Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
M
Originally Posted by tst
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
told me to take the cotton out of my ears and put it in my mouth! cry

And they let you take it back out???? uhuh

yes, but only to make fun of me! cry At my very first open talk, that same Bob C asked me to wear a red dress. hmmmm think He wouldn't tell me why.

So I give my first talk, and found him afterwards to ask why I had to wear red!? He said in order to drum up attendance for my open talk he told other groups I was a MADAM!!! mad mad

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
tst---> rotflmao smb--->rotflmao

Last edited by tst; 12/05/08 10:22 PM.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
M
M
naughty

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Ohhh!

And all this time I thought I was special
and only I got this speech from my wayward.
You mean to say they all say it????

Waywards puke

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
T
T
Oh Dear God You Rock! That's some funny funny stuff right there! You Pep are MASTER!!!!!

Me-39 H-38/Married 19years/DD18 & DS10
Dday EA/PA 4/23/08 Left home 5/08/08
Moved in w/Sea Hag 08/01/08
Read SAA Sept 08 Plan A 10/03/08 thru 11/15/08
Plan B 11/15/08-currently
01/18/09 Plan B crack w/phone call restating PBL
01/31/09 Planned brief contact
02/15/09 Delivery of Planned 2nd PBL
Filed for D Dec 2009 Recovering well!
D
D
Get this fogbabble:

About 3 days before D-Day, WH was sending me emails from OW because I didn't like the "friendship". She had sent him an email wondering about getting the kids together and going to the park one day. He told her he had to talk to me about it (I highly doubt she had intended on me being there) and then he told her we couldn't go because we were supposed to go out of town on the days she was available. (Oh wait, he told her he wasn't allowed to go.) I later asked him if he had actually considered us all going to the park together and he said "Yeah, I thought the kids would have a great time playing." WHAT??!!! It never dawned on him that he would be going to the park with his wife and the OW!!! That is complete insanity. :crosseyedcrazy:

We laugh about this now, but wow. Talk about messed up.

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery
"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

"To Err is Human. To Arr is Pirate."
S
S
Originally Posted by rustyshackelford
My WW showed me a new pair of slippers she bought yesterday when I stopped to drop off something and they said across the front "It's all about me". She showed them to me and said that they were right. It is all about her right now. Then I left.

My WW (now xWW) actually SAID: "It is all about me right now!"

Word for word.

Not only was she selfish and self-entitled, she was santimoniously and pridefully so...she watched me cry and just got mad saying: "Pull yourself together!"...truly remarkable

xWW:
Secret LTA w/ thrice married OM at her workplace; EA/PA starts ~ 2005-6
Files & completes D - 2007, OM/OMW#3 D - 2007, Affairage - immediately thereafter
Disappears in 2006 w/o even a goodbye to anyone, Never a paragraph of real truth ever spoken
Me/xBH:
M "for life", Suspicions (denied) & desperate Plan A latter-half '06
1st D-day 1/07, full truth D-day 7/08 (all via 3rd parties)
NC w/ xWW 8/08-date, better off w/o unrepentant vileness, betrayal, & rampant deceit in my life anymore
S
S
My WS suddenly started to go tanning at the beginning of last summer (before i knew he was W). I said "why are you suddenly going tanning" his reply was "this summer is going to be the summer of ***** (fill in name)."

I think i vaguely remember hearing it on a seinfeld episode. thats where he would have gotten it.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
MY dr. tonite told me to write down all the cruel things WS did and said to me so i can get it out of my head and let it go on the paper. anyway I couldnt help it and gave the list to WH. I know I F***ked up big time. I am just having a screwed up day.

anyway i think i was stupidly thinking i would get an apology. well i did grumble

"Im sorry for the way things happened"

Yeah cuz "the way things happened" said and did all those cruel things to me. It also had the affair. Not WS, WS didnt have any control over "the way things happened"!!!!!!!

"THE WAY THINGS HAPPENED" did it!!!! mad

its the unapologetic apology. Ws isnt taking any responsibilty for HIS actions. rant2

I guess thats why plan B is DARK!!!!!!!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

This is actually a very popular wayward phrase!

TRANSLATION:

I did not plan for this to happen , therefore I am a victim of circumstances. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance cry

S
S
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

This is actually a very popular wayward phrase!

TRANSLATION:

I did not plan for this to happen , therefore I am a victim of circumstances. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance cry

Yes, I noticed how my WW/xWW would couch everything in the 3rd person to avoid any hint of personal responsibility. Exact quote examples:

"It is just too late now"
"I'm sorry for how our our lives have become"
"I wasn't looking for a relationship"
"I can't force my feelings...you don't understand"
"There is nothing left of us to rekindle or restore...I can't help that"
"I just was lonely"
"You left me first...not my fault"
"I am sorry for many things that happenned"
"God changes things and God wants me to be happy"
"Yes, I meant my vows...to a certain extent"
"We were just friends and then it kinda happenned"
"You ruined a good thing we had first"
"You broke your vows first by playing golf"
"I tried, but "it" never came back to me with you"
"I have to feel "it" with you and I just can't"
"You made me this way!"

Yada, yada...so freakin' sick!!!
puke

Last edited by SDCWman; 12/10/08 12:00 AM.

xWW:
Files & completes D - 2007, OM/OMW#3 D - 2007, Affairage - immediately thereafter
Disappears in 2006 w/o even a goodbye to anyone, Never a paragraph of real truth ever spoken
Me/xBH:
NC w/ xWW 8/08-date, better off w/o unrepentant vileness, betrayal, & rampant deceit in my life anymore
K
K

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

I apologize, but that one should go in the running for WS quote of the year!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
S
S
Originally Posted by karmasrose

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

I apologize, but that one should go in the running for WS quote of the year!

No need to apologize, Karma. I could write a book of wayward-isms that would make your head spin. ANYTHING to deny personal responsibility--my xWW is a master blame-shifter, scapegoater, concealer/avoider, read-my-mind-er, finger-pointer, and shooter-of-the-messenger.

The following is REAL--no freakin' joke:

[wife]
"I am thinking of taking my (interior design) business to the next level, what do you think?"

[me]
"Ok, sounds good and I support you if that is what you want to do"

[WW-2 years later]
"You ruined everything! You didn't listen! Didn't you know I was asking you to quit working and start a family?"

I KID YOU NOT...

Last edited by SDCWman; 12/10/08 01:59 PM. Reason: typo

xWW:
Me/xBH:
M
M
"God changes things and God wants me to be happy
dontknow

rotflmao

Now THAT is funny...

S
S
Originally Posted by Mark1952
rotflmao

Now THAT is funny...

EXACT QUOTE, Mark.

Here is another 'funny' situation that took place when I gave her all the photo albums of ours that she wanted (never answered me as to WHY she just had to have them) nearly a year ago and 8 months post-D:

[Post-meeting text from xWW--she had complimented my clothes and how I looked and asked for a hug; I had acted very 'neutral' and cool towards her]
"Thank you for talking to me but you weren't very complimentary towards me...maybe just needs some more time. Love, me"

[My (unspoken) thoughts at the time]
"I begged you to talk with me a million times and you just ran away and burned every bridge as fast as you could, so why are you (again) thanking me for talking to you? As for 'compliments', what were you expecting? "Gee, becoming a manipulative, deceitful, hurtful, trashy, immoral abandoner, howewrecker, and adulterer sure looks good on you! And, that 30 pounds you have put on since marrying the POSOM, as soon as the ink was dry on his 3rd D, really flatters you--love the way your thighs now rub together! Thanks for telling me how much you miss the ex-family & friends you so flippantly discarded...I'll be 'sure' to pass on your good wishes. What an angel you are...You must be sooooooooo proud of yourself!!!"

xWW:
Me/xBH:
D
D
Just wanted to bump this. Pep did such an awesome job as usual! Some of the newcomers could learn from this one.

K
K
I have this on my watch-list. It's a very entertaining read...sometimes I wish I had the seniority to 2 x 4 these waynerds, but at 19 I don't feel I can 2 x 4 properly.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
S
S
Let's see - for general translation purposes, whenever a wayward speaks, you can usually think this:

1. I want what I want when I want it.
2. I will blame the BS when I feel like it, and it doesn't mean much to me. In fact, it doesn't mean much at all.
3. I am out to satisfy my own wants. Whenever anyone else gets in the way of that goal, that person is attempting to "judge" me. "Judging" is now "bad", and therefore, if you are in the way of me and my wants, YOU are "bad".
4. Nobody understands me unless they are someone who supports my wants. In that case, they are a "good" person, and they are not "judging" me. They "understand" me, and they are my "friend". Probably, this person is my affair partner.
5. I absolutely cannot and will not listen to anyone who has had any experience with anything remotely like this experience - because MY experience is very unique and special, and I am therefore very unique and special among all human beings who has ever lived and who will ever live.

So, basically, unless you are talking to your REAL spouse, pretty much....

don't listen. Because what the wayward spouse has to say is self-driven.

Unless you have someone who can analyze the message and pull out the pieces that can help you, just step away from the mess and protect yourself.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by karmasrose
I have this on my watch-list. It's a very entertaining read...sometimes I wish I had the seniority to 2 x 4 these waynerds, but at 19 I don't feel I can 2 x 4 properly.

Thanks for keeping this one handy KR.
It is fun to go back & read this one.

Edit to add:
I searched the original poster sadwh, and this was his one & only MB post.
I hope his BW is enjoying her new life divorced from his abusive behaviors.

OR ......... I hope sadwh actually took my advice, called the Harleys and worked his butt off to make his BW safe, meet her ENs and provide just compensation..... I just doubt he had it in him.

Last edited by Pepperband; 07/14/11 02:40 PM.
M
M
Originally Posted by rustyshackelford
Really sucks that she has friends and some family members that tell her to do whatever makes her happy right now. Keep feeding that monster. I will remember who it is and that they didnt take my childrens nor my feelings into consideration.

I know this is an old thread but I was reading this and realized this is exactly whats going on with my WW.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
DDay - Early November 2010
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation