Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 154 of 160 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 159 160
W
W
Originally Posted by chrisner
You know if we were all together and wanted to go to the lounge for a cocktail and continuance of this discussion we could not?

I thought you drank the heavy stuff - not cocktails.

Fox

C
C
Actually I recently had my first martini at a very nice place in Fort Collins a few weeks ago with DGS. It was so good it turned into a mar-two-ni.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
W
W
Did you hold your pinky up while you were drinking them? rotflmao

C
C
No, it was more like Sean Connery I think. Without the accent. He did not do the pinky thing.

Last edited by chrisner; 02/06/09 05:49 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
W
W
Good for you, DGS must be a good influence. wink

L
L
Hi SD,

I don't get the, "independent from anything else" part.

Just got caught up on your thread.

I see SCQ is being 'vague' as I also wonder what she means by the phrase. Hard to believe she is prepared to 'listen' to anything you have to say and be sincere about it....so my first reaction is that it may be a 'set up' and you will 'lose' no matter what you decide to reply.

Would it be important and/or helpful to you to ask her to elaborate?

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
C
C
So did the parents burn an effigy of the coach on the infield after the game?

Maybe a parent or two who dissented (you know the "favored" kids parents) tried to put it out by squirting Sunny-D from the little juice packet straws?

I think the parents have "Effigy Night" for me next week. I'll buy some marshmallows.

How be the Red Rubies?

S
OP Offline
S
Would you believe we got rained out? No ceremonies, no games. A wet weekend in San Diego. It rained last night and today--it fits my mood. I was at work for all of a minute and a half before I wanted to get out of here. Now I have to go to a meeting to discuss closeout activities while still not knowing whether I am in or out. A few more days.

Sigh.

Didn't respond to the SCQ. My mom talked to her over the phone to discuss logistics stuff and relayed the counseling discussion. Mom said she sounded reasonable and didn't think that it would be an issue. I guess we'll see.

S
OP Offline
S
There used to be a thread about Initial Reactions to thread titles, but I haven't seen it for a while. Every now and then I'll see a topic I haven't noticed before.

Today it was "Input to Plan B Draft," to which my response was "I hope I get taken in the first round, because that's where the big signing bonus money is."

B
B
nothing beats

Painfulgrowth's Thread (sex addict in recovery)

rotflmao

There's nothing worse than having a painful growth when you're a sex addict cry

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
S
OP Offline
S
It's official -- I've been laid off, but it's really a good thing. I get a very generous severance package, and I get to get out of here.

The company has been downsizing like crazy for the past several years trying to deal with the huge loss of revenus that comes when drugs go off patent. Three years ago my workgroup went from 230 people to 30 people, and that's the point where it stopped being a career for me and started being a job.

Granted, it's been a cushy and well-paying job, but my talents have been underutilized for a long time. The timing worked out well with respect to my mental state--at the time I was least able to function professionally, there really wasn't anything challenging for me to do. It would be nice to do some work I can feel proud of again. I mean really proud.

So I don't think I'm angry about it, really. Venting a bit about the hypocrisy involved in the process, which is all about the unwritten leader behavior "Don't get sued," but that can't be helped.

It's a relief to finally know.

W
W
Wow, sdguy, that's not what I was expecting to hear. I'm glad you are taking it so well and that it won't be too much of a hardship for you.

There are days I WISH I would get laid off. But I wouldn't get the generous severance package - so that curbs the dream a bit.

It would be nice to do some work I can feel proud of again. I mean really proud.

I think this is a wonderful way to look at it. It could very well turn into an opportunity for you.

I think downturn in the economy will be a wake up call and force changes. That can be a good thing.

I saw on MSN today about Exxon possibly going bust - I can't say it would break my heart. smile Greediness is catching up with people/companies, it's time to recognize what true value really is - employees and customers have been long underappreciated in some places, IMHO.

I'm pulling for you, sdguy, looking forward to seeing what life has in store for you.

How's the Rubies?

Fox

C
C
You sound good in spite of it. Been there 3-times over the past 30 years. I always came out better for it.

But it still stinks. You have had a pretty teriffic 3-years haven't you?

Come on back to Colorado if you need to get away for a few days. A quick trip to Daveco and everything will look better.

S
S
I have nothing wise to say. Hey, maybe we can start a virtual company; for what? I have no idea, I'm just the hands of the operation; you're gonna have to be the brains...

hug

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
L
L
Hi SD,

It would be nice to do some work I can feel proud of again. I mean really proud.

...as long as you see it as an opportunity, and are given the means to 'turn around', it's all good!

As you say, at least now 'you know' and can focus and plan ahead.

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the thoughts, everyone.

You have had a pretty teriffic 3-years haven't you?
I had that thought the other day. "Jeez, for the past three years the world has [censored] all over me," but it's all about perspective. When I think about the life I was born into, the opportunities I've had, health, education, lifestyle, the kids I have, the opportunities that are still in front of me, I'm one of the luckiest guys around.

As you say, at least now 'you know' and can focus and plan ahead.
It began to feel like relief as soon as I figured out which way it was going to go. I could have made a positive case either way, but I'm just as happy that it's gone this way. Some of my former colleagues are reacting to this news just like the reaction to the news that the divorce finally went through--"I don't know whether to say Congratulations or I'm sorry," and it completely fits.

Hey, maybe we can start a virtual company
I think this is a great idea. It's just when we go to try to pay our mortgages with virtual money that worries me.

for what? I have no idea
Yeah, short of the Betrayed Spouses' Tranquility Spa and Shooting Range, I haven't got much at the moment. I'll get to work on it, though.

How's the Rubies?
We had a practice yesterday (after I had figured out I was out)and it was great. I think we're ready for our first game on Saturday. I mean, as ready as 5/6-year old girls can possibly be for their first softball game. They're talking about rain again for this weekend.

J
J
Sorry about the loss of the job, but it sounds like you've got a really positive outlook.

Things like -this- tend to happen for a reason in retrospect, and so long as you find something you enjoy doing down the road.. it's all just stepping stones.

You seem really mentally and emotionally sound these days man, and while I don't post much anymore I have been keeping up. Can't tell you how many times I've said to myself in the last month many of the things you've been reflecting in the past couple of weeks. It's a journey.. and I think we're coming out better for it.

From one pretty lucky guy to another.. cheers mate.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
P
P
SDGuy,

I know how it feels - the heady days of Pharma are gone. I'm currently part of the team that's evaluating to outsource my department at a major Pharma. Our WW's have a lot in common. My divorce should be final in the next couple of weeks - I'm not sure whether to pop the champagne or drink some shots in sorrow!

I changed my "relationship status" to nothing on my FaceBook page the other day and I got about a dozen congratulations messages!

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
B
B
SD,

Sweetie, I'm sorry too about the job. Yes, you seem to be handling it with the right attitude!! Good for you! Keep a concerted effort to remain confident in your abilities/skills! We've all been there and it's easy to lose that as time goes along.

You are a valuable asset and will be so to the next organization that is lucky enough to have you!! I'm SO happy to learn that you were given a good comp package! Use some time to enjoy & breath a bit! I see some nice walks on the beach in your future,,,,not to mention lots of batting practices!!

I hope the weather stays clear for the weekend!! Can't wait to hear about the Red Rubies first win celebration!!

Oh and about this,,,

Yeah, short of the Betrayed Spouses' Tranquility Spa and Shooting Range, I haven't got much at the moment. I'll get to work on it, though.

It's a great start,,,,,,I would take a vaca here!!

Is it ok to pay with virtual $$??

Last edited by Bugsmom; 02/13/09 08:37 AM.

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
B
B
SDG,

Keep your chin up. My brother told me, when dealing with WW, that my bad karma was coming to an end and her bad karma was about to start.

Since then I've gotten more time with my kids, big reduction in CS, a great new GF, and the job has gotten more interesting.

Her? Car accident, back problems, losses in court.

So I get the same vibe for you.

Signed:

An old friend with a new name.

Page 154 of 160 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 159 160

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation