Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
M
M
Email and phone account passwords are at best a placebo. I often begin a new email simply to have one I can dispose of once it has served its purpose, usually to register for a contest or to register something I have downloaded. The nature of free email is that you can start a new one any time you feel like it.

So what will you do to prevent yourself from starting another secret email account?

That is what you have to prove here Coho, that you will never have secrets again of any kind.

As for letting ZW see your phone records, that too means very little. Even those who have a fancy phone with a fruit on the back can go to Walmart and buy a throw away prepaid phone for about 25 bucks. How will you prove to ZW that you have not and will not do that?

You can load a key logger onto your desktop and your laptop, but as far as I am aware, there is no equivalent for the i-phone. Since part of the i-phone's claim to fame is retrieving email, how can you prove to ZW that you aren't getting emails from your phone and deleting them before he gets to see them?

You can call ZW from the car and talk to him all the way to work, the whole time you are there and all the way home. A GPS tracker can account for where you really where during all that time. But ZW called you and asked about where you were and you told him you were working late to help clean up when you were really with OM at his house to celebrate OM's birthday by having sex with him. What will you do to show ZW that you are really where you claim to be, that your phone is really with you and more importantly that you won't lie to him any more about any of this crap?

Coho, you aren't really sorry that you hurt ZW only that he found out you were hurting him...

You claimed to be sorry that you hurt him before and yet you went to OM's house willingly, with planned intent for the purpose of having sex with him within hours of trying to convince everyone, ZW included that you were truly remorseful and wanted to prove that you were deserving of the second chance ZW was giving you, really more of a third, or fourth or fifth chance or some such. What will you do to prove to ZW that you are now really willing to protect him, your marriage and your family from your selfishness?

A wayward spouse does not become a former wayward spouse by not having sex with the affair partner for a few hours, or days, or weeks or even months. Even severing all contact does not make one a former WS. It isn't merely not boinking OM that will earn you the right to be a former WW but a change in the way you think. It will be understanding how you were able to so cavalierly allow yourself to betray ZW and knowing how you will make sure that it simply can't ever happen again that will do that.

And by "can't" I don't mean simply a commitment to not do it since you committed to not boinking POSOM before, then ran to him one weekend and got 2X4'd here for it only to spend the next weekend boinking OM again. What will you do to prevent that from ever happening again?

You see, your focus is on trying to get ZW to let you remain in the marriage. You are trying to keep from being thrown out and discarded like trash. The real problem is that you have acted like trash and your focus needs to be on becoming something other than the way you acted.

You hooked up with OM at your job... Quit!
You contacted OM on your phone...Change your number!
You live close enough to OM that you can go looking for him and he can come looking for you...Move! (If necessary, move to a foreign country)
You acted like a white trash ho...reclaim your self respect and stop acting that way!

If you think I'm being harsh, consider what I might have wanted to say...

Mark

O
O
Originally Posted by cohosalmon
Originally Posted by lildoggie
Thank you.

Please answer this question:

Secondly, I admit I havent been on for a couple of hours so forgive me if you have already answred this (I will look back over after posting this) how are we going to protect Zen and Coho from self destructing Coho? Its a real question and one I asked Flick alot after our FR. I see you have given Zen the passowrds to the secret email, thats a start.

I have given log in/password to email account.
I have given log in/password to our cell account to see full phone records
I have downloaded GPS tracking to my iPhone
I have called friends and family to apologize
I have talked to Harley this AM and ZW will on Wednesday

Should I just leave? should I go out to my mom's? people seem to be saying I should just do that on my own, but, really? doesn't Harley say to stay close?

I'll sign a post-nup - I'm sure Adam's dad will have someone draw one up shortly.

I did another NC with ZW - we drove to OM's condo and taped it to the door with OM's key.

I'm so scared I really, really broke him. I feel so horrible. Just horrible. I love ZW and want only ZW.

my call with Harley this morning was to set up strategy so that I have a plan to have hope in and to carry on and fight and keep from going down this path again.

I would not blame ZW for divorcing me. I deserve that.

Of course you wouldn't blame him. You would just move on back with the OM. You two would get married. Pop a kid or two, and then you'd start interviewing for his replacement.

Just how do you think it would end with the OM, if you married him?

You are so scared? You really broke him? Scared of what? A lesser men might have ended it all after what you have done to ZEN.

Were you scared when he called you at 3:00 when you were in bed with the OM. After you told him you were staying late to clean the place up, you just rolled over and took up where you left off.

I'll bet everything is really [censored] and span there now.

O
O
It's different because I'm willing to put my a$$ on the line - regardless of whether or not ZW does give me a chance or not. Any stupid prideful BS I had is not part of me anymore.It's different because I'm willing to put my a$$ on the line - regardless of whether or not ZW does give me a chance or not. Any stupid prideful BS I had is not part of me anymore.

Maybe POSOM dumped POSCoho.

You still haven't answered the tough questions.

You still won't take responsibility for yourself.

M
M
Originally Posted by lildoggie
These steps are great. If you are serious then you need to call out to Tst, Lousy golfer, melody lane who are great, hard hitting but awakening of wayward people.

Sorry, but Melodylane is puking.

You'll have to excuse me, but I am so repulsed and disgusted by this. It is one thing to hear about this filth second hand, but it is downright sickening to have to listen to the phony, false, putrid, lying words here. I feel like i need to take a bath. It is sickening and I don't have the stomach for it. I hate evil and I hate mean, cruel people, coho. They suck. You have been an abuser for a very long time so cruelty is a way of life for you. It makes me sick.

This is the way of life in an affairage. It is very unfortunate that Zen used such tragic bad judgment, but I am not going to ignore the fact that he knowingly married a cheater who was having an affair. A cheater cheats. REal simple. We can all see that.

sorry, but I don't have the stomach to read this anymore.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Coho:

It was too easy.

Zen out of the house, the kids are gone, and your working!

In some respects, your just another wayward getting her kicks.

Nothing wrong with that. Zen will take me back.

Maybe that dynamic will CHANGE. And he WON'T. What then?

Oh well, at least you taked to the Harleys twice, and posted here. SEE>>> Look how I TRIED!

The only thing that needs to change is YOU.

As the post said, you didn't need to get into his car, you didn't need to go to his place, etc, etc.

At any time, all you have to do it hit the "stop" button. But you didn't.

I couldn't. And Flamingo DIDN'T know. Zen KNOWS. And still you continue.

Your list of the things you have done?

Its a START. But unless you CHANGE, it doesn't matter. Heck, Flamingo has access to all my passwords. But I have three computers in my office, a laptop, and a payphone up the street. Too many things to check. And Zen doesn't have to check anymore. He can just assume that your arranging your next hook-up by means that he can't detect. And the only way to prove him different is not to plan any more hook-ups.

You can post here all day that you he can have the kids, the car, the house, the money, whatever. Means nothing. Sure you can use what is posted against Zen, but none of it can be used to force you into giving up ANY of your rights. And you know this. Post-Nups too. Documents signed under duress are not admissable in court. Anything signed under the threat of divorce or abandonment would be easy to wiggle out of. Sign a legal seperation agreement, giving away those things. That would mean something.

But you know already, you don't care about the material things. Zen can have them all. Even the kids. You want something different.

The complete destruction of Zen perhaps?
Maybe, just Maybe, I can pull this one off?
No one is allowed to see the real Coho? And to really do what would be needs to do, Coho would be exposed for what she really is?

Coho? I've been there. Its was ALL laid bare. More and more, layer after layer of LG was peeled away as Flamingo and I rebuilt LG.

What happened then? Intimacy. An intimancy that NEVER existed in our marriage, or relationship. I removed all my walls. And Flamingo didn't start pulling everything out and throwing it away. She lost her walls too.

I don't have to run to another woman to get validation now. Its a powerful thing.

All things are possible. This may be the bottom, and you can climb back. Or, its just where you splatted for right now. In life, there really is no bottom. There is a decision to stop going down. Because there is always worse.

You can do this. Zen can help. And he might not want to. But this is up to you.

LG

M
M
Coho,

You mention feeling like Goliath. Consider this...
Goliath was felled by a small boy with a little stone in a sling shot...

He DIED at the hands of a young boy...

It was his arrogance that killed him, Coho. He believed he was invincible and was destroyed because of his belief in such a foolish thing. And his nation lost the battle and the war because he was foolish...

Goliath was not a hero, Coho. He was in fact a loser...

He lost because of his pride.

The hero was a small boy who placed his trust in God and not in his own strength.

You cannot remain faithful by an act of will alone. It takes something much stronger than that. I am certain you did not go out looking for OM in order to betray ZW. It wasn't that you woke up one day and decided "today I will go find someone to destroy my marriage with." You fell because you allowed yourself to go near the edge. You allowed yourself to go where you had no business in being. You went where your weaknesses were exposed, weaknesses you already knew you had, that were a part of who you are.

Your affair began when you failed to not have one. It wasn't the first time you had sex with OM or even the first time you met with him and kept it a secret from your husband. It happened when you let yourself not remain focused on protecting your marriage.

You seem to know a lot, Coho. You are no doubt quite intelligent. A pity you acted like such a fool and believed your own lies and smoke screens.

Mark

C
C
It's different because I'm willing to put my a$$ on the line - regardless of whether or not ZW does give me a chance or not. Any stupid prideful BS I had is not part of me anymore.
What a crock. You really are good at making words sound good, aren't you? MY problem is that I'm a writer by profession. It's really easy for me to see when someone crafts responses to elicit a certain end. You're very good at it.

But I have a question for you.

Just for grins, say Zen does NOT let you back in. Will you be back in OM's arms tomorrow?

C
C

How about this?

How about you and Zen TAKE YOUR COMPUTER, YOUR PHONE, AND YOUR CAR TO GOODWILL AND GIVE IT ALL TO THEM. Then you move in with your mom and make her promise to not let you out of the house for the next 3 months and not let you have her telephone for the next 3 months?

In the old days, what happened was you would now be living in a convent up in the mountains somewhere without phone, car, or electricity, in a woolen dress and no hair.

Lucky you.

Q
Q
Wow, I have to say I have had quite an evening reading this whole thread. I in no way am offering what is truth or not because I'm simply not smart enough.

Having said that, I would like to interject my own thoughts and hope it doesn't offend anyone.

When I came on MB it was explained to me that my WH was an ADDICT who thought of nothing else but getting that next fixed. He would LIE LIE LIE LIE. He was a con, he was so very good.

I'm not sure where I am going with this, so beat me up in a minute if you please. It was introduced pages earlier that Coho has a problem with drinking. I don't know if that has been established or not. It seems to be that this behavior is EXACTLY what the ADDICTED mind does. ANYTHING TO GET THEIR NEXT FIX. They lie, cheat and steal because that's what ADDICTS do.

I'm not qualified to get into whether Zen wants a chance with his wife, but I am qualified to say that if Dr. Harley likens affairs to a ADDICTION we are seeing it in its purest form and at the very least could learn from this. She had everyone fooled for the most part. I'm sure it's easy now to sit back and see where things don't ring true, but when it was happening.....

Where does she go from here. Well that's up to her and her G-d. Has she hit rock bottom, it's certainly not for me to judge. Has her actions caused her to end her marriage. Again not my decision.

What I do know is that even when someone in AA relapse over and over again, we just love on them more by praying for them. Which is what I intend to do.

JMHO

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
here's that post I mentioned

Originally Posted by pepperband
When the 'dumb answers' thread was started, I had trouble restricting myself to two posts. There were about 137 dumb answers I could have dropped in right away. I notice the thread is still growing healthily, so clearly 'fog' is a universal mirth-maker.

I was also struck by Kat's thread on how tough it must be to be the deliverer of the dumb answer, the one deep in fog.

So yesterday, during an interminable technical seminar and a long motorway journey, I found myslef wondering just how WS's get into that situation. My own H has described his own situation to me very clearly, and I've generated my own homespun psychology to explain it. I suppose I'm still at the stage where I'm trying to make sense of everything.

So the following is a personal slant on what I think goes on in the mind of affair partners, and how I think the fog works. It's talking about the 'soulmate' kind of affair - I think fling-type affairs follow different paths. I'd find it useful to know if it matches with others' experiences.

And it's LONG.

To begin with, I believe that 'fog' is a distorted reality.

‘Reality’ for each of us, consists principally of two things – our ‘life model’, and our value system.

The ‘life model’ is the picture we have in our head of how the world works, how people interact with each other. As with an engineering model, we feed possibilities into it and come up with predictions. The accuracy of the model is dependent on many things – how good a starter pack our parents gave us, how detailed we’ve made the model, how much we’ve tested it by running sample data through. Some people have highly accurate models and are considered ‘shrewd’, and some have poor predictive powers and are thought naive. Most of us fall somewhere in the middle.

Our values system is what we use to guide us through life. It’s the set of rules and restrictions and codes that we innately believe will give us the best chance in life. It can be a narrow set – “what’s best for ME”, can revolve around the family, or can be very broad – “what’s in the best interests of the community (town, nation, world)?”

Some of our values are personal – we’ve learned hard lessons from our own experience. – “Don’t steal, or you’ll get a record.’ Some we’ve unconsciously absorbed from our parents – “It’s wrong to steal”. Some we adopt to fit in with peer group ideals – “Her son was done for burglary, isn’t it awful?”.

When we engage with a life-partner, we usually pick someone with a similar values system to our own, and we work hard to bring those systems together. This is not lovey-dovey stuff - it’s innately practical. If we are both bound by the same restrictions and drivers, we are likely to support and reinforce each other. We will be able to ‘trust’ – to confidently predict the other’s actions and opinions – and will therefore have a solid platform on which to base our life.

Our values system is based implicitly on our life model, and it works by reward and punishment. If we conform to our values, we build self-esteem and feel good about ourselves. If we violate our values, we feel discomfort. We attempt to get away from the discomfort by a) confessing and apologising, ie reconforming to values, or b) stuffing the discomfort down, or c) altering the values system so that we don’t appear to have breached it.

When an affair begins, there is usually huge temptation involved – for whatever reason. The temptation overwhelms the values system – when the WS says “I didn’t think…” , that’s exactly right. The normal mental mechanisms were not in play, largely because the life model was not sophisticated or accurate enough to detect what was happening nor predict the likely consequences, or because an intensity of resentment or anger caused normal mechanisms to be deliberately ignored. There is a ‘fantasy leap’, almost like a leap of religious faith. This leap says ‘ I want some fun / excitement / attention. I deserve that. I believe that this will make me feel better, and I believe I can control it, and get what I want out of it.”

The ‘denial’ mechanism can’t operate for long – the values system is too powerful for that. But by the time the underlying values system kicks in, the two affair partners have usually got themselves in sufficiently deep for there to be painful drawbacks in pulling out, and significant benefits in staying in. Excitement and pleasure oppose pain and discomfort.

For most people, an affair is a serious violation of their values system, so that sooner or later, the intense discomfort of values-betrayal is felt. This is heavy-duty pain, the kind that the WS is keen to escape from, like appendicitis. So how do they escape that pain? See above. They could a) confess – but of course it’s not something trivial they’d be confessing, so forget that, b) stuff the discomfort down, or c) alter the values system.

I suspect that most WS’s begin by trying to stuff the pain. But it’s too big – like getting an elephant into a suitcase. So there is really only one way to go. The values system has to change. It seems likely that the WS moves rapidly away from such intense pain – perhaps so quickly that its presence is not even noticed.

So the WS’s position metamorphoses:

1) It’s wrong to have an affair.
2) Friendship is not an affair.
3) Affairs are only wrong if they threaten the marriage. This is a friendship-with-sex and does not threaten the marriage.
4) The outside relationship ‘brightens’ me, and is therefore good for the marriage.
5) Other people are inexperienced. They don’t understand the power of a passionate friendship, and how enriching it is.
6) This affair is not wrong. In fact, I could not live without it.

The process is driven, I suspect, by a factor which none of the literature seems to comment on much – the fact that TWO people are involved.

Both affair partners are having to alter their values systems to accommodate what they’re doing. This feels uncomfortable, so they look to each other for confirmation that they’re justified in acting as they are. Neither wants to believe that they’re involved with someone whose values system is easily changed – that would be weak - so they must each work hard to convince each other that they are good, that their values are altering only because they are ‘growing’, becoming too complex and sophisticated / visceral / emotionally liberated for the old realities as personified by their spouses. They therefore reinforce each other, generating a self-perpetuating cycle that builds like a fire in heavy winds.

In addition, the same values-converging process that happened with the marital partners operates on the affair partners. Ironically, there is a strong need for security, perhaps to replace the dwindling security that the marriage is likely to provide (if the affair is exposed). The affair partners therefore work to keep each other ‘in’ the relationship by escalating involvement and increasing the other’s personal investment.

The desperate need to believe in the security of the relationship, in its ability to support and nurture, in its essential goodness, leads to what looks from the outside to be reckless behaviour. There is a mutual denial of the dangers of STDs or pregnancy.

By this time, the WS’s values systems are a LONG way from where they began.

Think back to what a values system is. It’s a set of beliefs based on a life model – the most realistic picture an individual can generate of how the world works. To support the altered values system, there has to be an altered life model (the one that says, eg, affairs won’t hurt my family).

The problem with the altered life model is that it’s not realistic. It starts from a premise that’s innately flawed – that it is OK for this individual to have this affair. The flaw distorts all logic.

Imagine that you postulated a theory that air would support your weight if there was enough of it under you, ie if you got high enough above the ground. Obviously, water supports large ships under a similar theory, so it’s a reasonable conjecture. The theory would look OK as long as you didn’t have to personally prove it. We can see that skydivers don’t appear to conform to the principle, but perhaps that’s just because they don’t get high enough?

Once you’re working to this theory, it becomes obvious that planes are a rather naïve concept. All that going-fast when all they have to do is climb up to the level where they’re supported by air molecules! The notion that satellites have to orbit at high speed is also clearly daft – at that height the trouble would be getting them down!

The affair partners are now operating far above safe oxygen levels. But to them, everything makes perfect sense.

This is ‘fog’.

The flawed model is a poor predictor. It fails as soon as it’s put to a real-world test. In fact, it fails all the time. In truth, it fails so frequently that the affairees must exert colossal energy just to keep themselves in the suspension of disbelief. And the self-delusion may eventually be exposed by real-world reactions that cannot easily be denied or ignored – the anguish of children, the disappointment on a mother’s face, the lash of a lawyer’s letter.

So what’s happening to the marriage, while all of this is going on?

To begin with, the WS moves between the two realities with a sense of excitement. It’s an escape. But, as the two realities diverge, there is increasing discomfort at the difficulty of bridging the two, of making the transition between them. To counter this, and because the affair is where the excitement is, a sense of anger, indignation and self-righteousness develops that the WS is ‘having’ to lie and deceive. If only the BS’s could be sophisticated enough to understand the benefits of the arrangement! If the BS’s were not so selfish, they would be glad that the WS’s are happy! It is infuriating that the stupid, inflexible BS’s would inevitably whinge and complain and wreck the perfect love of two people who were destined for each other…

There is no counter-balancing argument from the BS, because the BS does not know what is going on. But the likelihood is that the spouse has an instinctive awareness that something is wrong, and is becoming defensive and confrontational. The marriage is becoming an uncomfortable environment.

So the WS has now manoeuvred themselves into a position where the only source of acceptance and pleasure is with the OP. The WS inevitably moves further away from the marriage.

The affair usually loses its flavour, as the affairees begin to know each other and recognise that the affair partner is far from an improvement on the marital partner, and that the effort involved is no longer justified by the benefits. But as the emotional bond weakens, the two affairees may perversely cling to each other even more tightly, though not always at the same time. There is probably a bond of friendship, hopelessly complicated by the sexual connection and conspiracy to bteray.

By now they are in a position where exposure of the affair seems likely to end the two marriages anyway. The marriages are now so tarnished – the WS’s have moved so far away from the original values systems still supported by their spouses – that the affair, for all its misery, is now a more likely candidate for the future than the marriage. Both WS’s are locked in a death-spiral – each is terrified that the affair partner will leave the affair to recover the marriage, leaving one WS abandoned and hopeless. And at least one WS may be trapped by the terror of having to establish permanence with the affair partner, or be alone.

So what about the ‘fog’? The WS is moving between two realities; he or she is effectively two people. There is a ‘flickering’ effect, like moving between perceptions in a magic-eye picture. Sometimes WS#2 flickers into life in Reality #1. If the bad reception makes it difficult for the BS to ‘see’ the wayward spouse, the discontinuity makes it impossible for the WS to ‘see’ the old reality clearly too. WS convinces themselves that all is unchanged and well in the old life. They may even become angry if the BS is liberal with the old value system. It is necessary for the BS to be predictable via a well-understood parcel of values, in order for the WS’s deceit to work. There may also be a need, unacknowledged, for the BS to act as keeper-of-the-flame, to vicariously hold to what the WS has lost, to be a solid platform to return to.

And then comes dday, and the clash of matter and anti-matter, as the two realities meet. For the first time, the WS is presented with penetrating questions about the logic of the affair’s life-model. For the first time, the illogicality of the affair’s premise is exposed. The WS must defend the affair, or appear hilariously stupid. Defending the affair with dodgy logic has been the option for the life of the affair; the dodgy logic has been vigorously supported by the OP, so that the WS has had no practice in providing a reasonable defence. Small wonder that the WS feels threatened and humiliated and hits back. Small wonder that the arguments are so feeble – the same feeble arguments have been applauded as sage wisdom for so long, the WS is profoundly indignant at being challenged in any way. At this point, the WS provides us with all of those witty sayings that we howl at on the ‘dumb answer’threads.

At this point, the WS can head off in one of several directions. They might retreat permanently. They might reluctantly acknowledge that some of the logic was flawed, and move slowly back into the old values system. They might recognise immediately the mistake they have made, and set about with energy and determination to fix the mess they have created. Or they might settle for a fortress mentality and stubbornly defend what they’ve done, in unconscious fear that being wrong means being annihilated.

There seem to be lots of each WS type here on this board.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
L
L
Hi, Coho.

I have to admit, I'm really disappointed. But I am not judging you. There is a lot of heavy stuff here and you've got a lot to think about because of what you've done. Of course your H does to.

You also have a lot to DO.

You've listed things you're doing to provide transparency. There are other things that I believe you also must do if you care at all for Zen -- and these are things you should do regardless if he decides to try to stay with you or not.

Please take an STD test as soon as you can. And schedule another for 6 months later. Doesn't matter if you've taken one after being with the OM before or not. You need to do it again. And you need to show Zen the results.

You must quit your job first thing in the morning. Dedicate the hours you would have been at your job to looking for a new one.

If you can't change your home phone number for whatever reason, install caller-ID on your home phone if you don't have it already. Make sure your children know that if OM's number appears, they are not to pick it up.

Let Zen know everything about the OM if he doesn't know him so that he can know what OM looks like, what his car looks like, and where he lives. This will allow Zen to expose to OM's family and friends and also to protect the children you two have.

What are the ages of your kids? You need to tell them in an age appropriate manner that you have hurt their father and how. I'm no expert at this so take guidence from Dr. H or others, but they need to know what has happened and you need to take responsibility for it. Look them in the eyes when you tell them.

Remove all alcohol from the house.

Check with your doctor to see if you should be on anti-depressants.

Find individual counseling through MB, a private IC, a program through your church, or elsewhere. You have to uncover why you are doing this despite supposedly knowing the terrible consequences. And you need to stop. You are demeaning, disrespecting, and deceiving yourself and so many others -- especially your H.

These are things you need to do for yourself as much as you need to do them for Zen, in my opinion. I'm no doctor and no marriage counselor. I just think these are things you should do based on what I've read here and on Zen's thread.

Oh... And if Zen states that he wants you two to move to another town, you don't question it. You tell him you'll contact a relocation company to get it started.

You have one heck of a row to hoe if you're sincere, Coho. I pray you are.

Good luck.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
D
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Me too...

Why should anyone believe a word that comes out of Coho's mouth?

Zen, go back and read her entire thread. Then read your thread. You know what to do Steve McGhandi.

D-Papers served May 8th, 2009
T
T
You just returned the OM's house key, taped it to the OM's door.

How long did you have this key?

You want NC with the OM, you won't quit job with OM, you won't move far away from OM, you never gave up your key to OM's place.

Unbeliaveable.

I
iam Offline
I
You want to 'prove' your remorse?

Leave. Just get out. No words, no goodbyes. Walk away.

S
S

As is SMB.

This is the way of life in an affairage. It is very unfortunate that Zen used such tragic bad judgment

I have no pity for either of them if their marriage started as an affair. So Zen stole someone else's wife and now someone is trying to steal her from him? And ya'll feel sorry for him? FOR REAL?! Was HE concerned for the BH? Has HE made amends for what he did?

Happily married to HerPapaBear

O
O
SMB, the way I understand it from these two threads, is that Coho was married but separated and Zen was single. I'm not sure if Coho was upfront and honest with Zen about how separated she really was at the time--perhaps that's where the ambiguity is about whether or not this is an affairage.

When I started dating my husband, he was separated from his wife, had a formal agreement and had started divorce proceedings. So I guess you could even say that ours was an affairage, though she'd been out of the house for 5 months before we ever went on our first date. The divorce decree came 3 months after that and although we were dating pretty steadily by this time, I drew the line at the SF portion until he had that decree.

Not sure how it played out with Zen and Coho but given how slick and glib Coho is with words, I wouldn't doubt that she was still *with* the first husband and selling Zen a bill of goods in order to lead him on. So from my perspective (which could be totally wrong since I don't know these two people and it's all based on what's here in these threads) is that Zen was dating a woman he thought to be separated and in the process of divorcing her husband.

Maybe it's my own filter that makes that ok in my mind.

M
M
but given how slick and glib Coho is with words, I wouldn't doubt that she was still *with* the first husband and selling Zen a bill of goods in order to lead him on.

Thats exactly what happened. But he did find out the truth before he got married.

I don't think rehashing it is appropriate, [it has been discussed to death here] other than to say that your case has a different dynamic because your marriage did not end BECAUSE of an affair. Coho's marriage ended because of her affair with Zen. That is what makes it an affairage, IMO.

My personal perspective on this is that people who marry their affair partners continue in that wayward state of mind because their affair never ends. That has proven true in this case.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

O
O
Thanks for the clarification, ML. I couldn't recall what Zen and Coho' situation was and re-reading their threads makes me sort of ill so I was going by memory. I think the distinction of the marriage being OVER is appropriate and I remember that point being really important to me at the time--it was the main reason I was never ready to jump with both feet into a relationship with my husband until I'd made sure in my own mind that I wasn't a rebound or a mid-breakup hookup.

L
L
Any stupid prideful BS I had is not part of me anymore.

Wow! You can turn that part of yourself off that easily??? Why did you wait until now?

You are disgusting to do this to your husband. Stop the lying.

I'm not sure what good a polygraph would be at this stage. I think ZW has enough info to go forward.

Me: FWH / BS (36)
W: BS / WW (37)
Two youngsters
O
O
Originally Posted by Lostin2008
Any stupid prideful BS I had is not part of me anymore.

Wow! You can turn that part of yourself off that easily??? Why did you wait until now?

You are disgusting to do this to your husband. Stop the lying.

I'm not sure what good a polygraph would be at this stage. I think ZW has enough info to go forward.

Yeah, she can turn it off now. She's had her 'fix' and judging by the timing of her boinking OM, the 'fix' will hold her for about 3 weeks during which time she'll throw herself at Zen's feet and ask for mercy. And Zen will take her back and Coho will be (on the surface) very sweet and caring puke until she needs her next fix.

And the cycle continues.

Until Zen breaks it because it sure as heck ain't gonna be Coho that breaks it.

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation