Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks guys for all the help and offers, but I don't think I will hear from him anymore.
I told him last time to get a lawyer I will see him in court, I really beleive we are done, he is not going to change his mind and I have to take care of me.
I promise I am going dark, no contact and I will give it to God now.

S
S
I swear....sometimes I think I am talking just to hear myself.

You will still need to communicate to him certain things....you have CHILDREN.

Trust me I know I have been there.....and every conversation will turn into an arguement for awhile.....a lawyer is not an intermediary.
They do not assist you in scheduling certain things or if things change suddenly. Once the divorce is done the lawyer had done there job.

But like I told someone the other night there will always be an excuse to not do something.....so you will never accomplish what you need to. I think instead of protecting yourself and kids you want the drama to continue so you will be getting the attention your lacking.

I mean you come here depressed and sullen complaining about what has happened and what you allowed to happen but when advice is given from veterans who have been through this you brush it off or ignore it.

So you come here for what sympathy? This is a place designed for people to help others from experience. Not a coddle session for the door mat who refuses stand up for herself and most of all your children.

YOU are the one the boys will look up to during this and what exactly are you teaching them. Maybe they should expect there girlfriends/wives to lay down and just take it while they do whatever pleases them.

B
OP Offline
B
Whatever goodbye I won't be back so don't bother replying.
I came here for help and yes it is hard to accept sometimes whan all you want is your life that has been taken from you, but if I want to be treated like that I'll talk to him

S
S
Well winner winner chicken dinner.

Give up if you want. That's your call. People have tried to help you so don't complain because someone called you out for not following through on what you claimed you wanted. H-E-L-P

In the end you will have to explain to your children and deal with there anger at why you didn't do more to protect them.
In the mean time we will focus on the people who actually want to do something about there situations and welcome the advice they ask for.

Last edited by SIHW; 02/27/09 07:47 PM.
K
K
Browneyes, why are you swatting aside the help?

We can't give you sympathy....

This is not a place for coddling or for pats on the back for failed attempts at true plan Bs.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
D
D
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES
Whatever goodbye I won't be back so don't bother replying.
I came here for help and yes it is hard to accept sometimes whan all you want is your life that has been taken from you, but if I want to be treated like that I'll talk to him

No one is trying to hurt you. We are trying to HELP.

When we see someone walking barefoot back into the fire again and again...what do you expect? We are getting frustrated because you won't listen!!!

Charlotte

D
D
bumping for Browneyes...

BE, I know you are/were frustrated with some of the replies you were getting but they were true. Not to be mean but it was sincere advice meant to try to help you--not offend you.

I hope you are still reading on MB as it is a valuable source for coping with our situations. And, a source of great support regardless of whether or not we like the responses.

I hope you are doing alright and if you can give us an update???

Last edited by dawn012365; 03/06/09 03:15 PM.
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation