Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Mike_C2
[quote=GreenMile]
If you knew her, you would understand why there is no risk on my part with this agreement. Even if she suddenly changed her persona and values and just blindsided me out of the blue, our sons would never speak to her again.

Do you ever read what you've written before clicking "submit"?
I don't understand what you are objecting to, Mike. Is there something wrong here? Please explain. Did I not word that well? Maybe I am just dumb. Not only would she not abuse a retroactive 100% post-nup, but she knows that our beloved sons would find that abhorrent as well, and they are her life. It just is not going to happen. Or maybe you are saying again that if it is no risk, then why draw it up that way? I wrote earlier that the whole thing is a statement of commitment and puts a huge roadblock in front of me, in case my problem is compulsive and rears its ugly head in my mind in the future. That is the reason for drawing it up in that manner if we can find an attorney who will do it. It shouldn't be that difficult to grasp.

FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Pepperband
in case it is a compulsive behavior disorder

I think it is disingenuous to imply that your near 3 decades of immorality might be a "disorder". All while acting as a pillar in the medical community.
If you actually have a "disorder" , tell SSS to have the courts assign adult conservertorship over to your wife and sons, for the remainder of your life. You are obviously too ill to take care of your own business.

You cannot have it both ways.
Are you immoral or are you ill?
I don't believe it is a disorder. I am a grown up, and I take responsibility for my actions. I have been immoral and cruel. As far as I am concerned, the person who I was is dead. But the worry on my wife's part is that it could be a "disorder". The 100% post-nup is partly to diminish her fears that it could be a disorder, and that I would repeat this at some point. She is worried about that possibility, because after this, she has reason to worry about any possibility, even though she recognizes the change in me.

It seems that my explanations for wanting to structure this agreement in such a drastic way are being seen as some kind of ruse by me. TST knows what I am saying. It is a precaution. That's all. It is for both reducing doubt and mistrust by SSS and for building safeguards to protect my own weaknesses. It may sound disingenuous to you, but people are capable of changing. People grow up sometimes, even 50 years too late. I have to believe that I can and am. Hope and determination are what keeps us all alive. I don't mean that as lecture. I am the one who has been horrible. But I have to believe that I am changing and can change myself for the better forever, or why am I even making these efforts?

Last edited by GreenMile; 02/12/09 11:59 AM.

FWH, age 63. 24 years of narcissistic behavior, infidelity, and emotional abandonment of my BS, age 57, DancesWithGoats (DWG). D-day two years ago, leading to emotional breakdown. Been working MB program and toward spiritual transformation and personal growth since then, with some slow but real progress. DWG still with no trust, but with grief starting to subside a bit.
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by GreenMile
If you knew her, you would understand why there is no risk on my part with this agreement.

How convenient, no risk, for you. No risk for you. No risk for you.

High fives all around???

No risk for you.

No risk that she will abuse it. Gigantic risk to me, if I abuse it. Does that make sense?

Last edited by GreenMile; 02/12/09 11:57 AM.

M
M

You could sell ice to Eskimoes, I'll give you credit for that.

S
S
GM in my opinion, you are not trying very hard on this postnup thing. Here is a simple thing you can do NOW. Give your wife what you have been giving to skanks for twenty years. How much have you spent on skanks per month? 1500 a month? Then it is this amount over 20 years....

1. Get $300,000.00 or $400,000.00 together in one account.

2. Go to that bank and have the bank write up a cashiers check for that amount for you with your wife's name on it. (A check for $400,000.00 is AT LEAST the amount you spent on prostitutes and skanks in 20+ years).

3. Put the check in a separate bank account with only her name on it. Take home the signature page for her to sign.

4. On Valentines Day, present her with a nice box of chocolates with either the check, or the signature page to her private account in there. Wrap it up pretty.

NO WOMAN COULD REFUSE THIS GIFT FROM YOU!!!!!

S
S
Let me say one more thing. Any man like you who is NOT willing to put his money where is mouth is (er...ah....was!) is not anyone to be trusted, is not a real man,, and is not going toward recovery, and is not truly remorseful.

You paid out the families money on these skanks! Put your money where your mouth is and give your wife AT LEAST THAT MUCH FAMILY MONEY......back!!!!

FORGET THE POSTNUP, GIVE HER THE CASH NOW!!!!!!

Last edited by Stellakat; 02/12/09 01:13 PM.
G
OP Offline
G
Re: Eskimos.

LOL. I mean that in a good way.

BTW, how much should I charge them, MIke?

Last edited by GreenMile; 02/12/09 01:25 PM.

M
M

this is what I am hearing:

You can't get any lawyer to write up a pre-nup that would hold.

Your sons and W would not let you suffer the impact of the proposed settlement anyway.

Why not just write one up on a cocktail napkin and say you will cut off your right hand if you get caught cheating again?

Fits all the above criteria.

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Stellakat
GM in my opinion, you are not trying very hard on this postnup thing. Here is a simple thing you can do NOW. Give your wife what you have been giving to skanks for twenty years. How much have you spent on skanks per month? 1500 a month? Then it is this amount over 20 years....

2. Go to that bank and have the bank write up a cashiers check for that amount for you with your wife's name on it. (A check for $400,000.00 is AT LEAST the amount you spent on prostitutes and skanks in 20+ years).

3. Put the check in a separate bank account with only her name on it. Take home the signature page for her to sign.

4. On Valentines Day, present her with a nice box of chocolates with either the check, or the signature page to her private account in there. Wrap it up pretty.

Stella, there are so many people here who mean well and make sense. I try to read what they say and take it to heart, and they are helping me. You are not one of them.

Stella, this is not about money. She does not want to PAID OFF. This is a matter of the heart...and of the future between two people who still love each other and want to repair their marriage. As Mike said to me, "Do you read your stuff before you push the SUBMIT button"? Are you actually a BS or a WS, or are you just lurking here for entertainment?

B
B
Wow. I'm not sure where the wires got crossed but I think GM is saying that there is no risk to him because he knows sss is not an abusive woman so he trusts that she will not use the post-nup just to stick it to him out of malice. And if for some reason, sss did, her children would be peeved with her because they think better of their mother. What's wrong with that? confused

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Mike_C2
this is what I am hearing:

You can't get any lawyer to write up a pre-nup that would hold.

Your sons and W would not let you suffer the impact of the proposed settlement anyway.

Why not just write one up on a cocktail napkin and say you will cut off your right hand if you get caught cheating again?

Fits all the above criteria.

I have been to only one attorney. She wouldn't do it and gave me two other names. I will make sure we do it with one who agrees to be representing only my wife, not me. The second comment is correct, but any largesse by her would be very limited. Your third suggestion would not accomplish the actual goal IMO (I know you are just joking). The goal is to guarantee that she will not lose her home, land, and lifestyle if I am unfaithful ever again. The 100% is to give her total control over her future with me, which is the most important thing for her. She would control whatever she would be willing to help me with in that eventuality. It would be at her discretion. The 100% is also to show my level of commitment. As for the money, itself, I would much rather live well and be in love with my wife and remain in this beautiful home than to hurt her ever again and live off her generosity in some tiny bungalow. The retroactive aspect, again, is to give her total control. This should not be so hard to understand.

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by black_raven
Wow. I'm not sure where the wires got crossed but I think GM is saying that there is no risk to him because he knows sss is not an abusive woman so he trusts that she will not use the post-nup just to stick it to him out of malice. And if for some reason, sss did, her children would be peeved with her because they think better of their mother. What's wrong with that? confused

Thank you. You say it so much better and simpler than I. I have always been addicted to words. Another bad habit, I guess.

G
OP Offline
G

Thank you BR. You say it so much better and simpler than I. I have always been addicted to words. Another bad habit, I guess.

Sorry. The site was stuck, and I pushed the SUBMIT button again. I don't know how to get rid of a double post.

Last edited by GreenMile; 02/12/09 02:08 PM.

B
B
You're welcome. Comes from years of practice of filtering.

To delete a post, hit the "edit" button. A "delete" button will show up to the far right under the post. That bit of information will cost you $400,000. I accept AMEX and wires. stickout

But getting thanked twice will do. grin

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
S
S
That bit of information will cost you $400,000.

rotflmao

Happily married to HerPapaBear

S
S
I am here for the entertainment. lashes

Last edited by Stellakat; 02/12/09 03:18 PM.
M
M
I have been to only one attorney. She wouldn't do it and gave me two other names. I will make sure we do it with one who agrees to be representing only my wife, not me.

A document signed by you without legal counsel would be MORE binding?

The goal is to guarantee that she will not lose her home, land, and lifestyle if I am unfaithful ever again. The 100% is to give her total control over her future with me, which is the most important thing for her.[quote]

So sign the property over to her now, and set up an annuity solely for her. You seem to have the means.

[quote] She would control whatever she would be willing to help me with in that eventuality. It would be at her discretion.

WADR, I think you return to this refrain because with decades of dominance and manipulation you feel comfortable winning any future tussle with guilt and your other considerable skills.

M
M
Originally Posted by Stellakat

Stella, there are so many people here who mean well and make sense. I try to read what they say and take it to heart, and they are helping me. You are not one of them.

Stella, this is not about money. She does not want to PAID OFF. This is a matter of the heart...and of the future between two people who still love each other and want to repair their marriage. As Mike said to me, "Do you read your stuff before you push the SUBMIT button"? Are you actually a BS or a WS, or are you just lurking here for entertainment?

GM, I said this yesterday to SSS in <cough> similar circumstances: You don't have to answer everyone in this board.

G
OP Offline
G
You're welcome. Comes from years of practice of filtering.

To delete a post, hit the "edit" button. A "delete" button will show up to the far right under the post. That bit of information will cost you $400,000. I accept AMEX and wires. stickout

But getting thanked twice will do. grin

Excellent. Thanks.

Excellent. Thanks

G
OP Offline
G
OK. LOL

Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation