Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 113 of 160 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 159 160
S
S
I am astounded at BC's ability to keep the thread on topic during this entire dialogue about weiners and sticks faint

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B
If anybody tries to put a stick in my weiner I'll punch them right in the face.

I did bury my weiner yesterday. It's been a looooong time since I've been able to say that.

That better SL?

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
S
S
Originally Posted by the cajun
That better SL?

Yes, thanks. I don't feel like it's Friday without BC's well placed inuendo.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
OP Offline
S

I did bury my weiner yesterday. It's been a looooong time since I've been able to say that.

That better SL?

I nominate this for post of the day.

C
C
Originally Posted by chrisner
Basically a corn dog on a stick. There are about 20 stands that sell them at the Minnesota State Fair. I have never seen them called Pronto Pups anywhere but the MSF.

CW, are you from Minnesota?

It is a corn dog a stick! No, I'm not from Minnesota- I'm in the South.

We do it as a fundraiser for my husband's team- he's a coach. Last year was my first year to work it as he had a parent get ill. I asked him to never put me on the list again.

They taste good- it was just the interior of the Pronto Pup stand that made me want to puke. Think no running water to wash your hands and nothing to clean grease and such with. I could say more but I don't want to gross anyone out too bad.

C
C
So, did you compost the weiner?

C
C
Originally Posted by BetrayedCajun

That better SL?

flirt BC, did you like my lovely song?

C
C
Originally Posted by Wife-o-Coach
Think no running water to wash your hands and nothing to clean grease and such with. I could say more but I don't want to gross anyone out too bad.

Hey I have man-eating house cats in my neighborhood. Bring it on!!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
B
B
Originally Posted by cinderella

That better SL?

flirt BC, did you like my lovely song?

I liked the first version. The second brought me to my knees. TEEF

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
C
C
They may not all be like this but the company we go through is like this. They have around 17 stands at our local fair and I'd have to believe that all of their stands are like that.

No running water, no gloves to wear. You're in this trailer and there is like 6 of you in there- one of which works for the company who owns the stand- and she cooks. Drops tongs on the floor?? Sticks it back in the grease to "kill the germs". The worst part of the whole thing was that they waste nothing. Corn dogs left over at the end of the night? They scrape the dough off them and reuse them the next time. At one point a box of unused dogs fell out of the freezer (which they put outside the trailer) and the hotdog part tumbled to the ground. The worker picked them back up (after being on asphalt) and put them back in the freezer.

Cleaning up that night there was no cleaner and only around four paper towels. Massive amounts of grease everywhere and nothing to clean it up with.

This year they are doing it again and I'm sending him with a bunch of cleaner and paper towels!

C
C
My cousin worked at Metropolitan Stadium (now the Mall of the Northern Hemisphere) back in the 70’s as the assistant manager of concessions. The Twins owned the concessions under the leadership of MLB’s most notorious tight wads in history, Calvin Griffith. My cuz told me that sometimes the hot dogs came in and when they were unpacked, found to be completely covered in mold. The standing order was to throw them in the sink, wash em up good, cook and serve! Yum Yum!!!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
C
C
That's gross. My husband's grandfather was a HUGE Twins fan for years and traveled wherever they went to watch the games. Not sure if he ate the hot dogs or not though! grin

S
OP Offline
S
at BC's ability to keep the thread on topic

Wait, I thought that was the topic. Food on a stick.

I'm reading The Omnivore's Dilemma, a book about what we eat and why. The first third of the book talks a lot about the industrialization of corn--why it happened, how it doesn't help farmers, why high-fructose corn syrup is in everything we eat. Pretty interesting.

Corn dogs is a nice example.

C
C
Wait, I thought that was the topic. Food on a stick.

I'm reading The Omnivore's Dilemma, a book about what we eat and why. The first third of the book talks a lot about the industrialization of corn--why it happened, how it doesn't help farmers, why high-fructose corn syrup is in everything we eat. Pretty interesting.

Corn dogs is a nice example.

We're talking about grease, mold, man-eating housecats, wieners in the dirt and burying our wieners and you start in on the “book of the month"?

Your Mom is going to love reading where this thread has gone.

Last edited by chrisner; 09/05/08 02:23 PM.

S
S
Oh, LORDY! I was unaware that your MOTHER was reading here! Yikes!

BC's weiners, and all the talk about DIRTY weiners being used over and over again.

I'd chalk it up to being Friday, but it's like this most everyday. whistle

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
L
L
Hey - its a newbie from Minnesota popping in say hello! I got some great laughs reading the comments about food at the State Fair. One of my favorite places in the world. Good times, good times. Lots of deep fried foods, then some ice cream and a bucket of Sweet Martha's cookies and a twirl on a ride or two in the Midway - you're good to go! Sadly, it just ended this year - but there's always next year!

P
P
all the talk about DIRTY weiners being used over and over again

whistle <---- princessmeggy refraining from running with this on the topic of adultery.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
B
rotflmao

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
S
S
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
whistle<---- princessmeggy refraining from running with this on the topic of adultery.

See how others can see what I can't when I'm typing. Astute observation for a Friday, PM. My brain's already shifted into neutral smirk

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
A
A

That better SL?

You guys are too funny...

Watch this...

Me, my sister,(She's a born again Christian) and her husband watched this movie years ago... at the end of the movie, durring the outtakes my brother in law and me were laughing our butts off and my sister couldn't undertand why. (Which made us laugh even harder)

"Taking a skin boat to tuna town" made me laugh so hard I had soda coming out my nose...

BH, 46
STBXWW, 41, Serial Cheater
D-Day #1 5-26-2006 (Our Wedding Aniversary)
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
STBX filed for divorce March 2009
Page 113 of 160 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 672 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation