Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 124 of 160 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 159 160
L
L
Thats not fair!

Chris sent me to page 19 and I had to read lots!

Have been reading on past and just got up to all the 'lawyer letters and correct sippy cup cleaning procedures.

Any good tips on keyboard cleaning? I keep spitting my drink on it laugh

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
P
P
Originally Posted by sdguy038
I was inspired to actually go find the post, and it was on March 26 of last year. Page 38 of my thread, which now has 240 pages? Unreal. Has it really been this long?

It's worth reading mostly for Chrisner's responses:

How the SCQ Got Her Name

I don't see it on page 38. I went back a couple of pages and still didn't see it. frown

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
T
T
Read forward, not backwards!!! Hilarious!!!!

P
P
Originally Posted by Tabby1
Read forward, not backwards!!! Hilarious!!!!

Okay, I'm up to page 48 and I'm still not finding it. grumble

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
T
T
I appologize in advance for the poor quoting.

Here is the first post by SDGuy introducing the subject:
I got an email today from WW. Because I am hypersensitive from recent contact, I am somewhat triggered. WW recently got a kid cell phone. I asked him to start using it so that I would know when it was him on the phone as opposed to WW. Here's the email:

"Thanks for the stuff. If you do use sippy cups with DD3 you might want to double check the covers before you use them. One you sent was still dirty with I'm chocolate milk. I'm guessing someone didn't take out the plastic valve and wash them separately.

The phone will be kept in DD's bag. DS7 agrees that he doesn't need to take it to school. It can be charged with the same charger as yours. The one that came with his phone I will be keeping here.

Also I will be giving my Verizon phone back to you soon (along with the charger which you can choose to use for DS7 or not). When I do you can start paying your Verizon bill from your own funds. My cell phone number is 760-xxx-xxxx."

Okay, so before I say anything, I will stipulate that the plan B thing for me to do is to ignore it and not overanalyze it the way I am about to (I'm human). Also, under no circumstances will I reply to it.

So, on the surface, this is only mildly poisonous. If she is moving on, she doesn't need to keep the cell phone in our family plan, and I find it somewhat hurtful to me because I don't want her to move on. But then I thought about it a little more.

She's the one who extended our plan 2 years when she got the kid phone a couple of months ago, and Now she wants to get rid of her phone? Plus, Saturday was the first time she called me from the Infideliphone. Then, Sunday, she let DS7 call me from that phone. Now she emails me with her New Cell Phone Number, which is no longer in my area code, but is in the area code where OM lives.

At the mediation on Thursday, I basically called her out that OM hasn't made any move to divorce his wife and potentially lied to WW about it. So now I'm wondering if this cell phone thing is her response. 'See? We are going to be together forever. We share the same cell phone plan (and I want to make sure that you know it).' It just seems like she's pushing the cell phone thing at me a little too hard. Or am I overreacting? It's okay--you can tell me.

Here's the response I'm not going to send: "It's really great that you share a cell phone plan with OM. Let me know if actually makes a move to divorce his wife so that he can legally be with you. Or on second thought, don't."

Okay. Back to dark. Me me me me me me me. Me!

Here is Christner's first hilarious response to the above post (it's on page 39):

“If you do use sippy cups with DD3 you might want to double check the covers before you use them. One you sent was still dirty with I'm chocolate milk. I'm guessing someone didn't take out the plastic valve and wash them separately.”

Here would be my email:

Dear Darling Wayward Wife,

Thank you for you concern regarding the care and maintenance of “Sippy Cups”. I can not describe the shame and humiliation I felt when you so lovingly pointed out the error in my neglect. To assure you that this will never happen again I have instituted the following measures:

1) Each sippy cup placed in a Tuttnauer model 2540MK steam autoclave ($ 4,994.00 ordered on your credit card) for the prescribed ten minute sterilization.
2) Each sippy cup will then swabbed for bacteria to be grown in a Parter Medical Products Model 3561 100mm Petri dishes.
3) Each Sippy Cup will be sealed and labeled with the corresponding Petri dish containing the bacteria sample.
4) After a ten day growth period the Petri dish growth medium will be inspected. Approved Sippy Cups will moved into the general use population of Sippy Cups.
5) Failed Sippy Cups will be returned to the Tuttnauer autoclave for re-sterilization.
6) Unacceptable bacterial growth will be forwarded to the University of Colorado Medical School for identification testing and bio-hazard disposal.

In addition I have contacted Richard Belanger who invented the “Sippy Cup” which he later licensed to Playtex for production. I bet you did not know that Mr. Belanger now serves as a design engineer at Adhesive Machinery, a company he helped form, and has been issued several patents related to glue guns. I also used your credit card to order one of Mr. Belanger newest glue gun designs. His take was as follows:

“Thoroughly clean the cup (especially the lid and plastic stopper) between uses. Liquid can easily become trapped in the nooks and crannies of a sippy cup and valve, leading to the growth of bacteria and mold. If you can't wash a sippy cup right away, try to at least give it a good rinse. If that's not possible, drain any remaining liquid and take it apart. Periodically check your lids and valves for damage or mold.”

When I told Mr. Belanger of my subtly more aggressive plan he replied, “Yeah, that should work too.”

Hopefully these steps will fully address your concern about the future care given the “Sippy Cups” under my authority. Thank you again for pointing out my woeful and hideous neglect.

Love and Kisses

Sdguy038

Here is another post from SDGuy with what is probably the very first reference to Sippy Cup Queen (page 40)

Wow, CJ. That's another great one. Thanks.

I've been thinking about the triggering and trying to figure out why things have been getting to me over the past couple of days. My actions have been okay, but my thoughts haven't. I've been obsessing about the Sippy Cup Queen.

I think the significant thing was at the mediation, when I found out that she doesn't know what's going on with OM's lack of divorce filing and that he has probably been lying to her. I didn't really know whether the infidels had some grand plan or reason why he hadn't filed for divorce, but at the mediation I found out that WW really doesn't know that he has to. Which means that almost certainly he's been lying to her. I know this is to be expected, but getting confirmation that he really is that big a POS and that she really is that clueless did something to me. Gave me hope? Or maybe just showed me an angle that I feel like I should be able to exploit somehow. The whole Problem-Solver-I-Should-Be-Able-To-Fix-This thing again.

It certainly threw me off track--to the point that I'm worrying about what she was doing at the baseball game and trying to discern meaning from the cell phone thing. I know what I need to do--get back to focusing on me. What she does is what she does. I Can't Fix It. Let it go. Be Still.

Thanks again for the suggestions and coaching. This place, you people, and the support you have given me have been such a blessing I can't imagine where I would be without it.

Here is another hilarious post from Chrisner:

Sippy Cup Email Number 2 (4 Days Later)

Dear Darling Wayward Wife,

Sensitive to your extreme concern, I did not want to leave you out of the loop regarding the ongoing Sippy Cup situation. There have been a couple minor setbacks in my plan but I really feel I have it under control now. Remember that the next time you see the kids that they can tend to exaggerate stories at their age.

The Tuttnauer Model 2540MK steam autoclave arrived yesterday and what a beautiful machine it was. It looks like something off the bridge of the Starship Enterprise. I wanted to start using it right away but discovered that it was wired for 230VAC 50/60 Hz and as you know the only available outlets left in the kitchen are 120 VAC. Fortunately, I found an electrician who was able to squeeze us in on a time and a half emergency basis to get a new outlet installed. It did require a lot more wallboard cutting than I anticipated but I also found a wallboard guy for a pretty reasonable price. Let me know when you get your bill on these so I confirm there’re not ripping you off.

By the way, Mr. Belanger’s glue gun arrived as well and I have to tell you it is quite a piece of work. Who knew a glue gun could hold so much glue? More on that in a minute.

With the new outlet installed I got right to work trying it out on the first three Sippy Cups. Everything seemed to be going great so I used the 10 minute sanitizing time to put together the new glue gun.

After a few minutes the house started filling with a bad odor of something melting. It was only then that I found out that the sanitizing temperature of the Tuttnauer reaches 273 degrees and the plastic they use for a Sippy Cup has a melting point of only 175 degrees. Who the he!! Knew these things got so hot. I am very disappointed that Mr. Belanger being an engineer and all did not advise me of this when I called him with my original plan. When I called him back today to tell him about the poor results he replied, “Yeah, I didn’t think of that.”

Well long story short, the Sippy Cups became Sippy Cup Goo and really got into the workings of the autoclave. Unfortunately, while I was unsuccessfully trying to scrape the Sippy Cup remains from the autoclave, DD3 found the unattended glue gun in the living room.

It’s kind of funny how much the glue gun resembles those blasters used by the storm troopers in Star Wars. Well you know DD3’s fondness of Star Wars sooo…….. The curtains are definitely shot, I think we can patch the carpet but I am not too certain about the couch.

I tried to use some solvents to get up the glue but all that did was smear it around and fill the house with some pretty biting fumes. To get the kids out of the fumes I decided we should check into the Four Seasons for the night. We did get there just after midnight and since this technically would be your day with the kids, I charged the room to your card. Have you ever seen the prices of the stuff they keep in those mini-bar refrigerators?

I am thinking of just going back to the rinse, wash and disassemble advise regarding the care of the Sippy Cups. That would probably work okay.

I will keep you informed on the progress.

Hugs and Nooggies

Sdguy038

PS: I called my attorney today to be sure he got the autoclave added to your list of marital property.

Back to SDGuy
I regret to inform you all that upon emptying the dishwasher today (from having been run a couple of days ago), one of the "clean" sippy cups I removed still had the plastic insert attached. Clearly I am in need of the enlightenmight that the Goddess (of Sippy Cups) Herself provided me. I am aghast at this turn of events, particularly since I had just about convinced myself that I wasn't responsible for the Sippy Cup In Question that so unfortunately was transferred to The Goddess.

My mother, you see, has taken to following my thread and informed me today how much she enjoyed all the discussion on sippy cups. She also said that she (having spent some time with me recently) was probably the one who had washed the sippy cup without removing the plastic insert (she being somewhat less familiar with Sippy Cup technology, given that they weren't available when I was a child). She went on to say that she probably would have done it on purpose had she known how much fun the resulting discussion was going to be.

Thus, I thought I had found a scapegoat for the source of the Negligent Sippy Cup Cleansing. After today's discovery, however, it is apparent that I am every bit as negligent with respect to Sippy Cup Hygiene. Maybe we are both guilty. Perhaps the Sippy Cup gene just doesn't run in our family.

Alas, I feel I must immediately inform our court-appointed mediator and have our agreement amended to include specific language on the use, care, and (most importantly) cleaning of Sippy Cups. I have also sent a personal message to Richard Belanger, notifying him of my gross parental inadequacy.

Chrisner again:

To: Sdguy038 in care of Marriage Builders

Dear Sir,

A random internet search has found this site as containing significant reference to our client’s product “Sippy Cups”. As legal representatives of ACME Sippy Cup Industries we are requesting that you immediately cease in your forum conversations regarding the possibility of bacterial disease outbreak and their unsubstantiated connection to our client’s product.

Furthermore after our review of your posts concerning your inability to properly care for and maintain the product as manufactured by our client we are requesting that until which time you have completed a course on “The Use, Care, and Maintenance of Sippy Cups” as taught by a certified “Sippy Cup” instructor, (eight week courses available at select WalMart stores), that you cease all use of our clients product. We would ask that you convey this request to your mother as well.

Non compliance with our request will require further attention from our firm.

Best regards,

Huey Dewey

Anyway, I'm on page 41 - I'm sure you can find these and read from there!

S
OP Offline
S
I copied and pasted it for you:

I got an email today from WW. Because I am hypersensitive from recent contact, I am somewhat triggered. WW recently got a kid cell phone. I asked him to start using it so that I would know when it was him on the phone as opposed to WW. Here's the email:

"Thanks for the stuff. If you do use sippy cups with DD3 you might want to double check the covers before you use them. One you sent was still dirty with I'm chocolate milk. I'm guessing someone didn't take out the plastic valve and wash them separately.

The phone will be kept in DD's bag. DS7 agrees that he doesn't need to take it to school. It can be charged with the same charger as yours. The one that came with his phone I will be keeping here.

Also I will be giving my Verizon phone back to you soon (along with the charger which you can choose to use for DS7 or not). When I do you can start paying your Verizon bill from your own funds. My cell phone number is 760-xxx-xxxx."

It was about three months after she moved out. You know what? She never did give me that phone back.

L
L
I ended up reading about 30 pages on last night.

You still got the cat?

L
L
Why, oh WHY? Does the link NOT end up going to the right post?

Because we can set our profile to post more or less messages on each page.

Mine, for example, is set to 50, and the default is 30.

SDGuy's thread is 245 pages long BEFORE I log in, but 165 pages AFTER I log in.

Anyways.

I had another observation to share about the Killer Bees...

Chrisner: Divorced and WZ is facing the bulldozer of fate.
LilSis: Divorced and dating someone who just might be more in tune with what she is really all about.
BetrayedCajun: Divorced, but he took up GOLF!
BugsMom: Divorced, and after Chris, was probaly the fastest to get there, and now has Drac sniffing around. Figures.
Strivn4Better: Divorced, And ROTHFLHAO about it...
Eph525: Big D, and probably better off because of it.
StillHurting: Still Waiting I guess...
InHisCare: He doesn't care....
Fightingback: In plan B....
SilentLucidity: Done, and serving the Z in the next week or so.
Wildhorse74: Done, and waiting for the court system to mmmmooooooovvvvvvvveeeeee....
SDguy038: Signing his MSA on his wedding anniversary. Finally.

The reason for the observation? 10 folks who posted and joined in excess of 18 months ago, and the Plan D still drags. So much for the wayward one pursuing "true love", huh?

So many others have come and gone in these past two years. So many that we HAVE supported and MAY have ended up with a better M. Many that went on to end thier M's because they couldn't stand the waywards any longer.

But thru that time, the Killer Bees peservered, tried all methods of recovery and some that didn't weren't in the MB books.

But, they have all come to SOME form of positive recovery.

They have grown and become become better folks in the Relationship that they will have with others in the future.

Congratulations.

For all the H3LL that you went thru. For becoming the folks that you are.

LG

S
S
Originally Posted by LG
So much for the wayward one pursuing "true love", huh?

I'm pretty sure none of them actually want to D. It's gotta have something to do with CAKE, but I just can't put my finger on it. smirk

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
Originally Posted by Silencer
I'm pretty sure none of them actually want to D.

Oh, I don't know. Wayzilla took me out like the Headless Horseman.

Originally Posted by Lousy Gopher
Wildhorse74: Done, and waiting for the court system to mmmmooooooovvvvvvvveeeeee....

Cowgirl is on the D-line now too. She's just waiting for WxH to

SHOW ME THE MONEY !!!

Last edited by chrisner; 09/25/08 05:24 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
You still got the cat?
Yep. She's a year and a half old now and still very kittenish. She'll arch her back and puff her tail out at me to try to get me to play with her. Rip around the house, jump out at my legs from blind spots, but then come sit on my lap and purr at me later. She's pretty good with the kids--will let them carry her around and stuff, but it's clear that she's my cat.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, LG. I wonder about some of the lost Bees sometimes. IHC, in particular. FightingBack was one who got clarity in Plan B and realized how much better off she was without her WS.

Anyway, I'm off this afternoon to sign the MSA. Wish me luck!

W
W
GOOD LUCK!!!

Fox

L
L
Good Luck, SD!

I had another observation to share about the Killer Bees...

....I am not taking it personal, LG...just wanted to check....any particular reason why I did not make your list? dontknow

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
C
C
SD finally going to put his John Hancock on The Declaration of Independence.

You have done well Amigo.

Originally Posted by SD
She'll arch her back and puff her tail out at me to try to get me to play with her. Rip around the house, jump out at my legs from blind spots, but then come sit on my lap and purr at me later.

Wow!! Sounds like what I would want for another wife someday!

Last edited by chrisner; 09/26/08 01:46 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
L
L
Anyway, I'm off this afternoon to sign the MSA. Wish me luck!

Hey SD,
I hope it went well for you and your ok.
hug & pray

C
C
Luna,

I vote to put you on the list. I think you win the "In Plan B the Longest" award.....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
OP Offline
S
Yep. I'm fine. Signed the document. Commiserated with my lawyer. Discussed irony. Then went out for dinner with friends from Chicago in for a conference.

Saw the SCQ at DD5's soccer game today and had some mildly angry moments--thinking about all the stuff I'd like to say but won't--typical stuff. They were nothing out of the ordinary. Saw my friends again tonight and had a really nice time.

I vote to put you on the list.
Luna, you had already been in Plan B for about a year when the rest of us were getting our feet wet; plus you were so dark. I think it was just oversight by LG.

C
C
Good job SD. You are so close to the finish line now. I have to believe that when you get there, your whole outlook will change. At least that's what many of those on the board who travelled this road ahead of us have said.

I still predict that as soon as your D is final, the A will implode. The SCQ will be totally available at that point and POSOM will be faced with making a real committment. Bet he runs back to his W at that point. BTW, are they D's yet? Is he still cake-eating with her?

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
L
L
Hi SD,

Glad to hear you were able to be with friends after the signing...and after seeing SCQ at your DD5's game.

If anything, with this ordeal, I have learned to appreciate more some of my REAL friends...(as opposed to 'not-so-real ones'!)

...and yes, I know...I have been longer at this more than most (thanks for the nomination CL...I think?!?? :crosseyedcrazy:) ...so I know it was an oversight on LG's part... but considering where I WAS...I can't deny the obvious inspite of the length, and that I HAVE come a long way...(guess I am a 'toe-dipper' rather than just 'jump-in' the water type! :RollieEyes:) ...and so, am try to be patient with myself!

How are you feeling today?

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
W
W
Hey, Guy Smiley

Then went out for dinner with friends from Chicago in for a conference.

hurray

Saw the SCQ at DD5's soccer game today and had some mildly angry moments--thinking about all the stuff I'd like to say but won't--typical stuff.

I'm glad I don't have to see WxH very often. Just at drop offs and it is still door - to - door exchange.

Sometimes I look at him and think "what was I ever thinking?" He's just not that special.

DD14 was with him this weekend. Last night she told me they barely went out of the camper to go hunting. Spent some of Saturday cleaning and Sunday just hanging out at the camper. DD14 has taken a stand against his smoking around her and they got in a tiff when she told him to go outside if he was going to smoke - but he did it.

She said they spent alot of time with WxH telling stories from the past. His childhood and during our marriage. I think he was trying to impress DD14 with what a bad boy he thinks he was. DD14 told me some of the stories and they are embellished quite a bit from when I heard/experienced them. But, whatever, they amused DD14 and she felt important with him sharing with her.

They don't forget, sdguy, they may try to ignore....but they don't forget. This is not easy for her, either. I think she knows all the things you wanted to say to her.

There is no one who can beat us up like ourselves. She's already said all those things in her own head. She may have done some justifying, but she still recognizes those thoughts.

hug

Fox

Page 124 of 160 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 766 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation