Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 48 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 48
P
P
Originally Posted by Amazin
My Ex tried to trick me into letting her take my DD-17 over to spend the night at WW's house...

It didn't work and I said no...

Now my DD-17 is pissed at me....

Grrr.... it's like I'm fighting all of them...

I asked DD-17 if she thought what WW was doing was wrong. She said you've done things that are wrong too... I said yes I have... But I've acknowleged my mistakes and I'm trying to change... WW hasn't acknowledged her mistakes and doesn't think she's doing anything wrong.

Sounds like you need to Plan B the Ex. Where does she get off interfering? She's probably enjoying all the high drama.

Hey Amazin, are you still in Tarrant County? I'm in Collin.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hey Amazin, are you still in Tarrant County? I'm in Collin.

I got transfered to New Orleans in 2002. Then 26 days before Katrina hit I transferred to PA.

Sounds like you need to Plan B the Ex.

Yep... I'm thinking the same.... I don't need to talk to her at all... But she has parental rights. If she wants to pick them up on her weekend there's nothing I can do about that. And next weekend is hers.

I'm just wondering if she quit her trucking job. She can't stay off the road forever... And everyday that she's not driving she's loosing money.

Makes me wonder if she didn't move in with my WW...That's a huge cat fight waiting to happen.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
DD15's caseworker at the hospital called yesterday. Gave me a password. We talked a little while. She said she didn't know how long DD was going to be in the hospital. And that we (EX, me, DD & hospital???) would come up with a solution that was in the best interest of DD when she is discharged.

DD-15's Doctor called me last night. His diagnosis is depression. He asked a few questions and we talked. He also asked if he had my permission to start her on anti depressants. Of course I said yes.

He said he didn't think she was Bi-polar.

Well I feel a little better that the Dr's and the people at the hospital are cooperating with me a little more.

T
T
I hope you will monitor the AD's very well....that they are used as directed and be especially careful as she starts to go off of them.

It just seems like we hear about suicides and homicides that sure do seem worse when someone is on or coming off of AD's. Maybe some are safer than other. I would discuss these things with the Dr.

The only time I actually had fantasies of committing homicides (FWH and OW) was while I was on A.D's.

There are nutritional supplements that I believe are helpful for depression. Suicide attempts are scary...

Married 1976
Me:BS
Him:FWS
MB Weekend March 2003
2 S's: '77 & '80, 1 D: '82
B
B
I'm so proud of you! You are stepping up to the plate and being a good man. So many just walk away from problems. I know it feels like you are fighting everyone, but you are doing the right thing.

If DD is depressed, the anti-D's will probably help her get her grades back up.

These waywards irritate the crap out of me. Selfish, selfish, selfish. They cause all these problems and then deny any of it is their fault. Disgusting.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by believer
I'm so proud of you! You are stepping up to the plate and being a good man. So many just walk away from problems. I know it feels like you are fighting everyone, but you are doing the right thing.

Believer you are such a God send....

Thank you so much.

I've been talking to one of the christan women from church... a mentor so to speak. She said basically the same thing. That I'm doing the right thing. That I can only do all I can and let God do the rest. She said maybe it's time I start leaning on God, you know like the foot prints in the sand... Let him carry me for a while.

Originally Posted by believer
These waywards irritate the crap out of me. Selfish, selfish, selfish. They cause all these problems and then deny any of it is their fault. Disgusting.

I'm irritated, anxious, worried, stressed and exhausted... the hits just seem to keep comming. And yes it is Disgusting.

BH, 46
STBXWW, 41, Serial Cheater
D-Day #1 5-26-2006 (Our Wedding Aniversary)
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
STBX filed for divorce March 2009
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
The next hit came... And it's a devastating one.

My Ex wife filed a complaint of child abuse. She went through the county child and youth services. They served a protective order against me yesterday and took the kids. I have a hearing next week.

My ex is conspireing with my current WW. They are now living together. It must be 5 or 6 people in a 2 bedroom apartment. My 18 year old step son knew ahead of time for sure. My 17 year old daughter may have known. (And we actually had a nice time yesterday before all this took place.) They obviously don't want to live with me anymore.

Please pray for me.

I have a good support group here on MB at my church and I have good christian siblings.

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
C
C
So sorry. What other support do you have? Family? Friends? Anyone who can go to the hearing with you? Kids' teachers? Seriously, you need to spend the next week visiting and gathering every single person you can around you for that hearing. And find a better lawyer, a bulldog. Take out a loan if you have to to be able to afford the top lawyer in the city.

C
C
I'm really sorry to hear about this. I agree with catperson - find the best lawyer you can.

You're in the DC area, right?

You've been keeping a paper trail, I think, and you will have some documentation to prove your innocence. You said you'd requested some info from CPS, right? Before all this happened? That's documentation. Review this thread for more contemporaneous notes about what's been going on. You've had problems with your DD, but you've been seeking help, and this thread has been a journal of what's been going on in your life, so use it.

I'm not an active church-goer or anything, but I'll pray for you. I work with lawyers, but not in the area of family law or anything... but I might be able to ask around and see if anyone has any recommendations, if you need help finding one.

Last edited by CuthbertCalculus; 12/31/08 09:40 AM.

Me: 41, INFP
Her: 46, ESFJ
Married 6/95
B-G Twins
4 yrs recovered from serious neglect on my part.
So happy together!
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
What other support do you have? Family? Friends? Anyone who can go to the hearing with you?

I don't have any family in the area. They're all in the midwest and I'm on the east coast. I have a good group of co-workers that I can lean on. I have some people from church that have been a blessing.

And find a better lawyer, a bulldog. Take out a loan if you have to to be able to afford the top lawyer in the city.

I don't have a lawyer yet... There wasn't any need because there was no legal action. Nothing was filed until yesterday. Because of the situation with my current wife I had already picked out the attorney I was going to use in the event I needed to get a divorce. Now that my EX wife has filed this with the court I need to get a lawyer ASAP. I have an appointment with him on Tuesday. He's a bulldog... A former Marine. He went through a divorce in the early 70's when there was no such thing as a "No fault divorce" He spent so much money on the divorce that it got to the point that he could spend the same amount on law school and defend himself. And that's what he did.

Last year when my wife left I was looking for a Lawyer. I called several offices. They all wanted a couple of hundred dollars just to do a consultaion. When I called this guy he called me back and talked to me on the phone for 1 1/2 hours. He's definately an advocate for military members.

BH, 46
D-Day #2 12-26-2007
D-Day #3 5-11-2008
Separated 1-5-2008
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
You're in the DC area, right?

Nope. Further north.

C
C
Oh, OK. Sounds like you've got a good lead on a lawyer right now, though... and a former Marine to boot! (I'm a former Marine myself.)

Good luck, and don't give in to fear... the facts are on your side. You've got support, so lean on them as much as you need to!

Me: 41, INFP
Her: 46, ESFJ
Married 6/95
B-G Twins
4 yrs recovered from serious neglect on my part.
So happy together!
C
C
But I'll repeat, start calling up everyone you know (before SHE does!) and ask them if they will either attend the hearing with you, or write an affidavit attesting to your good name, and submit it as evidence. Start today!

P
P
Originally Posted by catperson
But I'll repeat, start calling up everyone you know (before SHE does!) and ask them if they will either attend the hearing with you, or write an affidavit attesting to your good name, and submit it as evidence. Start today!

ITA. Ask your pastor to attend. Show up with a support group!

Yanno Amazin, the thing is, CPS gets "reports" all the time and it is their job to investigate. Taking the kids wasn't a judgment, it was a requirement because there was an "allegation" made.

We dealt with this a few months ago with our nephew who lives with us. Someone anonymously reported alleged "neglect". The caseworker made a visit to our home where we told her the whole history about our nephew and all the problems we had experienced with him. End of story. The case was dismissed.

My point is that just because an allegation was made doesn't make it true. Go prepared as you've been advised.

You might even drop a hint to the caseworker that you're concerned about the living arrangements/conditions over "there"... the history, the drug use, etc. I don't think EW and WW thought this through and may have bit off more than they can chew.

((Amazin))

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
W
W
Hold strong, Amazin. You have done a good job so far.

I'm in total agreement with cat, cuthbert, and meggie. I'm glad to hear about the legal counsel you have sought.

If there is nothing to hide, they will find nothing. Be calm, honest, and reasonable. Their true colors will show through, this is not the first time CPS has had "reports" that are unfounded.

We are assuming these reports are unfounded.........

This is where the rubber meets the road. Now is your time to stand and show your children the consequences of the behavior of your ex and ww. They are being heavily influenced and can't really tell the difference between right and wrong. YOU must show them.

With honesty, calmness, and most of all.......heart.

You can do this - do not let them get you down. Be a man you can admire.

Praying for you. pray

Fox

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
We dealt with this a few months ago with our nephew who lives with us. Someone anonymously reported alleged "neglect". The caseworker made a visit to our home where we told her the whole history about our nephew and all the problems we had experienced with him. End of story. The case was dismissed.

The caseworker came by on Monday. I got served yesterday.

concerned about the living arrangements/conditions over "there"... the history, the drug use, etc. I don't think EW and WW thought this through and may have bit off more than they can chew.

I don't know what to think... They both hated each other. Now their buddy buddy. Living in a 2 bedroom apartment with 3 adults and 3 children.

W
W
Your kids are older and what they have to say (possibly influenced) will have a bigger impact than youngins.

Do what you can do - that's all you can do.

I'm sure you are stressed out to the max. Take the day a little a time. Gather info and get your defense together.

Do you know EXACTLY what they are accusing?

Your ex and your ww will chew each other up, it's only a matter of time.

Make sure your story is heard, what you've been through, what your ex is like, her troubles, her absences, her lack of care for the children for so long.

Chin up, my friend, you cannot pass by this battle. There is a reason this has been placed before you.

Fox

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks Fox...

I have a list of stuff that I need to get together for the Lawyer. I need to go get the police reports from when I called the cops. My list of house rules. Records from her counselor, etc...

Everything she's saying in her statement is from phone calls with the kids. Nothing that she was witness to. For example...I told my daughter that I was disappointed and hurt when they went to WW's for christmas. Ex wife's statement say's I punished DD for having a good christmas and that I was screaming "Traitor, Traitor, Traitor" at her. Made up stuff... Or stuff that DD-15 told Ex wife because she was mad at me for not letting her stay at her friends house...

Just more crap... and the kids are buying into it from their mom. They don't like that dad had rules. Mom doesn't... so they're pissed at me for enforcing the rules.

W
W
I hope someone shares with your kids just how serious these allegations are and how much trouble they could be in if what they are saying is unfounded.

This kind of stuff is NOT a game.

N
N
Originally Posted by Amazin
Well it’s Sunday again and it’s father’s day. I’m listening to bluegrass gospel while I type this.

It’s been a busy week. My son graduated from high school on Wednesday. I’m so proud that he graduated and is on his way to college. His mother (My ex-wife) came to see the graduation. She stayed at our house and slept in my son’s bedroom since Wednesday. I think it was a good thing that she stayed with us. There was a lot of healing of old wounds that took place.

My step daughter called me to wish me a happy father’s day. She made me cry! That turd.

My 15 year old daughter gave me a card that had a letter in it.

Here’s the letter.

DAD smile

Wow. My dad. Dad first of all I just want to start off by saying how much uncontrollable love I have for you. I know I have a really bad way of showing it, but dad, I’m the luckiest daughter in the world. Not every daughter has the opportunity to have a dad that never quits on me even when I was more than done. Not every daughter has the opportunity to have a dad that keeps on trying until he gets it right. I know you’re trying dad, and you keep amazing me. This year we have been through a lot, if not the most. Even thought there were times I would cry myself to sleep, I’m glad we went through this together because nothing else in the world could have made us this close. Dad I love you no matter what happens even though I may not get what I want (cough cough... Puppy) I’ll still be patient with you. (Ha Ha) Dad this is your day to honor everything you have done for us. And I just want to say, that I LOVE YOU. YOU ARE THE MOST AMAZING DAD IN THE WORLD. YOUR HARD WORK DOESN’T GO UN-NOTICED.

I was ballin by the time I got done reading the letter.

I also got a card that all my kids signed. We all went to church this morning. Overall I had a great day.

(((((((Amazin)))))))

Do you still have this card and letter???....if so, bring it with you!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry about the recent developements. It sounds like you are doing all the right things thus far and you have been getting great advice.

How you doing emotionally???....physically???....spiritually???
(and most importantly, have you smoked at all through this???)

I'm not too worried about the recent events because I think between you, the church, her school, your work history, and your EX C's history and lets not even begin to talk about WW ( :RollieEyes:) that you will do okay......

Anyway, this year has stunk anyway, so I say lets bring in the NEW YEAR.....

Hang in there and I'm still praying like crazy for you....

(((((AMAZIN)))))

Not2fun

Hang

Page 45 of 48 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 48

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 298 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation