Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 120 of 160 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 159 160
C
C
Originally Posted by silentlucidity
My mind is in the gutter and I have no comment on any "packaging" or "unwrapping". Well, with Halloween right around the corner, I'm sure there will be something about a costume or unchecked candy to harass you about.

I'm really surprised at how BC has been able to keep it together, lately. So tame. He must be busy or in love, or something. whistle

I think I've only read this thread the last few days, because it is cracking me up laugh

faint

Originally Posted by chrisner
Yep, I really had to bite my lip to resist a response to Cinders last post.

faint

And I try SO hard to behave and not embarrass myself.

faint

But, I've done it again.

:RollieEyes:

blush

:MrEEk:

You would think I could do better.

TEEF

S
OP Offline
S
Hey, what the hell's going on in here? Some good discussion going on, and then BC and Chrisner show up, and then the topic of gift wrap goes into the gutter?

Must be Friday. grin

If she were truly blissfully happy and on Cloud 9, she wouldn't even be bothered by those things.

What I miss most about him is the bond that we had with each other about our kids. No one will love our kids like he and I did. And it was something that was precious.
She Must miss this, because I miss it. I can discuss the cute things the kids do and say with my parents and friends and neighbors, but it's still not the same as doing it with their mother. I have seen how this (lack of kid-related communication) frustrates her in her writings to me, but I'm sure she doesn't understand why it frustrates her. Plus she would say that we should be able to do that even if we're not married, and that I'm immature for not doing it.

She doesn't understand and buy into the concept of emotional needs, and that POSOM is cake-eating--that she is only meeting some of his needs while OMW meets the others. Unfortunately, neither of them (OMW and the SCQ) is strong enough to break out of it on their own.

I find it very interesting she still makes contact with you full stop.

My take is that the affair will never last and SCQ will wake up and want you back.
I still think that this is likely, B, but I don't have much hope that it will happen on any kind of timeframe that will be useful to me. But thanks for the, what are they, kind thoughts? Hopeful thoughts? smile Sometimes I start to feel defensive about the whole "it's time to quit" thing.

BTW, it was crappy of her to lie to her kids about the puzzle. They know, they'll remember.
This is where it gets frustrating. It just shows how easy it's become for her to lie to the kids. I keep wishing someone would call her on it--LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE DOING. YOU LIED TO YOUR CHILD. WHY? TO PROTECT WHOSE FEELINGS? And, of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg in terms of morality and decision-making. Probably no one can penetrate the Fog. I'm sure the only one she listens to is POSOM because he's still saying the things she wants to hear. But it would sure be nice to know that someone tried. It's where Plan FU frustrations come from. "You mean you STILL don't get it?"

The similarities with my own ex are creepy, lecturing emails and all.
You'd think that these similarities and the whole Wayward Script thing would make it easier to treat waywards. As I type that, it would make it easier to treat them, but only if they want to be treated, and they don't. That's the problem.

She sent me an email this morning asking me if I'd decided whether to sign the MSA or pay her lawyer to make the changes. No response.

rashes on their faces
DD5 has a rash on her face at the moment that I'm pretty sure results from pacifier use. She's five years old, but the SCQ still lets her sleep with a pacifier. DD5 gave it up at my house a long time ago.

I wonder if SD messes up gift wrapping as bad as chocolate milk and carrots?
One more damn thing I've had to learn. Wrapping presents used to be her job, but I have become proficient at it. Except for the use of bows. And yarn, and all that stuff. Maybe I'll take a class.

I have tons of Christmas wrapping paper. The schools sell it for fund-raising every year, and of course I can't remember what I have in the closet and buy some more, so now I have lots. Then we usually travel for Christmas, and presents have to be unwrapped, so I don't even get to use any of it! Maybe I'll just start using extra layers.

I can happily report, however, that there have been no injuries or psychological trauma resulting from my package-wrapping abilities, or lack thereof. At least not that I'm aware of, and if they don't get reported to me, what am I supposed to do?

I'm jealous
Yeah, I hear you, SL. Last night, I dreamed about Women. I went through that whole Want-To-Find-Someone urge a couple of weeks ago, and it seems to have passed. All I seem to want to do with my free time now is make wooden puzzles.

So, what does a sippy cup challenged, Lunch box ignoring, carrot rotting, dryer sheet missing, rash producing, chocolate milk mistake making man have planned for the weekend??
DD5 has an 8 am soccer game. On a Saturday. I am not a morning person, nor are my children, so I can't say that any of us are particularly looking forward to it. After that, not sure. I probably ought to take them clothes shopping, but I really hate to inflict that on them. I remember how much I hated clothes shopping when I was a kid. It's San Diego. We should have a few more weeks of shorts weather. So we'll do something fun instead. The kids go back over on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

C
C
The kids go back over on Sunday.

Send em back dressed right out of Our Gang

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
B
B

Hey, what the [censored]'s going on in here? Some good discussion going on, and then BC and Chrisner show up, and then the topic of gift wrap goes into the gutter?
Consider it like intermission entertaiment for us while we wait for the next email telling us what you've not done correctly for the day! laugh

I'm so with you on being able to talk about the kids - this is a HUGE thing with Drac
Plus she would say that we should be able to do that even if we're not married, and that I'm immature for not doing it.

He has said as much to me. It's become obvious to me that his desired interactions with me go no further than wanting me to meet this need for him. Yes it meets a need for me, too, but it's not enough, so don't cave it it Guy.

I am sure your method of clothes shopping isn't nearly as tramatic as you recall from your own childhood. Set a time limit for the trip, stick to only 1 or 2 stores, and do what you can. It's the all day marathons that really creates the stress on them. OR for the littlest ones, do the shopping without them. They will love anything you pick out!

You have a great weekend, too!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
C
C
Have the children's dentist tell SCD (dumb-brain) that the pacifier is detrimental to child's dentition and mouth formation. That pacifier needs to go. Then, work out a plan to do give it up....mine daughter gave all of hers to Santa for distribution to children who needed them - except for one bukey {as she called it} which she kept for a few more months before losing.

S
OP Offline
S
I finally sent a reply. Her latest email was this morning:

Have you decided whether or not you are paying for the MSA changes that you want or you are signing the original MSA?

My reply: "No."

That ought to go over well, but at least she knows I saw her email.

Consider it like intermission entertaiment for us while we wait for the next email telling us what you've not done correctly for the day!
I'm only joking. Any information or entertainment that my thread can provide is great. Somebody doesn't like it, though, because my thread rating dropped from four stars to three stars. I really don't give a rip about the rating. . . except that having 4-stars made it easier for me to find my thread from the index. Now I have to look harder.

Bugs, I don't think I have ever taken the kids clothes shopping--I just go on my own and buy things that ought to fit or will fit at some point. Hence the Our Gang look, I guess. Wait. They don't look like that!

Cinders, I'm the one that takes the kids to the dentist. Having the doctor tell DS8 was effective. . . when he turned four, I think. I'm not really worried about it--the dentist already put me on notice that she will need braces.

L
L
SD,

Just dropping by to say HI. I appreciate your sharing the ups and downs, and the humour.

..and can relate, too....similar issues with WS.... the 'lashing' out because LIFE is not how they PLANNED it to be.... but the TRUTH hurts too much to face it!

...ohhhh... and the 'wanting to share' about the boys....HUGE! ...he must be biting his fingers over it, it's sooo obvious! ....but alas... not enough for him to make a move...to clean up the mess!

....so it helps to know we're not....ALONE!? :crosseyedcrazy:

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
B
B
Guy - I think you are an outstanding dad. And I think wifey will want to reconnect with you.

In the meantime, I think I would put something in your kids backpacks that would make SCQ take notice. Maybe you could throw a dead frog in there, or a potato growing sprouts.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks, guys.

Maybe you could throw a dead frog in there, or a potato growing sprouts.
LOL. You know, I had some expired potatoes recently. Finally figured out where the smell was coming from.

L
L
SD,

Finally figured out where the smell was coming from.

...LOL...glad to know it doesn't JUST happen to me.... and it's happened enough times...that I now RECOGNIZE the smell...LOL!

You know, SD....I am sitting hear in front of the computer, and for a few minutes I really didn't know whether I wanted to cry or laugh about the situation we are in.... even after so long! crazy

...and only here, do I know, you will understand what I am talking about and how I feel... sigh

...and if, for a moment, I think back on our past struggles and that at some level THIS will remain a part of us, and DO feel overwhelmed... thinking of people like you, SD and others whose committment to family is UNDENIABLE, it helps me to find the courage and strength to carry on....

...so, I just wanted to say: THANKS! hugSD hug

...I feel kind of MUSHY tonight...I am not sure why...but it really doesn't matter...

Have a great weekend.

XBW
DS16 & DS22
C
C
Originally Posted by lunamare
...I feel kind of MUSHY tonight...I am not sure why...but it really doesn't matter...

:MrEEk: :MrEEk: NOT EVEN GONNA TOUCH THAT ONE!!!!!!! :MrEEk: :MrEEk:

L
L
...in my...HEART...CIND :RollieEyes:

NOT EVEN GONNA TOUCH THAT ONE!!!!!!!

uhuh
should I...
should I not...
should I...
should I not...
should I...
should I not...
crazy
SHOULD I...

...ask Cind what SHE had in mind!!??? grin

XBW
DS16 & DS22
C
C
C'mon now girls, let's keep SD's thread clean....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
C
C
How much do you dare me....to post something hilarious and gutteresque? faint rotflmao naughty :RollieEyes: uhuh TEEF :MrEEk: skeptical

Until I get an answer on that, here's a Sippy Cup Song

Last edited by cinderella; 09/20/08 03:52 PM.
C
C
How much do you dare me....to post something hilarious and gutteresque?

OK, I take the bait. I double-dog dare you!

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
J
J
Still waiting for cinder's gutter post. But I finally found the sippy cup story (how come every time I think those words, it's to the tune of "Smelly Cat"?) and I just gotta tell our sippy cup story.

Some of you may know that when our DS6's were born, I had severe medical problems and the babies were taken care of by rotations of my mom, my sister, and a couple of my aunts. My aunts are experienced moms... well come to think of it, my MOM should be, too... well I dunno who knew what or when they knew it, but when they finally left the kids in our care, someone forgot to tell us that those plastic valve things actually come out! Or else they didn't know it to start with.

I dunno how long it was before we discovered that those things come out, maybe months, but I'll tell you that they were black with mold. :MrEEk: That our babies had been drinking out of. sick

Our kids never did get to be the over-protected firstborns that never breathe a speck of dust or eat a gram of dirt. :crosseyedcrazy:

BTW, they've survived so far.

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
C
C

J
J
:MrEEk: rotflmao

Make sure you watch to point 4:36...

... as a matter of fact, there's an even more :MrEEk: moment but I ain't a-gonna tell ya where...

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
C
C
Hey, all you people who pray...this isn't funny but it's something my children need. Their dad's father is in the hospital with a fever. He has a small cell lung cancer which is really bad and he's about at the end of the survival range given his diagnosis. Their grandmother is sick w/ a stomach virus or something. Lift them up, please.

J
J
Done. *hugs* to you, and prayers for your children's grandparents and family.

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
Page 120 of 160 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 623 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation