Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 38 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 37 38
L
L
Why don't you and Spartan visit a lawyer. Draw up an agreement that gives him everything if you contact OM or have another affair. That would be the first step.

Me: FWH / BS (36)
W: BS / WW (37)
Two youngsters
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Lostin2008
Why don't you and Spartan visit a lawyer. Draw up an agreement that gives him everything if you contact OM or have another affair. That would be the first step.

Have him name the time and place.

L
L
Why don't you arrange it. Shouldn't you be doing the work here???

Two youngsters
I
iam Offline
I
Oh my...Where are my boots? It's getting messy in here.

puke

A
A
Ahhhh. Still angry at MB people for what they are posting and still has the swagger. I don't see anything that says "former" WW.

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
B
B
Was there ever a period of NC? If so, what date did you/he start contact again?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
Tick tock tick tock...it wasn't a trivia question.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
P
P
Her BS (not the slang) said in his first post that it went all the way back to February of this year. (what he's been told?) So that means, it probably really never ended.

He still loves her but he's hurt right now. BAD.

He may quickly move to Plan FU once the anger kicks in.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
D
D
No. You do it Sparkly. Tell him you want to do it for HIS safety.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
B
B
I realize the calls were in Feb and MS started posting in Feb but was curious if there was ever a single day of NC. I guess I have my answer.

Over and out.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

S
S
She will neither deny or affirm this..but my bet is that she has had more than a couple physical encounters with OM since she's visited this board. All of us are not perfect, but we do realize how much pain infidelity causes a spouse.
MUTED..you knew how much pain it would cause yet you pushed it off for your own selfish gratification.
Spartan is a far better man than me, you couldn't do enough bounces to the curb fast enough if it were me.
NOW you want help. It's going to take your life's blood to convince anyone of that here.WE really don't count though..That's left up to your tortured Husband..Spartan..God bless him

E
E
Originally Posted by Lostin2008

Ditto, write up a post-nuptial today. Confess your affair, have the confession notarized. Have his lawyer draft a petition to divorce and hold it, should you prove unfaithful again. Have your lawyer draft that you agree with the facts and terms of the divorce commitment and have each lawyer keep the documents on file should they be needed.

Create a post nuptial that indicates that any contact with OM or other inappropriate contact with any another man is grounds for immediate dissolution of marriage under agreed upon terms.

He gets everything, all marital assets and children, and you can pack one bag of personal items and have to find your own place to live while awaiting final dissolution of the marriage.

Demonstrate you are committed to the marriage by pre-arranging the terms of your divorce should your commitment once again demonstrate it is lacking.

Have two lawyers work on this post-nuptial, one that represents you, one for him, and make it an air-tight legal agreement.

If you do that, I'd advise him to consider a plan to reconcile.

L
L
I guarantee she won't follow through with the post nuptial agreement or agree to a poly. She is walking the same line as Coho Salmon.

Two youngsters
M
M
MS,

A whole bunch of questions are being fired at you right now and I have no doubt that you have few answers for most of them. But try to consider each and every question and if the question makes you uncomfortable, angry or fearful. try to figure out what the reason for that might be. I think you will find that the hardest questions to deal with are those that hit closest to home. The relentless pace will slow a bit eventually, but you really need to try to answer everyone once you can find a way to answer.

I have begun to see this as something different than I once did. It is no longer about saving your marriage, though I believe it could still happen but only by a divine miracle of God at this point. What I now would consider the mission of this thread to be is to save Sparky from herself.

Understand this; nothing will be accomplished toward saving your marriage or yourself by being defensive in any way shape or form at this point. Trying to pass the blame for anything including the economic downturn off to anyone else is just not going to fly right now. You are in no position to question anyone's motives, actions or words and suggestions at this time. The moral and ethical high ground was lost long ago and you are now going to have to fight simply to be.

As I go back and reread this thread I see Pep, Mrs W, TST, SMB, FF, LG and a whole host of others telling you to write a NC letter and ensure that the door to OM is closed for certain. I see you changing the subject to how something Spartan did or said made you feel hurt or sad or mistreated in some way every single time the subject came up. (He won't let you hang with your girlfriends. You are going to miss the gym so much. Etc)

You have thrown about your relationship with Christ and your desire to follow Him as something you are proud of but have you considered about whether or not He is proud of you? If you really are a believer in Christ and ever did follow Him, the Holy Spirit is supposed to live inside you. How can you reconcile that fact with your actions. What did your choices and actions do the heart of God?

You see, a non-Christian can sin and not even consider what the consequences might be. Someone who does not know the grace of God can follow his/her own selfish desires and not have to ignore the pleadings and direct confrontation by the Holy Spirit of God. But for a believer to sin requires knowingly ignoring those things and doing it over and over and over again. It requires hardening your heart until you can sleep at night and so that your brain doesn't explode with guilt since a believer knows that every selfish act is another nail added to Christ's suffering for our sins.

Psalm 139 tells us that we can never get away from God, that even when we think that darkness can close around us and hide us from Him we find that darkness and light are all the same to Him. He sees into the dark and deceitful places deep inside us as clearly as He sees the sun that He makes to rise or the Son that He sent to die for us.

So please end this now. Either end the affair once and for all or end the charade and go try your luck with OM that you already know has no respect for marriage or marriage vows.

No more sunshine.
No more smoke screens.
No more lies.

Mark

O
O
I agree with mark, The whole time you professing faith in God, you were lying to your husband. Right now you are omitting answering everyone's questions. Failing to deny the continuation of the physical affair is tantamount to admitting it. You may get hit with some 2x4s but in the end, the people on this site will at least respect you answering the hard questions. So please consider answering truthfully and completely. There are a lot of people here who have committed time and effort to both listen and advise. A lot of them are feeling like fools for believing you. I have not posted before, so I can understand being unwilling to share on my request. But there are those who have obviously been praying for you. In the bible it says "we are to confess our sins, one to another" If forgiveness and strength is what you seek. Shouldn't the ones weeping and praying for you be leveled with in accord with their commitment to you and Spartans reconciliation?

Last edited by ouchthathurt; 04/23/09 05:29 PM.
P
P
MUCH EARLIER ON THIS THREAD YOU & I EXCHANGED WORDS:

Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by MutedSparkle
I know for a fact that I was fully consumed with insecurity, bitterness and a need for all eyes to be on me during my A's. I was COMPLETELY self absorbed and ignored the damage that was left in my wake of self destruction. It was years of pent of anger that engulfed me in flames of pain and instead of reaching for the heavy extinguisher, I took the prettier bottle of poison instead. I'm still going through withdrawls and feel numb inside. There are times where I will get shadows of myself back but they're fleeting. Sometimes I feel like I'm waiting for a glacier to thaw.

Here's the deal.
The road leading out of perdition is pretty simple. Simple meaning difficult, yes, but not complicated.

This is it ~~~> do the right thing.
You don't even need a reason, just do the right thing.
The more time you spend contemplating your own navel is less time you are out there doing the right thing.
The more time you are taking your husband's inventory is less time you are out there just doing the right thing.

If you wait for a glacier to thaw your heart before you do the right thing, you will be cold a long long time, and still not doing the right thing.

Doing the right thing will make you feel better.
Doing the right thing will make you a better woman.
Doing the right thing will allow you to respect yourself instead of seeking approval from others.

Do you know what the right thing is? Do you?

Here's a twist for you ---> do the right thing without shouting "HEY! Look at me! I'm doing the right thing!"

Do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.
Once you start down that road, you leave perdition behind.

My advice has not changed. Still waiting for MS to do the right thing.

At least we're both consistent crazy

D
D
Ditto, write up a post-nuptial today. Confess your affair, have the confession notarized. Have his lawyer draft a petition to divorce and hold it, should you prove unfaithful again. Have your lawyer draft that you agree with the facts and terms of the divorce commitment and have each lawyer keep the documents on file should they be needed

This is what I have been encouraging her to do offline.

It provides loads and loads of protection for Spartan and the children if she does backslide. Further, it holds MS ACCOUNTABLE for her future actions - which is something that she has had mondo trouble with.

Still waiting for MS to do the right thing.

Me too.

Think on it this way, MS. IF you are entirely truthful about your seriousness for wanting your marriage and family, Spartan will never have to use that safety net and it reverts to "just a piece of paper."

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
O
O
Nothing should be attempted, until the truth has been admitted to Spartan. Think for a moment. "OK we'll do the post nup. But I won't admit to anything more then phone contact. So I will go into this attempt at reconciliation with a lie." That is a great way to start things over. Think about it. "How did you work out your reconciliation? "Well my wife continued to lie me. And then we threatened her with losing everything, with a post nup. Other then that, we have a great marriage built on a solid foundation."

D
D
Good point, Ouch.

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
Why would Spartan want to sign up for more of this?

How many affairs are too many?

How many lies are too many?

She has probably been doing the OM the entire time she has been posting here.

This isn't a "typical WS". This one is callous and seems to have no conscience.

Do you really think she is going to come completely clean with Spartan. ? Really?

It appears than some of you know this person off line. Don't you feel a little . . . well . . . mislead?

What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do. ~ John Ruskin
Page 24 of 38 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 37 38

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 731 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation