Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 148 of 160 1 2 146 147 148 149 150 159 160
S
S
I'll just refrain on this forum. IRL, my boss uses it, my supervisor uses it, I use it, my coworkers use it...

Last edited by silentlucidity; 01/14/09 04:08 PM. Reason: Foxy, your triggers are just as evil and valid...

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
OP Offline
S
Any news on the job front, Guy Smiley. I saw the news this morning and they said how many people your company is laying off. Kinda scary.
Thanks for asking, Fox.

What is.

Today many of my favorite co-workers were told their positions are being eliminated. But wait, there's more. From the remaining 17 of us, there are 8 jobs going forward. I don't know whether I'll be one of them, and I'm not sure whether I want to be one of them.

If the job market were better, I would probably welcome being laid off, because I'll get a decent severance and could probably use the change. At the moment, not so much. We'll see.

Not a great day.

C
C
I've been laid off a few times, and somehow things work out. Unemployment doesn't pay much, but it helps keep you from starving.

Will pray for you....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
OP Offline
S
I'll be fine, CL, but thanks. I'm so well off I shouldn't even complain. I admit that I've gotten a bit used to it, though.

J
J
Job market here isn't all that much better SD, but I do have a few friends at Lilly in Indy if you're at all interested in the frozen midwest if worse should come to worst.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks, James!

I'd have to change my screen name.

Last edited by sdguy038; 01/15/09 12:28 PM.
J
J
Originally Posted by sdguy038
Thanks, James!

I'd have to change my screen name.

And lose your Chargers jersey... a dude could get lynched 'round here for less..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
B
B
Hey SD!

Don't feel alone with the job sitch! My company is 'restructuring' as well. Last Friday 20 high level mgrs were let go, and that was just the tip of the iceberg! Today, Drac is fearing for his job, and I am a bit uncertain of mine.

You have absolutely the right attitude about it. Count your blessings and know that no matter what may come, you will be fine.

While I love the Midwest,,,,,today i would not recommend it. 9 degree high today in Columbus! It was ZERO with -15 windchill when I left St. Louis this morning!!!

BURRR!!!!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
OP Offline
S
Record lows where I'm from in Illinois. Brrr.

A friend and I sneaked out of work this afternoon and drove to the beach for a walk. We saw whales. And dolphins.

Stay warm, everyone.

J
J
Jealousy ensues...

I want a beach!... and temps above 0

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
C
C
Houston still has thousands of jobs...

And we have a beach, if you stretch the use of the word a little. smile

I saw a car pull up once in Galveston from North Dakota, I think, and the whole family got out and stood on the Seawall and looked out at our brown sand and browner water, and the look on their faces...if I didn't feel so sorry for them driving all that way, it would have been hysterical.

B
B
Originally Posted by catperson
Houston still has thousands of jobs...

And we have a beach, if you stretch the use of the word a little. smile

I saw a car pull up once in Galveston from North Dakota, I think, and the whole family got out and stood on the Seawall and looked out at our brown sand and browner water, and the look on their faces...if I didn't feel so sorry for them driving all that way, it would have been hysterical.

WOW!!

In Louisiana, we go to Galveston cause that's where the beaches are nicer rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Louisiana, where the marsh mud meets the ocean :RollieEyes:

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
C
C
Today, we had a departmental meeting....my employer 's revenues are running about $81,560,000 PER MONTH below budget. I work in state government. If things don't turn around soon, it's gonna get uglier. My department was able to cut about 15% from the budget without losing any people. But, unless things improve, we could be looking at losing people. I'm starting to worry. Single mom with two teenagers....not good!

C
C
Well, my sales are way down from last year at this time, and I thought they were low last year!! I'm looking at the possiblilty of closing my doors if things don't pick up.

I won't even get unemployment. Bummer.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
L
L
Chai & SD:

Someone asked me why I do taxes...

Thare are only two sure things in life: "Death and Taxes"

And I don't like dead bodies..... :MrEEk: shocked

LG

B
B
Someone asked me why I do taxes...

Thare are only two sure things in life: "Death and Taxes"

And I don't like dead bodies.....

LG

LOL! Lucky for me that there will also always be 'trash'! ha!

SD, what's up mi amigo? How about an update?

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
C
C
Chai, am I gonna need to do another yarn run next month....and bring my dd to change diapers?

S
OP Offline
S
Bug-bombed!

Things are okay. Work is a drag because of the impending layoffs. The music is playing, and we know that there are way fewer chairs than co-workers, but it will be a few weeks before we know exactly who's in and who's out. It's stressful, obviously, but I know that I'm not going to go hungry or have to live under an overpass or anything like that, so I try to keep a healthy perspective.

The drop-off issue with the SCQ is still hanging despite my having asked whether I should go ahead and schedule mediation. I saw my IC the other day and read her the whole exchange, and she politely wondered whether it might just be easier to go ahead and do the exchanges the way the SCQ wants. (Calm down, Fox, I'm not going to.) I speculated that maybe I was making such a big deal out of the exchange thing because it gave me an opportunity to say some of the things about POSOM and the affair that I've been wanting to say but haven't.

I'm still not sure what I'll do. I'm not going to back down on going to POSOM's house. I might be willing to give up the other Sunday exchange if it's what the kids want. The issue won't get forced for another couple of weeks, so I'm letting it simmer.

I went on another date over the weekend--this time with a woman recommended by a friend. All of the dates have been really fun--nice and relaxed. I think I'm doing well so far: I would be happy to go out with any of them again but don't really see any of them leading to a serious relationship.

C
C
Originally Posted by sdguy038
. I saw my IC the other day and read her the whole exchange, and she politely wondered whether it might just be easier to go ahead and do the exchanges the way the SCQ wants. (Calm down, Fox, I'm not going to.) I speculated that maybe I was making such a big deal out of the exchange thing because it gave me an opportunity to say some of the things about POSOM and the affair that I've been wanting to say but haven't.

I read your thread although I rarely comment but I wondered this as well......

L
L
Hi SD,

I speculated that maybe I was making such a big deal out of the exchange thing because it gave me an opportunity to say some of the things about POSOM and the affair that I've been wanting to say but haven't.

...if so, SD, would you say it was worth it?

...All of the dates have been really fun--nice and relaxed. I think I'm doing well so far...

grin

Last edited by lunamare; 01/22/09 03:10 PM.

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
Page 148 of 160 1 2 146 147 148 149 150 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 623 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation