Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 153 of 160 1 2 151 152 153 154 155 159 160
J
J
You know.. I was starting to question whether or not I was imagining some of this stuff in exWW.

Between POM, and you SD.. it sounds like we all divorced the same friggin woman..

So very sad that they had to leave us to find happiness.. and this... is the happiness they've found.

Just another heaping helping of how pointless and abusive all of this really is.

Sad strange smallish women..

OH well..

Who's got two thumbs and is hosting a rousing party this weekend that I would have never been allowed to have under the oppressive regime of the WW?

THIS GUY!

grin

Hope you're doing something to keep your spirits up SD, and not letting this crap get to you too much. Easiest just to have a plan, stick to it, and let her do what she's going to do.. you dictate your actions, not her.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
OP Offline
S
They may have gotten everthing they wanted through their adultery and divorce but they are not happy. I wonder if they are surprised.
Yeah, my problem is that I still want her to see this. The sooner she figures this out, the better it is for the kids.

J
J
Originally Posted by sdguy038
The sooner she figures this out, the better it is for the kids.

Or more likely it's worse SD... more likely, she'll sooner or later figure this out.. but it will be in general terms of -her- unhappiness, inconvenience, and discomfort.

I'd wager good money that her survival instinct will kick in and supress any thoughts of what this has really done to the young lives she should have taken responsibility for.

I don't honestly know how anyone could do this to their children, and maintain a desire to continue breathing.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
OP Offline
S
Hope you're doing something to keep your spirits up SD, and not letting this crap get to you too much. Easiest just to have a plan, stick to it, and let her do what she's going to do.. you dictate your actions, not her.
Yeah, it's all a bit tough at the moment, for reasons I've already said enough about. At least I *know* that and can feel it in myself, and am doing what I can. Appointments with both my mental health professionals tonight. And I think I'm going to blow out of work for the rest of the day, too.

W
W
Originally Posted by sdguy038
They may have gotten everthing they wanted through their adultery and divorce but they are not happy. I wonder if they are surprised.
Yeah, my problem is that I still want her to see this. The sooner she figures this out, the better it is for the kids.

:RollieEyes:

WHY do you think she is so unhappy?

She knows - and she knows that YOU know.

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
SDG: So, look, it wasn't my intention that you get left off the roster, and, for what it's worth, I'm sorry that it came out that way.

I hope you're not preventing DS9 from getting counseling just to hurt me. Please make sure that's not what you're doing. DS9 asked for help. I think we should get it for him.

Yesterday, my IC brought up how I would feel if the situation were reversed on the whole roster thing, and I would have been triggered, too. She seriously overreacted, of course.

I'm trying to get back on the high road. I feel better about myself, and it's likely to make her even angrier that I won't fight with her.

Tomorrow the Red Rubies have our first game. We've had two practices--enough to work on throwing the ball (but not catching it), hitting it off a tee, running the bases, and picking up a rolling ground ball. We haven't had a chance to put it all together, though, so I'm expecting it to be a very entertaining game.

C
C
enough to work on throwing the ball (but not catching it)

Sounds like my guards and posts. Some of my bigs catch a ball like they are wearing baseball mitts on both hands backwards.

She seriously overreacted, of course.
HOW DARE YOU!!!

I hope you're not preventing DS9 from getting counseling just to hurt me. Please make sure that's not what you're doing.

With future HOW DARE YOUs!!! yet to come.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
D
D
Good luck to the Red Rubies!!!! hurray I hope you have someone there with a video camera, those will be very precious moments!Have a great weekend! I will be at Chris's game tonight, I hope they knock em dead! Literally!!! rotflmao

dgs53 #2207732 02/06/09 03:14 PM
B
B
DGS!! Well look what rolled down the mountain!

I just realized you had your own profile.

SD,

I coached T-ball last year and will be again this year. That's some funny and amazing stuff

and yeah, uniforms and snacks are waaaay more impt than the game

I remember half the team running off to the other team b/c they whipped out their snacks first.

lotsa "Get Back Over Here!" in T-ball

Have Fun

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
W
W
Yesterday, my IC brought up how I would feel if the situation were reversed on the whole roster thing, and I would have been triggered, too. She seriously overreacted, of course.

Oh, boo frickin' hoo for her. Instead of spouting off at YOU she could have called the person doing the roster and said "I notice that I was inadvertantly left off the rest, would you please add me?"

She wanted to vent at you, specifically, and she did.

and it's likely to make her even angrier that I won't fight with her.

OR, she thinks she is superior and that she wins by default.

Either way, if it makes YOU feel better to not engage, then not engaging is a good idea.

I engage because it does make me feel better. I hate stuff riding on my chest anymore. When WxH sends a stinger, I tend to sock him (figuratively) right between the eyes back. Gee, I wonder why he doesn't engage anymore? grin It's all good. Less engagement from him means less is riding on my chest that I feel I need to unload. KWIM?

Tomorrow the Red Rubies have our first game. We've had two practices--enough to work on throwing the ball (but not catching it), hitting it off a tee, running the bases, and picking up a rolling ground ball. We haven't had a chance to put it all together, though, so I'm expecting it to be a very entertaining game.

hurray Good luck!!!

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
SCQ: Forget the rooster. Whats done is done.

I wanted to know what concerns you had independent from anything else.

Not sure how to respond to this.

C
C
Forget the rooster.

Rooster? Is she into [censored] fights now?

I wanted to know what concerns you had independent from anything else.

Hmmmmmm...sincerity or setup?.......Hmmmmmmm

Last edited by chrisner; 02/06/09 04:53 PM. Reason: Geezzz.....Male Chicken Fights for Crips Sake

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
I didn't even notice the rooster thing. And [censored] fights being censored. That's hilarious.

But, yeah, how to interpret the other part. And how to respond. If at all.

C
C
I don't get the, "independent from anything else" part.

You never told her anything about DS9's recent concerns.

I can't say [censored] fight? How very limiting in my daily speech and written communications. I talk about [censored] fights several times a day.

Can I say cockpit???

Nope. We can't talk about a pilots seat on a plane either.

Last edited by chrisner; 02/06/09 05:00 PM.

S
OP Offline
S
Yeah, it sounds like she's asking me what I think.

I can't say [censored] fight? How very limiting in my daily speech and written communications.
I wonder if you can say cockfight. I like it how you can say JACK and [censored] but not [censored].

Last edited by sdguy038; 02/06/09 05:01 PM. Reason: cockfight! cockpit! cockamamie! jackass!
C
C
Shuttlecock??

Good! We can have badminton discussions!

Cockshuttle?

Crap! That limits our talks about antique tractors!

Last edited by chrisner; 02/06/09 05:06 PM.

W
W
Rooster!!! hahahaa rotflmao

But, yeah, how to interpret the other part. And how to respond. If at all.

Hmmmm.... I'd almost consider responding in kind. She asked pleasantly enough. Maybe just truly lay out what you think and what you would like to see for him in a non-confrontational way.

IDK.

Yeah, I didn't get the "independent of everything else" statement, either.

Fox

Last edited by wildhorses74; 02/06/09 05:08 PM. Reason: hahahaaa! You guys are too funny
C
C
She asked pleasantly enough.

skeptical

HOW DARE YOU CALL MY ROOSTER A [censored]!!!!

Last edited by chrisner; 02/06/09 05:13 PM.

W
W
Originally Posted by chrisner
She asked pleasantly enough.

skeptical

In comparison to the last cokamamie blowup.

Fox

Last edited by wildhorses74; 02/06/09 05:15 PM.
C
C
You know if we were all together and wanted to go to the lounge for a cocktail and continuance of this discussion we could not?

Page 153 of 160 1 2 151 152 153 154 155 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (bb1471), 703 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation