Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 126 of 160 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 159 160
B
B
And it is the truth. I've been here a long time, and after reading here, the men do JUST FINE. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

J
J
Originally Posted by sdguy038
I've been up and down with moods. Sometimes I am angry and want to tell the SCQ off. Sometimes she doesn't cross my mind at all. Sometimes I think it would be easier to just let everything go and be nice to the SCQ, but then I think that I couldn't do that without Plan FU'ing her, because it's important to me that she GET IT.

Why is that so important to us? It's what we all want, right? That the WS acknowledge that they were wrong and recognize how much damage they have caused and take responsibility for their choices. I know I want the SCQ to Get It. It's one I think I need to let go of, but it won't be easy.

It will be nice when my life is about more than my wife's adultery.

I can totally relate Guy.. have no answers myself either, but I can say with certainty I'm right here with you on this.

I'll take hope here from Believer as well.. and while younger, hotter, and richer would be verra nice.. I just really want someone who will be good to me and my kids, who I can relate to.. not just be related to.

I think to some extent that's what we all want.

Until that person comes along though..I've got a year and a half old black labradore who's amazingly happy to see me when I come home.. he's not good at cuddling, or conversation though.. he just kinda lies around and barks at people who wander past the house.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
B
B
I've been up and down with moods. Sometimes I am angry and want to tell the SCQ off. Sometimes she doesn't cross my mind at all. Sometimes I think it would be easier to just let everything go and be nice to the SCQ, but then I think that I couldn't do that without Plan FU'ing her, because it's important to me that she GET IT.

Why is that so important to us? It's what we all want, right? That the WS acknowledge that they were wrong and recognize how much damage they have caused and take responsibility for their choices. I know I want the SCQ to Get It. It's one I think I need to let go of, but it won't be easy.

Hey SD,,,,I'm with you on this as well. Wish Drac would 'get it', too. And yes, we DO need to let go of that and NO, it's not easy. A work in progress as they say.

Pls tell Sis we are thinking of her! I'm sorry to hear the RT and Ex are making it 'offical', we should start a pool on how long the demise will take. I'm especially glad to know that she is in a much better place,,,,,,,,,so that while this is most certainly difficult & hurtful, she is better equipped to work through it.

I'm glad you are going to family counseling. It will do you all a lot of good, I think. I am also glad to see that you DID inform SCQ. It was the right thing to do. I understand the difficulty and hesitancy with telling her about it, but don't be surprised to have her backlash be extreme due in part to the late notice. However, I must say, I don't know how ANY parent can argue that counseling would be BAD for their kids before the counseling has even begun. I hope that you have a good counselor and that you all get some healing!

I'm almost there with my life not being about Drac's infidelity,,,,,,almost. And the truth is, what little bit is still about it is totally because of ME. I recognize that and am working on it.

So glad you had fun in Chi-town. I'm headed up for a long weekend myself at the end of the month!

Have a great weekend. Let us know how things go with the counseling!!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
W
W
hugSDGUY hug

Adultery sucks.

Glad you had a fun time in Chicago. I sure wish I could get away for a little while. sigh Everything is weighing on me again as I continue the preparations to take WxH back to court for the arrears and now a bill that a collector is going to start garnishing my wages for. My old attorney was supposed to have dealt with it and reassured me over and over that he would take care of it and it would be dealt with in the D. It was not dealt with and the judge didn't address in the decree. So now they will garnish my wages and I will have to go after WxH for it. What burns me the most is that it was a bill for dental services for WxH. I paid all of DDs and I's. I imagine I will end up having to pay for 1/2 the bill as we were married at the time of the services. I think I'll ask for 1/2 his teeth in return. wink

Oh well, I should be able to go to Vegas again in January. It's for work but there is downtime so I'll get to have SOME fun.

Sorry to hear about your job, no matter what safety net you have, it's worrisome. Like SL, you are always welcome here. I'm not sure what you would DO.......know anything about cattle? smile

I think I want WxH to realize what he has done because that is the only way I will know DH is still in there somewhere. It's denial to a certain degree. The people we knew COULD NOT have done this if they had only KNOWN what they were doing. And when they KNOW, they will stop. Right?

About a week ago I got an email from LilSis. It was an email she forwarded from her WXH informing her that he and RT will be getting married. She said it was triggering even though she's much more fulfilled and in a better place. It was triggering for me, too, because that is almost certainly where the SCQ and POSOM are headed. Up to that point, I don't think I realized how triggering that would be. Ugly thought--would they want the kids to participate in a ceremony?

sick That just makes me want to hurl. Hugs to Sis.

When Babs finally gets divorced (date now in Feb) it will either be the demise of their "relationship" or they will get married. Babs lived with her BH for 3 years before demanding they get married or call it quits.

One part of me wants them to get married as I fully believe they will destroy each other - and WxH will be further hurt and it might be the straw that broke the camels back and reawaken the decent man inside him.

I hope for DDs sake that they call it quits and WxH rediscovers his children. He is missing so much.......

I really hope you have found a good counselor and it is helpful for all of you. I'm sure SCQ is going to have a snitfit as she will feel you are blaming her for harm done to the children when she is certain there hasn't been any. Do what you know is right and her snitfit be darned.

Take care, sdguy.

Fox

B
B
Originally Posted by Jamesus
[quote=sdguy038]
just kinda lies around and barks at people who wander past the house.

Reminds me of EXWW WHEN she was home

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks, guys.

I'm sure SCQ is going to have a snitfit as she will feel you are blaming her for harm done to the children when she is certain there hasn't been any. Do what you know is right and her snitfit be darned.

I am also glad to see that you DID inform SCQ. It was the right thing to do. I understand the difficulty and hesitancy with telling her about it, but don't be surprised to have her backlash be extreme due in part to the late notice.

Yeah. Here's the response:

I do not agree to you taking the children to the counseling session with or without me. These things need to be discussed and agreed to by both of us prior to making an appointment. You will need to cancel the appointment for tomorrow. You have not raised any concerns to me. I have no concerns related to the children. I do not see the need for them to see a psychologist. You need to tell me what the issues are before anything with this happens.

So, I'm not cancelling the appointment, but I'm wondering whether I should have done things differently. Opinions?

W
W
Don't respond, IMHO.

Keep your appointment. YOU have seen a need for your children and yourself to get some help. SHE is going to deny it until the cows come home.

SHE didn't ask for your agreement when she flipped their world upside down. There is no point in telling her that, however.

(although, to be honest, I probably would.)

You might just find that your children don't need any outside help, but at least you made the effort to find out for sure.

You have every right to take them, IMO.

Fox

B
B
Unless there's something specific in your custody agreement I really don't see where she has any say so what so ever.

If the children are fine, then the psychologist will tell you so. I went to a counselor once after D-day and after the session he said I was handling things properly and in his opinion I didn't need further counseling. Now, I could have kept going and he would have been more than happy to take my money, but he flat out told me I didn't need it and I'm sure yours will say the same if that's the case.

If you reply at all it should be just to let her know that you are not canceling the oppointment. That way she's aware that her children are in counseling. Tell her she THINKS the kids are fine. You want to KNOW the kids are fine. Why not let a professional give his opinion.

If you want to push a button, tell her you've got this, she can go stick her head back in the sand.

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
W
W
Originally Posted by The Smart Cajun
If the children are fine, then the psychologist will tell you so. I went to a counselor once after D-day and after the session he said I was handling things properly and in his opinion I didn't need further counseling. Now, I could have kept going and he would have been more than happy to take my money, but he flat out told me I didn't need it and I'm sure yours will say the same if that's the case.

Yup, the one I took DDs to told me this also. DDs were handling it as expected. She gave me some examples of what to watch for in case things changed and became more extreme with them.

As crappy as our counselor was with many things, THIS she at least had right. It was a nice validation that I was doing the best that could be done.....

Fox

J
J
I dunno Guy..

I certainly wouldn't cancel the appointment.

My response would be something to the tune of:

So I suppose that means you won't be coming. Thank you for letting me know. As for my concerns about our childrens well being, I'll have to look again, however I'm quite sure I've mentioned to you on more than one occasion my numerous concerns about the impact of your infideltiy and subsequent abandonment of your family on the children. Just because you don't seem to be concerned, doesn't mean that I am not.

or to be more concise.

SCQ,

Sorry to hear you won't be joining us.

Guy

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
C
C
Originally Posted by Her Royal [censored], the Sippy Cup Queen
I do not agree to you taking the children to the counseling session with or without me. These things need to be discussed and agreed to by both of us prior to making an appointment. You will need to cancel the appointment for tomorrow. You have not raised any concerns to me. I have no concerns related to the children. I do not see the need for them to see a psychologist. You need to tell me what the issues are before anything with this happens.

See, she if finally getting on board with MB principles including the POJA; "As long as we agree to always doing it my way, life is good."

You have not raised any concerns to me.

That's funny, I thought you have frequently brought up your concern about young children growing up in broken homes and exposed to new adult partners of questionable moral values. You might have mentioned infidelity too. I can't remember.

I thought you had brought up all the proven uphill statistics the kids will face about drugs, alcohol, sex, abuse, poor relationship choices, grades, dropout statistics, college degrees and on and on.

She is scared a councilor will address the adultery in some way and it won't be her happy dream-like princess in the castle version.

I have no concerns related to the children.

The most oblivious line in the response and one of the most profoundly stupid things I have ever read here! If this is true, she is admitting to be an unfit parent.

She has no concerns about children of divorce? Her own children?

Today, right now, I wish I was your intermediary.

She’s not qualified to be a parent. She’s not qualified to be a wife. She is a qualified adulteress with all the responsibilities and benefits that go along with the title.

I am glad you are nearly done with her. In a few short months you will be wishing it had all happened quicker.

Originally Posted by Cajun 007
Tell her she THINKS the kids are fine. You want to KNOW the kids are fine. Why not let a professional give his opinion.

True words of wisdom from the swamp!

Last edited by chrisner; 10/17/08 12:09 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
C
C
SCQ = :crosseyedcrazy:

I give you permission to ignore her message. You know what she needs, don't you? :twobyfour:

S
S
Ok, so I'm on lunch break and decided I'm gonna be breakin the law. I wanted to respond to your most recent entries.

First off, eventually, you will not invest much in whether or not your xWS 'gets' it or not. You will have moved on. It will then be up to them to learn from their mistakes, otherwise, they'll just keep repeating. Your job, as I see it, is to take care of your kids and yourself, insulating them, as best you can, from your xWS dumba$$ choices.

I, for one, could give two [censored] if the Z 'gets' it anymore. I just want to protect my son as best I can and move forward with my life. If the Z does eventually get it, hurray hurray Hopefully he will then apply his new knowledge to having a better relationship with DS.

When I let go, this was part of it. I don't even have an illusion of control anymore, there is no veil over my eyes. I see the Z like he is; I'm not trying to force a square peg into a round hole. This is of great benefit to me in more areas of my life than one. I thank God that I'm in this place of healing and growth. It's not easy, but it's oh so worth it.

As for the counseling appointment, go forth and conquer. It's important TO YOU that you have a clearer answer outside of yourself as to how your children are doing, unbiased . It's your responsiblity to find out, at that point. Unless there is something LEGALLY that SCQ can do to bar this, I say move forward with it.

Lots of love for y'all who are reading. Take care.

p.s. oh, the job thing, yeah, I try not to focus on that too much these days. One day at a time, with a keen eye on what's happening around me. No sense in working myself up into a lather right now.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
J
J
Originally Posted by silentlucidity
working myself up into a lather right now.

Pics pls..

Sorry... /tj

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks, everyone.

Update: the SCQ sent me a text message this morning asking me to confirm that I had cancelled the appointment. I was in a meeting, so I didn't reply. A few minutes ago, the counselor's office called me--the end result was them telling me that since I don't have sole custody of the children I can't take them to counseling without the SCQ's permission. And a couple minutes after that I got a TM from the SCQ telling me that she had contacted the doctor and told them I don't have her permission.

So no appointment.

mad

Remember to breathe.

S
OP Offline
S
Here's what I sent her:

Yes, the appointment is cancelled. I will still pick up DS8 from school, so let me know how you would like to receive him.

It's surprising to me that you are opposed to counseling. At one point you had agreed to some counseling for DS8 so long as it wasn't [the annoying counselor] at the school. I think that the kids have some significant issues to deal with and could use some help working through them. They have told me that some of these things are difficult to discuss, but that only makes them *more* significant.

Counseling helps me a lot. I wanted to provide them with the same benefit in an environment that was as least threatening as possible. The kids and I have family meetings from time to time. This was going to be a family meeting with someone else there to help us.

I still think that this is important. Let me know if you would like for me to be more specific with my concerns.

Last edited by sdguy038; 10/17/08 02:43 PM.
C
C
Let me know if you would like for me to be more specific with my concerns.

Oooooooooo.......nice. Is she brave enough to ask?

She was very afraid of this session.

I can't take them to counseling without the SCQ's permission. And a couple minutes after that I got a TM from the SCQ telling me that she had contacted the doctor and told them I don't have her permission.

Executed like a true loving mother.

Last edited by chrisner; 10/17/08 03:08 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
C
C
Originally Posted by sdguy038
A few minutes ago, the counselor's office called me--the end result was them telling me that since I don't have sole custody of the children I can't take them to counseling without the SCQ's permission. And a couple minutes after that I got a TM from the SCQ telling me that she had contacted the doctor and told them I don't have her permission.

So, in this case one parent can keep them from getting counseling but both parents have to agree in order for them to get counseling? Uh, am I dumb or does that sound ridiculous?

W
W
That's absolutely ridiculous. Check with your lawyer. This particular counselor may just be afraid of being asked to go to court.

It's kinda hard for SCQ to keep her children's head in the sand with her, isn't it?

Fox

B
B
They do live by the beach.

Maybe you could start calling OM "Ostrich F er"

Last edited by BetrayedCajun; 10/17/08 03:24 PM.

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
Page 126 of 160 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 623 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation