Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 48 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 47 48
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
So... while I was out I stopped by the school to talk to my daughter. The receptionist called her out of class and I asked her what she was doing after school? She said...

"I'm going to my friends house, and then we're going to his grandmothers house to celebrate Christmas like I told you last week."

My answer: "No your not."

DD-15 "Well I'm going anyway, Call the cops."

And with that she walked off.

Little did DD-15 know that I'd already talked to the parent. Sent her a copy of the NASTY email that I got from my daughter. I explained everything to the parent. About her F's and D's, about the cops, about her running off, about the DISRESPECTFUL DIRTY MOUTH. She was very understanding. She said she couldnt' believe my DD-15 acted like that. She said that if she ever acted like that at her house she wouldn't be comming back. She said if her kids acted like that she didn't know if she would be able to control herself... LOL She said she'd have to woop em good. LOL....

She said that if my DD-15 showed up at her house after school she would drive her straight home. And guess who was in my driveway when I got home....

W
W
She said that if my DD-15 showed up at her house after school she would drive her straight home. And guess who was in my driveway when I got home....

rotflmao

How did DD15 take that?

That is so great that the other parent backed you up and actually DID something to support you.

Fox

B
B
My sons are older, but I have explained to them that we will have a great Christmas, just not a lot of gifts. Afterall, the country is in a recession, and people are having hard times.

It is so close to Christmas, but there are many free things to do in most towns, live nativity scenes, church services, carroling, helping out at a homeless shelter, looking at lights.
One of our traditions is putting together a bag of stuff for a homeless person. We have done it for the last 20 years.

I get a sportsbag and fill it with stuff that we don't need, and a homeless person might want - and we ask our neighbors to join us. Then on Christmas day, we drive around and find someone and give it to them.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My point: my kids learned the value of receiving when they truly didn't have anything.

EGG ZAC LEE

On sunday evenings between 5 and 8 eastern time I listen to the Sanctuary Bluegrass Gospel Show...

Word FM . ORG

The last couple of weeks it's been all Christmas bluegrass. One song struck me that was about a Tennesee christmas. They didn't have enough money for ornaments so they used Shot-Gun Shells. The daughter had grown up and when she went home it just wasn't christmas without a few shells on the tree.

I liked it. smile

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
How did DD15 take that?

That is so great that the other parent backed you up and actually DID something to support you.

I thought it was pretty awsome myself.

I think she's still stunned that she's not enjoying Christmas at her friend's Granmother's house.

When I came in the door. She was on the sofa... She got up, walked off and mumbled something about she's a bad kid but she the one who cleaned the whole house.

ENTITLEMENT.

She thinks that because she cleaned the house that she is NOW JUSTIFIED and deserving to go where she wants and do what she wants.... She thinks I owe her something...

Sorry.... that's not real life...

Hey Boss... F you and the horse you rode in on....

Next day...

Hey boss... now that I've cleaned up the mess I made yesterday you owe me a raise....

Boss: Uh..??? I fired you yesterday when you told me F-you.... Now get out!

That's real life.

W
W
Exactly, Amazin.

She thinks I owe her something...

This sure sounds familiar. :RollieEyes:

Keep your cool and stick to your guns.

Fox

B
B
Relax and start enjoying your Christmas. You are on your way to a better relationship with DD. The "book" should come tomorrow. Hang in there, and us ladies will support you. You are doing a great thing by fighting for your family. We will keep you on track.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Youse Gals Are Awsome....

My ex wife thought she was spending christmas here.... until I said NOPE... This is the first christmas in 9 years that I haven't spent with WW and I'm not spending it with you.... Here's the number to a couple of hotels... let me know when you want the kids...

She called today and said she could take them from the 24th to the 26th.....

I'm ok with that... I could use a break. I'll celebrate christmas with the kids on the 27th.

C
C
Do you all think the book would work on a 27 year old (with the mentality of a 13 year old)?

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
R
R
You are doing great, Amazin! Keep it up!

Remember, this is not short-term. A lot of times us parents get the burst of energy and motivation, which lasts about a week or two, then we get tired and start going back to routines and the same ole same ole. Consistency is the key, and it is hard to be consistent. Kids try and often succeed in wearing us down. They have nothing else to do! It's all about them. We, on the other hand, are woried about kids, spouses (or exes), finances, state of the economy, our jobs, and all that. It gets tiring.

Good job with your daughter. Keep shooting for permanent changes in attitude. When she grumles about how she "cleaned the entire house" just reply with "And I appreciate that. But that does not changed the way you disobeyed and direspected me the other day, and there are still consequences for those actions." Stick to the punishment to the very end.

Keep it up!

Raquel73

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
it's a marathon, not a sprint.

That's from your first post...

Too funny....

Read the last line of this article...

Discipline for the strong willed child.

R
R
Wow, I quoted the article and didn't know it!

My Dad was the evil strong-willed child in his family. Then it was my brother, now it's my daughter. It's difficult, but we must teach them to use their powers for good, not evil.

She's a hellion now, but these strong-willed children can make pretty fantastic adults!

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
She's a hellion now, but these strong-willed children can make pretty fantastic adults!

That's what I've heard. It's the strong willed child who grows up to be sucsessful.

BH, 46
STBXWW, 41, Serial Cheater
D-Day #1 5-26-2006 (Our Wedding Aniversary)
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
STBX filed for divorce March 2009
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hey Believer,

Guess what I got today...

You're awsome...

Thanks.

hug

B
B
Now I hope you will read it BEFORE a year goes by. I seem to remember that you kind of put off reading from time to time.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'm alone today. And it sucks.

I've been crying most of the day. I miss my wife and my step daughter. I had a feeling I was going to be like this today. This is the first Christmas I've spent without my wife since 1998. We met in 99.

I emailed one of the girls from church. She suggested that I send my wife a note, email, text or a card saying that I've been crying and that I miss her and the step daughter. But I don't think I could handle the rejection.

The girl from church said "Try to handle the rejection. Rejection gives you an answer, something to deal with. Jesus is rejected many times but still loves." Her husband asks "Can you handle the rejection you are feeling now? What is the difference?"

I miss my wife but I'm not sure it's a good idea to contact her.

Z
Z
Originally Posted by Amazin
I'm alone today. And it sucks.

I've been crying most of the day. I miss my wife and my step daughter. I had a feeling I was going to be like this today. This is the first Christmas I've spent without my wife since 1998. We met in 99.

I emailed one of the girls from church. She suggested that I send my wife a note, email, text or a card saying that I've been crying and that I miss her and the step daughter. But I don't think I could handle the rejection.

The girl from church said "Try to handle the rejection. Rejection gives you an answer, something to deal with. Jesus is rejected many times but still loves." Her husband asks "Can you handle the rejection you are feeling now? What is the difference?"

I miss my wife but I'm not sure it's a good idea to contact her.

I feel your pain today, all alone. Family recently moved away months ago. I just feel like being left alone today, havent heard from my W and also not sure if I should contact her. frown

Hang in there. Happy Holidays!

B
B
Hang in there guys! You can get through this! Soon it will be a new year with new possibilities. I spent 3 Christmas' alone. And now I'm happy again. You will get there too. MB guarantees it.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks Believer,

I had to do something to keep my mind off of my lonliness. I cleaned out my fridge and washed all the dishes. I got a load of clothes in the washer now. I'm going to bake some cookies later and maybe watch a movie. I watched WALLE last night...

Unfortunately I still miss my wife, step daughter and our family times together.

I still have a desire to contact her. But I'm fighting it.

It just hurts like he|| that I'm spending Christmas alone. I don't have any family around here. My kids are with their mom. (My ex-wife) She wanted to come here for Christmas but I didn't want to spend christmas with my ex-wife. I told her she could take the kids and I'll open presents with them when they come back.

B
B
Yes, it is hard to be alone on Christmas, but you are putting the time to good use. I always try to stay busy when I am down.
At least you have something to show for it.

Page 41 of 48 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 47 48

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 272 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation