Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 117 of 160 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 159 160
J
J
For those needing a laugh.. and who love cats..

icanhascheezburger.com

Cute cats.. terrible grammar.. but yet funny.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
C
C

E
E
T/J

Cinders--

Just wanted to let you know that last night when I was bored and wide awake, I saw where you had a link to your new haircut in some other thread... and I love your new haircut! I think the shorter hair really frames your face nicely smile Looks wonderful, and for such a wonderful cause! lashes

You're beautiful!

E.

End T/J

L
L
I aim to please.

You did!...thanks, Cind.

I liked the one who played with the balls!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
C
C
eeyoree and lunamarie...

Thanks.

I had worked on that ponytail for about 18 months. I did a half marathon through Team In Training and raised about $2000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I thought it would be cool to donate a ponytail for a wig for someone who needed hair...so, I let it grow and grow and grow and grow until I had a meltdown and called a hair stylist I know and said....I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE. And he cut it off and styled it for me. I didn't know what kind of hairstyle I wanted. I just knew he had to cut off 8 inches and work with what was left. Ideally, I would like it longer. But, I didn't really care. Good haircuts grow out. Bad haircuts grow out. What length will it stay? Who knows. I'm glad you like it.

As for the distractions, as my silly posts are called, I got called the Diva of Distractions one day. It was perfect for the distracted ADD woman to get called that. So, I don't have one every day but I try to have several each week. Some days, it's easy. Some days, it's not.

B
B
SD,

while I certainly enjoy the distractions, I was wondering how you are doing??

Update, please?

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks, Bugs. For a few days I've been meaning to post a thanks to Cinders and James for keeping my thread alive and full of interesting, entertaining stuff, but I didn't quite get around to it. Busy with work at the end of the week and then with the kids over the weekend. Now I've got something to report--this might be long.

I had to give a presentation at a meeting this morning, but I hadn't put the slides together as of last Friday. It wasn't a big deal--a simple presentation, but I still had to do the work of making the slides. Friday afternoon, I decided to go home and work on the weekend and knew that this would amount to me doing the slides after the kids went to bed Sunday night (because that's the way I am).

Didn't have the kids Friday or Saturday, so I joined the impromptu neighborhood celebration Friday night and drank a lot of wine. This led to a slow start Saturday, but I made it to DD5's soccer game just after it started.

DD5 was getting a drink with the SCQ on a break when I came over to let her know I was there. I gave her a hug and said the appropriate "wow, you're doing really good out there" comments, literally right next to the SCQ. I turned to retreat to a neutral spot to watch the game, and DD5 turned to go back over by the coach (to get subbed back into the game), when she stopped and looked back at me and said "I love you, Dad." smile

I tossed a ball around with DS8 during halftime, watched her play some more, and then checked in with her again before taking off to do my shopping. Later, I realized how comfortable it could have been--to put my hand on the SCQ's shoulder as I was talking to DD5; noticing that the SCQ had an open can of Coke that I could have taken a drink from. Cringe all you want, but that I had these comfortable thoughts made me think that my Plan B is still doing what it's supposed to.

Sunday exchanges are supposed to happen at noon (except the SCQ is always late). On this Sunday, DS8 had a birthday party from 10-noon and then baseball practice at 12:30. The SCQ and I had prearranged that she would drop off DD5 before 11:30 so that I could pick up DS8 from his party. The SCQ showed up at 11:40 or so, so I was consequently a few minutes late to get DS8. When she dropped off DD5, inside the transfer bag (along with some other school papers) were a couple of bills from the school daycare and a post-it from her saying "I will not be paying your portion of these bills." As if I had somehow demanded that she do so. dontknow Then DD5 told me they had gone to Seaworld Saturday night with POSOM and his kids.

All of those were mildly triggering, but I shook them off for the most part and enjoyed the day with the kids. We watched football and celebrated a birthday with the neighborhood crew. Kids had fun. I got to hold a neighbor's newborn (2 1/2 weeks) and jiggle him to sleep.

Everybody was grumpy last night, but I got the kids to bed, decompressed, and then tackled my slides, starting at maybe 11. It's dumb, I know, but it's when I do my best work. Finished after midnight, and didn't get to sleep until 2 am or so.

So I was already a bit strung out this morning. The presentation was fine, of course, but there were two emails from the SCQ that came Saturday night just before midnight I hadn't read until this morning.

For any rookies in the crowd, these are textbook reasons why not to have any contact with an actively wayward spouse (or ex, for that matter). Some of you should take a deep breath before reading these.

DS8 will need to study some tomorrow for tests this week.

The pants DD5 wore to school on Friday were too small and are now retired. Does she have any pants at your house that fit her? DS8's pants are too short as well. Even the ones he likes that are size 7x are too short.

If you have the kid's school sweatshirts can you put them in the backpacks. If you don't have them yet let me know.

Lunchboxes. Only DD5's will be given to you since the only lunch being sent to school this week is on Friday for DD5. Inside DD5's lunchbox is all of the lunch stuff that you did not clean out of either of the lunchboxes and left some of it in the bottom of DS8's backpack. All of this lunch stuff was there since Wednesday when I sent it.

Friday was the last time I will go to daycareprovider's to get stuff that you leave there when I don't pick the kids up at her house. She was going to bring it to me if I didn't pick it up. She shouldn't have to haul things you leave there. If this happens again you will need to go get it from her. You can leave things outside my house door or leave them at your front door or just behind your gate.

I will be getting DS8 a rolling backpack. He now realizes why they suggest this for 4th grade.

This time it might be wise to check the kids exchange bag.

and

Your MSA response is pathetic. I have instructed my lawyer not to make your petty changes unless you are going to pay for my lawyers time. None of your changes change anything in the MSA. They are cosmetic. Who cares if a comma needs to be removed or if [our street name] is misspelled. The courts don't.

The MSA was current at the time it was written. It is your problem that you took so long to get the house refinanced. If you want the changes then you pay my attorney to have them done. Sign the MSA that was given to you.

I can't think of anything that I would have done to earn this, so I'm guessing something else had her really pissed off, so she lashed out at me.

I mean, my lawyer told me it was a draft MSA, so I pointed out the changes. confused And, you know what? Commas can change the legal meaning, so that one was relevant. I forwarded it to my lawyer to see if he's heard anything from her lawyer. The biggest change was about the house refinance. As you may recall, the SCQ kept insisting that the refinance be complete before the MSA be written, but then the MSA didn't reflect any of that language and had a bunch of irrelevant stuff in it about how the sale should be handled if necessary and what conditions under which she would drop spousal support--she's the one who drove it this way.

I was already twitchy this morning, but this is making me all triggery. I'm working to let it go--recognizing that it's not really about me. Fighting the urge to tell her that if she doesn't like the way I handle sweatshirts and lunchboxes and pants, she should have thought about that before she turned me into a single dad. It's a direct consequence of her decisions and actions.

When I send a response, it will be calm and measured. Working on my letter to DS8 in the mean time. Sorry for the length. Hope everyone else's weekend went well.

W
W
Boy, oh boy, oh boy.

Some of you should take a deep breath before reading these.

Good thing you warned me. I did take a couple of deeb breaths. sigh sigh

Crapola, all crapola. Life must not be so sweet as a single mom as she had planned.

You don't have to pay a darn soul to do anything. It's the cost of doing "business." The "business" she started and can pay her portion of. grumble

I know it is really easy for me to say (and admittedly probably not something I could do myself), I suggest not responding. You handle things with your children as you deem appropriate. They'll let you know themselves if they dont' like short pants. wink

When I send a response, it will be calm and measured.

Good plan. There is no "if", huh?

Take care, Guy Smiley!

Fox

C
C
mad You know, right about now I need a "shoot the moon" emoticon for the SQC. She really p1sses me off, so I can imagine how you feel.

One of these days, I hope you have the satisfaction of doing a big Plan FU. Is it childish? Sure, but it sure as heck will feel good.

In the meantime - put her on ignore.

AND CLEAN OUT THOSE LUNCHBOXES!

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
C
C
it sounds like you married someone as charming as my x.

Some people are a good example of why there should be retroactive birth control.

C
C
Oh, I forgot my manners! blush

You are welcome. smile

By the way, I found something pertinent to the previous topics - or at least one of them.

Weiner Dog Races

L
L
Hi SD,

Sorry about the triggering...

I would choose to focus on this... as I suspect it's where you get all your strength to put up with all the crap....

hug..when she stopped and looked back at me and said "I love you, Dad.."hug

....this got my heart all mussshy and warm... smile faint

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
C
C
Cinder,

I don't know how you find this stuff, but you just upstaged SD.

That was hysterical!

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
H
H
Isn't this email classic Sippy-cup Queen?!!?! Bwaaahaaahahahaha

Whatever. :RollieEyes:

Why should you respond? You don't have to sign it if you don't want.

Step away from the gerbil. naughty grin

I'm the FWW EA 2/06-3/06 NC 3/06 BH still not sure
C
C
Originally Posted by ChaiLover
Cinder,

I don't know how you find this stuff, but you just upstaged SD.

That was hysterical!

Which one?

Birth Control?

or

Relapse to the Weiner Theme?

So, now I know what SCQ stands for....how did she get that label? But, you don't have to answer...

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks, all. Yes, classic Sippy Cup Queen. The name comes from another email she sent me. Also a classic. It's back about a hundred pages or so in my thread. Maybe more. I've been on here way too long.

No response yet. I talked with my lawyer, who was going to talk to her lawyer to find out WTF, so I think I'll wait to see what comes from that.

I'm going to go play assistant coach at DD5's soccer practice tomorrow.

W
W
Originally Posted by The Smilin' Guy

hurray

Don't sweat the small stuff, my friend.

Fox

C
C

Is there crying allowed in 5 year old girl's soccer?

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
J
J
Ugh.. sorry SD.. I've just not been emotionally available for MB lately, so I'm just now catching up.

I think SCQ and the IceQueen went to the same school teaching the ol 'poke with the stick' strategy.

I have often wondered what purpose all of it serves if they are truly happy and don't harbor thoughts of us from time to time..

Sometimes it'd be good to have the insights as to why they do some of these things.. but it just leads to speculation.

Personally.. I've not had much contact at all with WW in the last month or two.. and prefer it this way. I'm actually starting to find myself happy and content most days with the way things are... with the obvious exception of not having my son home every day. Though lately I've been having him quite a bit by using my 4 weeks worth of extended parenting time.. so it hasn't been so bad.. next two weeks are going to be hell though.. had to trade off my normal weekend for the one following just so DS could attend a birthday party.. means I go 2 weeks only seeing him on wednesdays.. *SUCK*..

We'll see how things go.

I think no response is a good response.. she's still wayward.. she's still spewing venom at you for whatever reason.. try not to let it get to you.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
C
C
Having helpedcoached an under 12 team boys team and been the only injury, I believe crying would be allowed....especially under 5 girls. If you get hurt, you can cry. U5 girls can cry if they are playing goal and the other team scores. Coaches can cry if something TOO funny happens. I think coaches can cry if they get hurt.

I took a ball to the face at short range and had whiplash - all the way down my spine. Not good.

Page 117 of 160 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 671 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation