Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 112 of 160 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 159 160
M
M
They all go good with Grain Belt.

How is this even possible? Grain Belt is undrinkable.

In 1985 our race team won a Trophy Dash and one of the things we won was a case of Grain Belt. 3 months later there were 23 cans left in the cooler.

When all that was left was the GB, we all stopped drinking and went home...

Mark

S
OP Offline
S
Moose on a stick
Scotch eggs on a stick
Pork chops on a stick
Veggie pie on a stick
Cheesecake on a stick
Spaghetti and meatballs on a stick
A Rueban on a stick
Smores on a stick
Tater Tot hotdish on a stick
Hey, Google King, got any insight into the origin of the deep-fried twinkie?

Tater tot hotdish? On a stick? Mmm. After a few Grain Belts, I'm sure it's great.

C
C
got any insight into the origin of the deep-fried twinkie?

They had those at the fair. Deep fried candy bars too. That has got to be good for you. Need the Grain Belt just to thin your blood after eating that stuff.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
I think the Minnesota state fair is the first place I ever heard about deep-fried twinkies (or candy bars), but I think they must originate somewhere else. Those are just not something that Minnesotans would come up with.

Need the Grain Belt just to thin your blood after eating that stuff.
You bet.

Last edited by sdguy038; 09/03/08 03:03 PM.
C
C
From the internet:

A deep fried Twinkie takes the popular Hostess Twinkie cake, freezes it, dips it into batter and deep frying it to create a variation on the traditional snack cake. According to the Hostess website, Christopher Sell invented the "fried twinkie" at the ChipShop, his restaurant in Brooklyn, New York. According to CNN, the dish was adopted by Chris Mullen, but invented at a "Brooklyn restaurant." The deep-fried Twinkie was a runaway success after Mullen and his brother started selling it at county fairs in mid-August. "We sold 26,000 Twinkies in 18 days," By 2002, the Arkansas State Fair had introduced the fried Twinkie to great popular acclaim, and the notion spread to other state fairs across the U.S., as well as some establishments that specialize in fried foods.

Soooooo good and sooooo good for you.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
C
C
Originally Posted by Fisherman Mark
How is this even possible? Grain Belt is undrinkable.

Mark must have heard us talking about walleye on a stick.

W
W
I saw Deep Fried Pepsi at our fair this year. Had me thinking all day on HOW do they do that?

Deep Fried Pepsi is a one-of-a-kind snack that features Pepsi flavored batter shaped into spheres, deep fried, and drizzled with Pepsi syrup and Pepsi flavored frosting topped with whip cream.

Huh, seems nothing is sacred anymore.

puke

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
From the internet:
So it must be true! But seriously, I knew you could find it.

I saw Deep Fried Pepsi at our fair this year.

Eww.

On the other hand, maybe I'll go into business selling deep-fried pork rinds.

S
OP Offline
S
Let it go as much as you can.
I just reread LaLa's post Inside the Wayward Mind and find myself wanting to print it out and give it to the SCQ.

I guess I'm trying to walk the walk, too. sigh

S
S
Originally Posted by the fry guy
On the other hand, maybe I'll go into business selling deep-fried pork rinds.

My mother would be so happy to hear this. Fried pork rinds were one of her favorite guilty pleasures; she was on a perpetual diet, so it was a huge surprise to those not in the know.

Luckily, I'm finding it easier to let go more and more these days. I still mourn for the life that I wanted to have with my husband, but not for what I HAD. The reality was so much worse than the fantasy during attempts at recovery, it's been easier to accept things as they are now. I suppose that is because of all the false recoveries. I see a lot of mistakes that I made along the way, but recognize none of them actually kept us from entering recovery; it really was a matter of one of us being IN and one of us being non-commital. Can you guess which was which?

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B
Grain Belt?

Fried Everything?

I'm drunk with fat grams just reading all of this!!

I feel like I'm following SL around the board tonight!

Wish I had some wise words for you SD, but I'm in my own needing to let go mode and not doing such a hot job of it myself. I have written Drac a new letter that I'll post on my thread if I ever get there tonight!

Try to breathe through those moments of wanting to do something to educate her. They will pass eventually.

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
OP Offline
S
Yeah, it passed. I had some new ones, though.

I got the kids back after five days, and the first thing DS8 wanted to tell me was that he didn't have a very good weekend because POSOM got sick and they spent the whole weekend at his house.

Later I brought up Disneyland with them. We've been talking about it for most of the summer--that we were going to go, so I asked them if they wanted to go this weekend. They didn't really want to go. Part of DS8's reasoning is that he has bad feelings about it--because it's the last place he can remember us being together as a family. The three of us went last year and had a really good time, but that memory seems to have been supplanted. About Disneyland, of all places!

Sigh. It's not all bad, though. I'm just venting out the bad stuff. The kids are happy and healthy, and we'll have a good weekend.

I had forgotten that DD5's first soccer game is Saturday, so it's just as well they didn't want to go.

C
C
If you guys eat that fair stuff you're asking for trouble! puke

I actually worked a Pronto Pup stand last year and I could tell ya horror stories. I will never ever eat fair stuff ever again.

L
L
Hi SD,

Yeah, it passed. I had some new ones, though.

Hang in there, SD...you're not alone....a few of us around here have the same issue :RollieEyes:

...as if knowing that helps you in any way! sigh

...so, are you working at getting that BREATHING right?

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
C
C
hug to you SD. It totally sucks. Hey we need an "it sucks" emoticon. Can't you just picture that one?

Hang in there SD. You are almost there....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
OP Offline
S
I actually worked a Pronto Pup stand last year.
Okay, I'll bite. What is Pronto Pup?

Feeling good today.

B
B
sounds like the express lane at a hot dog stand

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
C
C
Basically a corn dog on a stick. There are about 20 stands that sell them at the Minnesota State Fair. I have never seen them called Pronto Pups anywhere but the MSF.

CW, are you from Minnesota?

C
C
THE CORN DOG SONG as sung at Camp WEBE (church camp):

Roll, roll, roll your weiner
In some corn and meal
Gently place it on a stick
And, then, you've got a meal

THE CORN DOG SONG as sung at my house:

Roll, roll, roll your wiener
In some corn and meal
Gently spear it with a stick
And, then, you've got a meal

Sung to the tune of 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat'.

Last edited by cinderella; 09/05/08 12:07 PM.
C
C

Page 112 of 160 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 671 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation