Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 48 1 2 45 46 47 48
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I will...and thinking about the pins like that may give me a better score... Maybe I can break 200. (I've never done that before)

But..... I just finished dinner... and the sofa is calling my name...

Amazin.... Amazin.... come here .... I'm nice and cozy.... look fluffy pillows.... blanket.... mmmmm....

B
B
LOL, but then how are you going to sleep tonight?

Get out and burn up some of that anxiety!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W
W
How are things today, Amazin?

And I think you should get that info out of the court files from your divorce and let your attorney know about it and anything else that counteracts your ex-wife's current accusations.

Be careful of resting TOO much - it can actually deplete your energy instead of add to it.

Head to the gym at the base and beat the crapola out of a weight bag. I took pictures of WxH and OW and blew them up to lifesize on the printer. OWH and I took the guns out and blew the pictures to smithereens. grin

Don't internalize the frustration - it will eat you up and work against you. Work it OUT in a healthy way.

Fox

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'm O.K. today.
I'm working on my "To Do" list. The usual stuff... dishes, sweep, mop, take down the christmas tree.

I've also contacted the county clerk records office where my first divorce took place. My ex wife wrote a letter to the judge saying that she wasn't capable or responsible enough to take care of the kids. That she didn't want her mother to get custody because she "abused" my ex wife as a child. She went on to say that it would be in the best interest of the children that they be placed in my custody...

I think I'll fed ex to get a certified copy of that letter.

Be careful of resting TOO much - it can actually deplete your energy instead of add to it.

I haven't been sleeping too much... If anything I haven't been getting enough...And today I actually feel energetic...

Thanks Fox,

W
W
Good plan, Amazin. Keep your chin up. One foot in front of the other.

Your ex sounds like quite the piece of work. How long ago was the divorce?

When is your hearing?

Fox

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by WildHorses74
Your ex sounds like quite the piece of work. How long ago was the divorce?

We separated in 94 and were divorced in 96. She is a piece of work all right. I spent most of the day yesterday writing a timeline of events for my attorney. After reflecting, she hasn't really changed one bit since the divorce.

There were a couple of reasons why I got custody. She wrote a letter to the Judge stating that she wasn't responsible enought or capable of taking care of the kids. The other reason was because of the social study that was ordered. On the day of the final hearing the social worker expressed doubts as to whether or not she should have any un-supervised visitations because of multiple suicide attemps.

I recently asked my DD17 if she knew why I got custody. She said she did. I asked her why her mother says I got custody. DD17 said that her mother told her the reason I got custody is because I didn't tell her mother about a hearing date and she missed it. (What a bunch of crap!) My ex has been telling them all sorts of lies and of course my kids think its the honest truth. Very sad.

My hearing is on Thursday. I have an appointment with my attorney today.

One of the girls from my divorce care group sent me an email saying that she's praying for me. She also said from what she's heard about Protection From Abuse orders is that they're very easy to get. But usually the Judge see's through the Bull and alot of accusers don't even show up because they know its a bunch of crap and very hard to make stick.

W
W
Well, I'm sure you know but.....

document
document
document.

also said from what she's heard about Protection From Abuse orders is that they're very easy to get. But usually the Judge see's through the Bull and alot of accusers don't even show up because they know its a bunch of crap and very hard to make stick.

That's good. Judges have seen alot - let's hope he sees through all this bullpucky.

Any more updates on how your daughter is recovering? Release date? Are you keeping in contact with her doctors? (if you are allowed to)

How is the book?

Fox

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I talked to her Doc on Saturday? He gave me her diagnosis and I asked a few questions. He said that she's OK but has a hard time accepting no. (Duh...) Aparntly she got upset when he pushed her release date back to Monday. I felt kind of wierd talking to him but he said they don't believe everthing the teenagers tell them. That made me feel a lot better.

I spent most of yesterday and today writing a timeline for my lawyer. It was 8 pages and six of them were just over this last month.

I had a consult with my lawyer today. I feel better. He thinks my ex filed all the papaerwork herself. I thought surely the County CYS has their own lawyer that does this. But he said the lawyer's name is usually on the paperwork and there is none. Just hers. So who know's maybe she'll show up at court with no lawyer. She's about as sharp as a stick of butter so it wouldn't surprise me.

But on the other hand...Since my kids are older the judge will put a lot of weight on what they want. And right now they're mad at me because of my rules. They don't want any. They're mad because I didn't want to let my ex spend christmas with me. Etc...Etc...

I think once they get to spend some time with their mother and figure out that it's not going to be any fun living with her. They're going to want to come back. Maybe not right away, but eventually.

Like you said she's a piece of work. They'll figure out that the grass isn't greener on mom's side of the fence...

As a matter of fact I'll bet my middle daughter is already having second thoughts. Just a hunch...

The book is kind of low on my priority list right now. IYKWIM

B
B
Hang in there. You are doing the right thing. I know that you know that. Stay calm, and explain that daughter doesn't like getting passing grades right now, or being grounded for not following the rules of the roost.

Let them know that you love your daughter and expect her to do well and live up to her potential and that will NOT happen if she is allowed to go live with her mom.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks Believer,

After I wrote my time line I read it a couple of times... I stared thinking... Even though my kids don't appreciate me.... I'm a pretty good Father.

You begin to doubt yourself when they always act like your some kind of Ogre. But that's typical teenage rebellion.

B
B
Prayers going up for you tomorrow. May the Lord stand with you and give you the words to save your daughter.

It may be hard, but know that we are all thinking of you.

W
W
Thinking of you today, Amazin. ITA with believer.

Fox

hugAmazin hug

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you Ladies.

I got a continuance. My next hearing is on the 27th.

Keep praying.

Right now I'm exhausted. I'm going to read a litte then take a short nap.

S
S
Hurry up and wait.

Sorry about that. Hang in there.

W
W
I got a continuance.

Did you ASK for one or was there another reason?

What does that do to your contact with kids? Still on hold?

Fox

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Did you ASK for one or was there another reason?

Well... I think both sides have their own reasons for a continuance. So it doesn't bother me or hurt my case to get one.

What does that do to your contact with kids? Still on hold?

The order was modified. The girls can contact me if they want to. I can't initiate it.

W
W
It's interesting they don't mind a continuance. Do they need more time to get their stories straight?

I hope your DDs contact you. Don't be surprised if they don't though. I'm sure they are under a great amount of pressure and are not sure what to do.

I think it will get dropped......

Remember to breathe.

Fox

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I don't know what to think right now. I'm just exhausted.

It's interesting they don't mind a continuance. Do they need more time to get their stories straight?

I don't know why they don't mind.... They said they're waiting on the doctors report from the adolecent mental health facility.

I don't mind because it gives my lawyer a little more time to prepare. I just got my first consultation with him on Tuesday. And it gives the girls a little bigger dose of reality. A little more time to comprehend what life with mom is going to be like.

Since Ex wife, Wayward wife, her boyfriend and 3 teenage kids are living in a small 2 bedroom apartment together ... I don't think it's going to be long before those two women are at each others throats... I've had a couple of people say they'd love to be a fly on the wall in that house...

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I think it will get dropped......

I hope so... but I'm hesitant to say one way or the other. My ex isn't having to pay for anything so I don't think she'll drop it.

And since my kids are older the Judge is going to put a lot of weight on what they want. And right now they all seem to hate me... Sometimes being the custodial parent sucks. I have to be the bad guy and make them do thier homework, or their chores, take them to the doctor, the dentist.... The non custodial parent is all fun and games with no real parental resposibilities. It sucks being the bad guy.

W
W
They said they're waiting on the doctors report from the adolecent mental health facility.

I doubt they are going to see anything they like. Might have info about THEM in there, too, that can't be blamed on YOU.

And it gives the girls a little bigger dose of reality. A little more time to comprehend what life with mom is going to be like.

Exactly. I was thinking that same thing.

Since Ex wife, Wayward wife, her boyfriend and 3 teenage kids are living in a small 2 bedroom apartment together ... I don't think it's going to be long before those two women are at each others throats... I've had a couple of people say they'd love to be a fly on the wall in that house...

That can not be fun for any of them, especially the teenagers so used to their own rooms and stuff and privacy.

I don't imagine that DD15 took anything from her room on the way to the hospital. So all her luxury items are at YOUR house.

The 27th is a fair way off. Much can change by then.

Take a rest and replenish your energy.

Fox

Page 47 of 48 1 2 45 46 47 48

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 298 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation