day of school and any other event that comes up.

You have the strength, the power, and the Class to pull it off.

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
OP Offline
S
Busy morning. Dropped DD5 off at day care, then took DS8 to a dentist appointment. On the way back from the dentist (great appointment--hooray), DS8 spots the SCQ's car, only it wasn't being driven by the SCQ ("there were two people in it, and I'm pretty sure who they were"). Trigger. Breathe. Unclench.

Picked up DD5 and then off to the school open house. Determine classroom. Meet teachers. Meet some other classmates. Deal with lunch stuff (how much money to put on milk and lunch cards). Buy spirit clothing from PTA (shirt or sweatshirt, or both? what sizes?). Explain to teacher marital situation. Avoid SAHM (stay-at-home-moms)'s zooming around me at warp speed.

Now I'm exhausted.

I'm sure I forgot something (signing up for PTA?). It will be too bad if the SCQ doesn't like it.

POM, yes, I still have urges to write long emails to educate or otherwise make her feel the effects of her choices. I also know that I might as well chew out my door for being so opaque. A useful thing to do with that kind of stuff is to write it down. Write a letter that you don't send.

DD5 was telling me something last night about me going to all her baseball games, or maybe it was all her brother's baseball games, and I said "yes, and I'll come to all of your soccer games, too." She added "And practices." So, yeah, it's important to her. I'll go to some.

I got pretty good at ignoring the SCQ when she came to DS8's baseball games (except, perhaps, for the time she brought DD5 and DD5 spent most of the game with me while the SCQ text-messaged. Or the time she DIDN'T bring DD5 and I got to speculate whom she was with). I can certainly say I enjoyed more the games the SCQ didn't attend.

Last edited by sdguy038; 08/22/08 04:51 PM. Reason: I just wandered into the thread "Suzet's Virtual Shower" and found that it wasn't about what I thought it was about. Sigh.
C
C
I agree with Pom. Take any opportunity to be with the kiddos. Treat the SCQ like she's not there.

My exhusband and I attend our kids things at the same time. For the record, I was the WW (now FWW) and we didn't recover our marriage. He absolutely still hates me despite my attempts to apologize etc (which is his right).

It's really difficult for me to attend these events. They are all mostly where we used to live- and ex's extended family are all usually there or some of what used to be our close friends.
None of them talk to me- unless it's my exfather in law. I can tell it pains him to do so but he will be slightly polite. That's his choice of course and I don't blame him.

If my husband now or my MIL do not attend with me- guess what? I'm sitting all by myself. Whoever has the kids that weekend gets them to events. At my sons football games if I have DD6 with me I sit on one end of the field and he sits at the other. I don't ever stop DD6 from going to give dad a hug and he always lets her come to my side of the stands to see me.

More than once I've sat in those stands and watched my best friend of over 11 years not even glance my way- with tears coming down my face that they cannot see. (I wish some WW's would be able to read this post and see what they can look forward to.)

It hurts SCQ now or at the very least one day it will. Don't let her fool you.

Don't let her keep you away from anything to do with the kiddos.

S
OP Offline
S
Wow, CW. Your post is moving. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

For the record, I am quick to forgive. Probably too quick. Just talking about how angry I am over the past couple of days has helped dissipate the anger. I can easily imagine a day where I have forgiven her, but I don't know how long it will take to get there or whether she will ever be able to ask for that forgiveness. (I recognize that this could easily set off a semantics discussion over what is forgiveness. There's a component of forgiveness that is for me and doesn't have anything to do with her asking for it. It might better be termed letting go of my anger.)

I feel a temptation to try to put your words in front of the SCQ somehow along with the idea that "it doesn't have to be this way." Stop cringing, all of you. I know that it would be like trying to teach my cat about nuclear magnetic resonance coupling constants.

Thanks again for stopping by. Thanks to cinders, too. It's always nice to get fresh perspectives.

Page 105 of 160 1 2 103 104 105 106 107 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation