Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 38 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 37 38
B
B
Now I know why I never posted in this thread; it seemed phony. Your phoniness reminds me so much of my POSOW. I doubt I have to draw you a picture of what I think of her. Or maybe I do have to draw you a picture. :crosseyedcrazy:

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
In his famous sermon "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" Jonathan Edwards describes our life as being like a thin rotten canvas stretched precariously over the burning pit of hell. We walk upon that canvas as we live our lives. At any second that canvas might disintegrate and allow us to free-fall into the oblivion and torment we so richly deserve.

We are helpless to save ourselves from this fate and it is only because God continues to tolerate our sin and shows us extraordinary mercy and grace that we survive even one second longer. But He won't keep us perched at the edge of eternity forever and eventually His hand will release it's grip and we will fall forever into the flames below.

God offers us salvation from this fate but it is up to us to accept it and seek His grace. His mercy does not extend to those who refuse it and only He can prevent our so well deserved punishment.

For this purpose He became one of us and died in our stead in order to seal the offer He has made. He requires only that we accept this offer of Him paying our debt and that we turn from our own selfish desires and actions and follow Him.

When we accept His offer He begins to change us from the inside out and makes us to conform to the standard He has set for our lives. And each time we rebel and commit what we know to be sin it's as if we ourselves drive another nail through His flesh into the tree because it was to pay the debt we owed for those sins that He died.

Do you really believe, Sparky? Does the fact that only by God's grace has the Law been satisfied and your punishment already fulfilled in Him mean anything to you?

You wonder why your prayers aren't answered? James said that it is the prayers of a righteous man that have power. He also says this:
7Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up (James 4 NIV)

So lies and deception got you nothing. What are you going to do now?

M
M
Originally Posted by Lostin2008
Sparkle, what made you confess this contact and not any of the other 40 calls over the last few months?

She did not confess, she was caught...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

D
D
C'mon Mrs. We both talked to her.

I know I knew she had lots of work to do...and you are WAY smarter than I am.

She has a choice now that Spartan is going to be on here challenging her honesty.

She'll either run for the hills or take the challenge.

I know what I'm praying for.

So Spark - how tough are you? Cos it takes growing a backbone to be able to lift your family out of the miasma you've created for them. Are you MOM enough to fight for your family?

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
I'll root for their family, Kimmy, of course I will...I'm just very, very disgusted right now...I've had quite a few phone calls from Sparky, a WHOLE bunch of text messages - Mr. W spoke briefly with Spartan...Heck, dd9 and I were even late to the movies the other day so that I could stay on the phone with Sparky as she drove to the drugstore and back...I feel kicked in the teeth, which is NOTHING compared to what her poor husband feels...

My guess? We won't see her around here today...Nothing worse to an admiration junkie than criticism...sigh

Prove me wrong Sparky...

Mrs. W

ETA: I just feel sick that we were all used to help her continue to dupe her husband...Make him think she was serious about recovery... sick

Last edited by MrsWondering; 04/23/09 09:32 AM.

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

W
W
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
I'll root for their family, Kimmy, of course I will...I'm just very, very disgusted right now...I've had quite a few phone calls from Sparky, a WHOLE bunch of text messages - Mr. W spoke briefly with Spartan...Heck, dd9 and I were even late to the movies the other day so that I could stay on the phone with Sparky as she drove to the drugstore and back...I feel kicked in the teeth, which is NOTHING compared to what her poor husband feels...

My guess? We won't see her around here today...Nothing worse to an admiration junkie than criticism...sigh

Prove me wrong Sparky...

Mrs. W

ETA: I just feel sick that we were all used to help her continue to dupe her husband...Make him think she was serious about recovery... sick

I agree 100%. I'm sorry but there is something to be said for someone that continues to betray their BS after reading the stories here. Truly sad.

Want2Stay

D
D
>I'm just very, very disgusted right now

Maybe I'm just in a good place right now for me...but I totally expected this.

MS's hesitation about Sparty coming here...the OT thread...it all pointed to fog....

But I also see it as NECESSARY. You've got to rip the whole bandaid off in order to drain the pus and icky stuff out - otherwise it's gonna fester even more.

I really expected this - NO wayward wants all of the truth to come out...they ALL want to eat their cake and have a side of ice cream.

The only clincher here is MS...I'm wondering if she is strong enough in character to pull herself up by her bootstraps and QUIT this nonsense and get down to the nuts and bolts of her very poor choices (up till now). I'm not certain she is...

I AM certain that Spartan will continue to breathe with or WITHOUT her. His soul may be bruised right now, but his will is strong. I dunno if MS is strong enough in character FOR him.

We shall see.

And Mrs...you are my sister I never met. My arms are around you right now. WE have lost nothing but TIME in our efforts, while it may seem big to us, it's NOTHING compared to what MS stands to lose by her continued bad choices. I'll trade that time for a chance to help Spartan and those precious kids...THEY are worth it.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
P
P
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
She did not confess, she was caught...

Mrs. W

NOT the "run-of-the-mill" WW
1. Previous adulteries or cheated on boyfriends.

2. Barely recognizes her conscience.

3. Works out, feels good, sleeps like a baby.

4. Not "head-over-heels" in love, but loves the attention.

5. "Follow your heart" IS her compass in life.

6. Cries for an audience, especially when caught.

7. May drink, do drugs, but does them to heighten her sense of pleasure.

8. Feels powerful and in control.

9. Loves herself. Why not?

10. Can look people straight in the eye and lie her [censored] off. Then go to bed with OM(s), then come home and kiss her BH, her children, and have a good night sleep. No problem.

OK - this is an example of the sort of situation I was thinking about when I wrote my list.

Plan B is the only thing I would recommend to any husband dealing with this.

Plan A now? .... Just another way to feed an attention junkie.

Plan B - the sooner the better. No "counseling". No "talks". No " extraordinary protection" discussions.

My humble opinion. Plan B. Simply Plan B. A good 6 months before even discussing the conditions for returning to the marriage. My hunch is, that if Spartan did a 6 month Plan B, he'd discover that MS has little desire to return to the marriage. All her breast-beating "I love you" "I want you" will fade in 6 months.

And, if I am wrong (I hope that I am wrong) then Spartan might be dealing with a more mature wife who has developed some ability to delay gratification.

The big risk of Plan B? Spartan will fall out of love with her.

Whatever ... it's just one woman's opinion.

O
O
Even now, You're only admitting to 1 phone call. When Spartan says that you called him 50 times last month alone. And you expect him to believe that the PA is over? Highly unlikely.

D
D
>The big risk of Plan B? Spartan will fall out of love with her.

Definately.

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
ITA with Pep.

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
M
M
Plan B will protect his love for her.

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
M
M
It's the FRs that will kill it.

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
B
B
Originally Posted by MicheleG
Plan B will protect his love for her.

I've never been conformtable with this concept...seems odd.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
P
P
Muted,

I've never posted to your thread because I couldn't figure out what your deal was, it seemed like you were saying "all the right things" to a certain extent.

Who did you think you were fooling? You've had some of the best posting to you and you've basically made a mockery of them. You're lucky that some of them are willing to continue on with you (if you'll get real).

When did you REALLY first break contact? I suspect that there were more than just phone calls.

I went through your thread and highlighted some dates and statements made by you that were foggy or just downright lies. I did this so you could see the pattern. Can you?

February 15

I didn't get any text messages or phone calls from my xOM but I did receive some flowers which I refused.

This is the first time that I've heard from him since 12/29.

We'll get together tonight to put together a NC letter.

Mel/Mrs. W: I haven't contacted him, but I know you'll call me out on this one since the OM broke NC. I could change my number but he can easily get my new one. I have to post my number on my e-mails and he could get the new number from my out of office replies.

March 2

How do I work with this when I've got nothing to hide and am offering but he won't look?

March 4

I know he's afraid to trust me and I will continue on the MB and Christian pathway to earn his trust and most importantly, learn to trust myself again.

March 8

I'm having a tough time within myself today. Fog, withdrawl, triggers.

March 9

Spartan could tell that there was something bothering me and at first he felt certain that I had broken NC. I talked to him this morning and opened up to him about a few things. I had some strong feelings of withdrawl yesterday and called another MB member for support.

March 11

I am losing my mind with withdrawal today but am still maintaining NC.....THANK GOD.

Maybe he feels that I've broken NC but I have an open trail and encourage him to verify my whereabouts.

March 12

Sure, I was able to hide things from Spartan for a while but not a single movement of mine was missed by God. I remember praying aloud in the garage and telling Him, "I am so busted for this" and shaking my head in disgust at myself. 1 Corinthians 6 brought me to my KNEES!!!

My will has truly been put to the test today.......and I passed. As I was leaving for lunch today, the OM and I saw each other on the road. We made eye contact, he waved and I continued driving.

He was proud of me and was grateful for my honesty.

March 14

Secondly, I will show Spartan where the OM lives. Not knowing has been bothering him. I also explained to him what he looks like (I do not have any pictures and he doesn't do any social networking sites). He wants to be able to recognize him should he show up at our door or we run into him by chance.

March 15

When will this withdrawal stop?! I'm really burned out on feeling like I'm living in a void.

Been talking to my husband about things rather than hiding them and journaling.

March 16

I will cancel my membership today.

March 24

All is not well on the homefront. Lots of AO'S, DJ's and blameshifting on both of our parts.

I've been putting "check points" in place for him so that he knows where I am and who I am with at all times. Same thing with the cell phone.

March 30

I can feel myself headed down to a very deep depression. Very difficult to get out of bed in the mornings, I don't want to eat any more and I feel like crying for no apparent reason.

March 31

I sorely miss training but even if I had my membership I doubt that I would go. My self esteem is so low that I don't even want to go out any more.

April 1

Tonight, I see our counselor but will be going solo since Spartan has to go out of town for work until Sun. Don't worry...I have PLENTY to keep me busy.

April 2

Spartan and I miss each other very much and have been calling and texting since he left.

April 3

Nose piercing went totally well! My mum decided to go somewhere else, so it was just the boys and I.

I cannot lie and say that I haven't been tempted to want to see the xOM but then I pray to bind those thoughts and I envision Jesus dying on the cross and the thoughts disappear quickly.

Never again will I open my lovebank to someone else.

April 10

He has been asking me very detailed questions about the SF that I got from the OM and then he hates me for the answer. I don't know what to do anymore.

April 11

FIGHTING, FIGHTING, FIGHTING....that's all we ever do! I can't do anything right and I'm STILL being punished for something that happened LAST WEEK!!

April 13

By the time we got home, I was ready to file for divorce.

I daydream of living alone with the kids and doing things as a single mom.

I think I have been drinking to escape the pain and guilt of what I have done.

April 15

Yes, I'm trying very hard to be trusted again although I do get frustrated that it can't be gained overnight.

April 20

I had a very hard time softening up while we were there. I could feel myself throwing up a cold, steel wall and getting defensive and annoyed when I would see couples who were truly connected with each other.

There were times where I could feel myself being lifted up but then came crashing down again. I will NOT submit to the adversary!! In stead of looking stunned, saying "this isn't happening to me" I need to stand up and scream "THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN TO ME!"

I need a no contact letter. I backslid.

I will change my cell number tonight.

I don't want him to leave me, but how can I blame him? What I did was completely unnecessary, stupid and selfish.

OM texted/called. I responded. He called and was still wanting me to leave Spartan and was angry that I chose my marriage over him. Said some very hurtful things to me.

He texted me and I texted back. He called me and left me a message and said he wanted to talk to me about something (sounded serious). I called back and we got into a pretty heated arguement for about 30 minutes.

I haven't offered Spartan ANY excuses or tried to back out of telling the truth with any of his questions. I have sincerely apologized to him. I will endure his anger...he has every right to be!

I didn't have a strong plan because it still left an open avenue for contact. I will change my number.

Until it gets changed, I put him in my phone with the name of DO NOT ANSWER.

I'm pretty certain that he won't ever contact me again, but if that will ensure that he doesn't, I will.

There is only one loophole that he will be able to get through and that is the work e-mail address. I can have him blocked, but he can still e-mail me from another address.

I just got his number blocked and am no longer scared of my phone. It was the bain of my existance.

It was purely out of selfish motives to find out what he had to say to me. I was still going through withdrawal and I allowed him to contact me while I was weak by not changing my number back in Dec.

April 21

I have purged any and all reminders of him that I could find. I also blocked him from e-mailing me at work.

I haven't changed my number yet because I am waiting on Steve Harley to call me. POSOM is blocked to my number and to my e-mail. It's been a HUGE relief not hearing from him.

I have deleted & trashed anything and everything that reminded me of him. ALL OF IT. There isn't one thing that remains in my possession that reminds me of him. I want to go through my cell phone call history and delete his number out of there as well. I don't even want to see his phone number.

April 22

I have had a very repentant heart since Monday.

I can honestly show that I want this by choosing to remain in the light.

I chose to take the bait.

I knew within my heart that God NEVER blessed that relationship. It was damned with the first thought of it entering in my head.

I got addicted to the extra attention that I received from the OM and the fantasy life that I could never in reality have.

I owe OM absolutely NOTHING. I will not allow him any space in my head, heart, soul or marriage.

I'm in this for the long haul. When I start feeling weak, I have not only God, but a network of MB friends that I can turn to for support.

And after ALL of this, it is revealed that you've had OVER 50 phone conversations with OM. Not ONCE did you own up to that. Not ONCE did you admit that you were lying to your DH and to the posters who were posting to you.

Are you done lying? Why don't you come clean and tell ALL OF IT. Not just what was found out. There's more, right?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
D
D
MS--how could you come to a marriage building board and tell such lies? Everyone has supported and encouraged you. What a shame!!! And, your poor husband.

I'm really not even sure why he would want to be married to you at all???

Are you even capable of telling the truth?

P
P
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
>The big risk of Plan B? Spartan will fall out of love with her.

Definately.

And, the BIGGER RISK of Plan A ????

Spartan will fall out of love with her.

B
B
Dang pm. I'm impressed. cool

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

D
D
I agree..MS is very CohoSalmon-ish...

MS should be the one trying to "protect" Spartans love for her but has she been doing that? I don't think so. Why should he be the one continuing to "protect" his love when she is so busy "destroying" it?

C
C
Originally Posted by BR
Now I know why I never posted in this thread; it seemed phony. Your phoniness reminds me so much of my POSOW. I doubt I have to draw you a picture of what I think of her. Or maybe I do have to draw you a picture.

Yes you are right. There was always an "off feeling" about this thread. And now in retrospect it was so calculating and deceptive. She purposely pursued getting acceptance from some of the best long term posters to look legitimate and fan her smokescreen.

And all the loud rooftop proclamations of love for their husbands and constantly yammering, “I do not deserve him but will fight to the last breath for our marriage”

We have had a few of these the past several weeks; Coho, Lindz0225.

But methinks extinguishedsparkler was the craftiest of the group.

Plan B Spartan, Plan B.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
Page 20 of 38 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 37 38

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 629 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation