Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 106 of 160 1 2 104 105 106 107 108 159 160
L
L
SD,

DD5 was telling me something last night about me going to all her baseball games, or maybe it was all her brother's baseball games, and I said "yes, and I'll come to all of your soccer games, too." She added "And practices." So, yeah, it's important to her. I'll go to some.

I am glad to hear this, SD. It will be one less thing to regret...later!

Wow, CW. Your post is moving. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

CW, I also want you to know that I appreciated your post... offering your insight as a FWS is probably not so easy, but know that it can be very helpful for some of us.

...I know that it would be like trying to teach my cat about nuclear magnetic resonance coupling constants.

.... rotflmao I see you're getting better at conserving your energy! rotflmao

Last edited by lunamare; 08/22/08 05:48 PM.

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
C
C
I know that it would be like trying to teach my cat about nuclear magnetic resonance coupling constants.

Nuclei belonging to the same radical or to different radicals? Could make a difference to the cat.

CW, you post meant a lot to me as well. I am sure it was difficult to write that. I appreciated it very much.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
Nuclei belonging to the same radical or to different radicals?
Quickest google in the West. But be careful, amigo. Teaching is in my blood. I could teach you about coupling constants.

S
S
Originally Posted by Quantum leap Guy
Quickest google in the West. But be careful, amigo. Teaching is in my blood. I could teach you about coupling constants.

I could use a good nap... sleep

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
P
P
CW,

Wow. I hope your BH can forgive you someday and make things better for your kids.

Yes, you were a wayward. But you're a FWW and that F makes you golden in my book.

I'm sure that reading these forums must be painful at times since many of us, myself included, rant against waywards.

You're not in that category. You have earned your F and have my respect along with the other FWWes on this forum.

Your insight is very helpful.

T/J over.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
S
OP Offline
S
I could use a good nap...
Obviously someone who remembers coupling constants from their O-Chem.

But you wouldn't nap when I teach them.

Last edited by sdguy038; 08/22/08 06:43 PM. Reason: It would hurt my feelings!
S
S
Oy! Why'd you have to bring up the big O (meanwhile, in a distant land of cajun food and beer, a young man's ears start BURNING with the innate desire to type something foul...)!

I would give you my fullest attention, Guy. I'm sure you could find some way to make it interesting. (again, the cajun's radar is going off)

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
OP Offline
S
LOL. Yep, we have lit up the BC signal. I can just see him stirring. "Huh? What?"

I can hardly wait.

C
C
Sorry for the T/J, but CW - do you have a thread where we can read your story??

SD, you crack me up rotflmao

Man, I love these little critters. Bugs taught me everything I know about them.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
B
B
I don't know what ya'll are talking about

While ya'll were talking about the big O, I was strokin my club stickout

I'm completely innocent

FREAKS!!

Last edited by BetrayedCajun; 08/22/08 11:34 PM. Reason: and what makes you think it was my EARS that were burning?

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
S
OP Offline
S
So much for a relaxing weekend. The SCQ didn't get answers fast enough and snapped at me, telling me how I 'should' communicate. I took the bait and snapped back. A little, anyway, which prompted her to snap back. In the end she backed down a bit.

It's too embarrassing to post the text. I know better than to mix it up with her like this.

So now basically nothing has changed other than that I'm emotionally drained. Drained from my soul.

This whole thing sucks so much.

Tomorrow will be better.

L
L
SD,
nothing really to say.
Just....

hug hug hug

Lil

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
C
C
Wow guys. Thanks for your kind words. I really only come here to try to help so it's good to know that I do at times.

I do not have my story posted- but perhaps one day I will.

P
P
Please do, coach.

I think we sometimes get caught up on these boards with wayward bashing, but we are people and can learn from our mistakes.

Your story broke my heart, especially since I know how you feel regarding your infidelity and how you wish you could make it up to your WH and have him accept your apology.

You've risen above the mistake and are making amends as best you can.

Not to get on a religious tangent but I often think of the stories in the bible of the adulterous women that Jesus ran into. He forgave them. He didn't cast them out. He forgave them because they were sorry and repented.

What other example do we need about how to handle a repentant wayward?

In your case, you fall into the FFWW. (Fabulous Former Wayward Wife)

Sorry for the T/J.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
S
OP Offline
S
Resisted the temptation to not get up this morning. I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep, so it wasn't much of a surprise to feel the clammy tentacles of depression when I woke. But I got moving and made it to the school in time to greet DD5.

The SCQ got to watch as she ran to me and hugged, kissed, and high-fived me. She's totally ready for kindergarten.

Now I'm at work. . . jonesing for a nap.

C
C
[quote=sdguy038

Now I'm at work. . . jonesing for a nap. [/quote]

Know that feeling.

I bet the SCQ hasn't even considered the fact that one day another woman will be tucking her kids in. That's one thing I wasn't prepared for. I was prepared for not being married to my exH anymore but I never considered that one day he would remarry and his new wife would be tucking my kids into bed part of the time.

The first time stepmom polished my daughters nails I went on a crying jag for two days.

Lucky for me stepmom is someone I've known for years and she does a pretty good job.

Thanks for the compliment POM. I appreciate it.

W
W
Resisted the temptation to not get up this morning.

Man, have I been there!

she ran to me and hugged, kissed, and high-fived me. She's totally ready for kindergarten.

That is so awesome, Guy Smiley! Enjoy it while you can, I'm sure not getting any hugs, kisses, or high-fives from DDs this year! They're "too cool," ya know.

I found something in DD14's room this weekend while looking for a card she wanted me to get. Broke me up pretty badly. She doesn't keep a diary - this was one page - talking about "because dad is divorcing her she is taking it all out on me. She wants everyone to hate me as much as she does. She always yells at me for my snotty tone and sends me to my room when I don't think I do anything wrong" cry

Things are much different now then they were then. I'm not sure whether I should address it or just let it be as her frustrations of the time. I'm just torn that she actually thought I hated her. frown 'course, there were times I thought she hated me, too. And her writing actually said she did.

Her attitude has improved quite a bit lately and that snotty tone has not been heard in a good while.

I'm hoping it's just some teenage growing pains and the "poor me's" of no one understanding her.

I probably was a bit sensitive to her behavior due to the circumstances and she was probably acting out a bit because of the situation. I let her get by with much more than I probably should have but she certainly doesn't see that.

One of the things in her writing was that "I wish I could have told her when she asked me what was wrong but I couldn't." At least she recognizes that I was asking and wanted to know. That's more than I ever got from my mom.

Sorry for the t/j.

Fox

J
J
Originally Posted by sdguy038
she ran to me and hugged, kissed, and high-fived me. She's totally ready for kindergarten.

Hey.. guess what SD..

You're one of the 'good guys' too.

Not to mention you've done a fabulous job with DD smile

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
B
B
Well, SD's one of the good guys

I've still got my cyber eye on Jamesus skeptical

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
J
J
Hang on right there BC... almost wedged into that speedo now for ya..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Page 106 of 160 1 2 104 105 106 107 108 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (bb1471), 703 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation