Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 151 of 160 1 2 149 150 151 152 153 159 160
W
W
Hey! I think it is time you purchase a BEDAZZLER!!!!

S
OP Offline
S
I think it's going to be Red Rubies for the reason you mentioned (currently 4 votes rubies, 1 vote rock stars, 1 vote roses). As soon as we get the visors, we'll ruby them up.

Most importantly have you got the treat schedule done???
Mercifully, we have an excellent team mom. She's already hard at work on the treat schedule as well as the banner. It's great.

Hey! I think it is time you purchase a BEDAZZLER!!!!
Good idea! That should be in the suggested list of coach's equipment. Quick-cold packs, tissues, Bedazzler, scorebook, bucket.

W
W
rotflmao

What a great dad you are! Your DD will remember these days for the rest of her life.

High five, amigo. hurray

Fox

C
C
the Rose Red Ruby Rockstars

Personally, I think 5 year old girls would like the Ruby Rockstars!

And, they need red shoe laces!

S
OP Offline
S
Red shoe laces . . . great idea!

W
W
I know! I know!!

Guy Smiley could french braid each one of their hair with a red ribbon going throught it!

laugh

S
OP Offline
S
Would a pony tail using a red rubber band count? I could add the ribbon to that. Another good idea. I'll pick up some red hair ribbon.

I haven't learned the French braid yet. DD5 won't sit still that long, anyway.

Last edited by sdguy038; 02/02/09 05:08 PM.
W
W
Red carpet. yeah, red carpet at their bench.....

grin

C
C
Red bat bags!

Red batting helmets!

I CAN FRENCH BRAID! I LOVE ROAD TRIPS!! I AM AVAILABLE TO BE YOUR FRENCH BRAID CONSULTANT! I COULD EVEN BRAID IN RED RIBBON!

You provide the airline tickets!

P
P
Originally Posted by sdguy038
Would a pony tail using a red rubber band count? I could add the ribbon to that. Another good idea. I'll pick up some red hair ribbon.

I haven't learned the French braid yet. DD5 won't sit still that long, anyway.

Here ya go! Doncha just luv YouTube?

Video on how to french braid hair

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Yeah, no way DD5 would sit still that long, but thanks for the link, PM. I think I could do that. Just as a pride thing one of these days.

Thanks for the offer, Cinders. I'll see what the team budget has available.

I had another idea for a team name: the Red Bulls. There could be a team sponsorship deal. We could put in a pre-game ritual: each girl drinks a Red Bull before we take the field. That would pretty much guarantee I won't be managing next year, I would think.

J
J

SDGuy on French Braiding a whole team full of hair... with cute widdle ribbons..

Originally Posted by sdguy038
I think I could do that. Just as a pride thing one of these days.

skeptical

SD... I'm afraid we're going to have to pull your dude card.

I had another idea for a team name: the Red Bulls. There could be a team sponsorship deal. We could put in a pre-game ritual: each girl drinks a Red Bull before we take the field. That would pretty much guarantee I won't be managing next year, I would think.

You too with the 'next season' speculations already? Eesh.. one game at a time.. you and Chris both.. c'mon fellas!

grin

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
D
D
Hey SD,how have you been? I have been reading your thread for awhile now and I had to get in a word about french braids and baseball. WoW! What a combination. I love to french braid hair, if I lived closer I would braid the whole team! grin I think it's so neat that you are coaching DD5's team! Having met her, I bet it's a real hoot. Both of your kids are so great. Chris and I couldn't get over how well behaved they are and how personable! hurray KUDOS to you DAD! I think SCQ is a real POS of a mother for taking them 25 miles from their school and from you. I believe it was Chris that said that it wouldn't be surprising if they one day said they want to be with you full time. I find it so hard to believe that any parent could abandon their child the way SCQ and Wayzilla have. :twobyfour: I sure hope the karma bus comes to both of them in spades!! Well I just wanted to say hi and let you know that my french braiding skills are quite good! dance2 How's the dating going?? Sounds like you are having fun - you certainly deserve it! Take care, have a great day!

Last edited by dgs53; 02/03/09 12:38 PM.
P
P
each girl drinks a Red Bull before we take the field

and the parents in the stand will wonder why their little darlings are running around the bases TWICE every time they bat.

rotflmao

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Hey, DGS. Thanks for stopping by! And for the kind words.

and the parents in the stand will wonder why their little darlings are running around the bases TWICE every time they bat.
I was going to send the suggestion out to the parents as a joke, but I'm not sure they'll get that I'm joking.

How's the dating going??
I'm kind of on a hiatus. Work has been such a drag lately that I don't feel good enough to put in the energy required. We've been in this limbo--17 of us knowing that we're to be condensed into a group of 6--for three weeks now with one more week to go. Probably. Then we get helpful emails about where the boxes are and reminders to clean out our offices. It's really great for morale.

The first couple of weeks were merely lousy, but it's gotten really bad lately. My depression is acting up a bit--I woke this morning from an infidelidream. My fuse for SCQ-related stupidity is much shorter now. The counseling conflict seems to be resurfacing

All things considered, I'm really doing pretty well. It's just that there are a lot of things to consider at the moment.

Last edited by sdguy038; 02/03/09 04:42 PM. Reason: because I like saying Dumbass
C
C
LOL!!! knowing 5 year olds, maybe the team's name should be the Red Rovers

W
W
KNOCK IT OFF!!!!
hug Goin' out to you, Guy Smiley

Fox

Last edited by wildhorses74; 02/03/09 05:33 PM.
D
D
SD, I'm really sorry about your job. frown It's really scary out there. Chris is worried about his job and mine is not secure as this is my first year at this school district. As if there isn't enough to worry about. My DD17 can't find a job and Chris's DD21 may be getting laid off. Not right, I sure hope our new president gets a chance to make some of the changes he wants to make. SO, enjoy the positive things about your life right now - your wonderful kids!! I think the "Red Skirts" would be a cute name for the team. grin But what do I know! Take care and think positively.....life is good!

dgs53 #2205455 02/03/09 05:43 PM
C
C
redflag Do not name the team the Red Flags! redflag

S
S
Hey Guy. Sorry to hear about all the job stress. I have a friend who worked for a CMO right next door to my work and they were bought out and 'consolidated', meaning lots of people lost their jobs and those that they were gracious enough to allow to keep their jobs had a choice of whether to move to Connecticut or not. She said the last month prior to their operations closing was excruciating.

I sure did pick a fine time to wanna move smirk If I find a job, who's to say that I won't suffer the 'last one in, first one out' syndrome if the new site has budget cuts. Oy!

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
Page 151 of 160 1 2 149 150 151 152 153 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (bb1471), 660 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation